Should Don Leo scout in South America for Poland?

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Paul_NL, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Any interest for Christopher J. Karcz of NY Red Bulls or Lance Friesz of LA Galaxy?

2. tom.p

tom.p New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    lol you're kidding right. pulling out foreign names and making an assumption that they're better because they are raised abroad is not the way to go.

Besides, Karcz played for USA youths and he is over 21 so he wouldn't be able to switch for Poland.

3. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    I was not assuming that, maybe a reading crash course is great idea!!!!!

Krupoviesa would definitly make the best 23 players

But in the MLS and Canada there are some players that could qualify for Poland

4. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've said what you wanted to and no one has agreed with you so just end it. You can say Krupoviesa all you want but no cares. Poland needs to focus on developing their own homegrown talent because thats how you'll have longterm success.

So thanks for the discussion but your refusal to compromise, the misguided belief that there are hundreds of South Americans that could "easily" make the Poland NT, and your blatant insults are tiring.

5. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    1) Where did I say hundreds.....QUOTES
    2) It´s not if-if but and-and, but I doubt you will understand that

6. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    200 + 600 = 800, thus hundreds

Maybe not but the PZPN clearly doesn't have the money they need to comprehensively search a lot of other countries and I think you are undervaluing that fact. And don't try and talk down to us as if you have some type of higher understanding of the game and its international workings. If you want to show me the PZPN's financials and how it should reallocate funding elsewhere into this abroad search I'd love to see it but all you are doing is providing shoddy conjecture.

7. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    If they give me a couple of hundred euro´s I do the work

That was if they qualified, which they obvious can´t, but even you understands that, you only pretend that your ignorant

8. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Does anyone know anything about Costa Rican left winger Junior Diaz trying out for a Polish club?

I just read Teletica.com....and they announced that Junior Diaz traveled to Poland to try out for 2 weeks.

9. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea we didn't qualify for WC 2002, 2006 and Euro 2008. I see you've done your homework :rolleyes:

10. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Ok you have no idea what you talk about

Good luck

11. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Nothing yet on 90minut.pl, which is the largest database of Polish and Polish league players, and usually they're very good about tested players as well. If anythinng comes up I'll let you know. BTW did Teletica mention the club he is trying out for?

12. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    No they just mentioned that his club Herediano let him travel to Poland but did not mention the name of the club.

13. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    According to everardoherrera.com the Polish club Wisla Krakow.

14. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Hmm..the official web page of Wisla ( http://www.wisla.krakow.pl/ )nor the few unofficial pages that I checked (http://www.wislakrakow.com/) don't say anything about him. There are some news items about two South American players on try outs, Alex da Silva of Brazil and Rodrigo Mannara, but absolutely nothing about your guy. But go to the Wisla Krakow thread on this forum, these guys follow the team much more closely, so maybe they know something about Diaz.

15. PoznaniakPS

PoznaniakPS New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    yep

16. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You sir, just got owned!
    My advice to you, young lad, is to follow football a little bit more closely and refrain from baseless conclusions (like 200 Argentines could play for "kadra") so you will be better informed because you might just look a little silly when someone like Smoga who really knows what he is talking about challenges your inane proclamations

In regards to the discussion on scouting players in South America and elsewhere:
    Sure, that would be great if we had the funds and PZPN wasn't buried in buerecratic nonsense but reality here is contrary. In my opinion, we should focus on the infrastructure in Poland first and foremost. Leo has been a godsend for many reasons. Most notably, he recongnizes that our youth system is in shambles in comparison to other footballing nations.
    We should really focus our attention on the talent pool in Poland first. I think Leo himself declared some time ago that the talent level in Poland is not any lower than in Holland but it's just the coaching, lack of facilities, outdated tactics that are the source of the mediocrity of our domestic league and overall international football.

17. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    A)there are easily 200 players in Argentina and about 600 in Brasil that could make the Polish NT. Any who knows a bit about South American soccer knows it. Either you don´t know anything about SA soccer or you overrate the national team. The number 15 to 23 are average at best. There are million players like that in South America, most of which who never play in Europe

B) Scouting or picking players born abroad does not mean that you can´t build a foundation or develop soccer in Poland, all should be done.

18. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC

To Vamos Ticos:

Poznaniak basically found some really good info for you (unfortunately I don't know where). But it talks about three players, among them Junior Enrique Diaz. The last paragraph, roughly translated, says:

Another candidate to play for Wisla is Costa Rica national team member Junior Enrique Diaz of SC Herediano. He is a 25 year old defender. However, the biggest hopes of "White Star" (that's the Wisla nickname, by the way) board rest with the Argentine Rodrigo Mannara, who may take place of Kamil Kosowski.

My note: Kosowski is an offensive midfielder, so Mannara would not directly compete with Diaz.

19. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    And something that Vamos Ticos may find even more interesting, an official Wisla press release:

http://www.wisla.krakow.pl/art.php?id=&news_id=3217

It's in Polish so here is my rough translation:

"How did the tested players do?

Three of the tested players took the field in the friendly against Levante B. Each one of them played for 45 minutes. How did they do? Here is the low down.

The goalkeepers, Pantic and Matas did not have much to do. Each one of them had three or four chances to show what they could do, and both the Serb and the Croat were able to protect their goal on those occasions.

As for Da Silva, he played as a right midfileder. He showed himself to be a dynamic player, who, as most South American players, likes to move forward towards the goal. However he certainly needs to work on his conditioning."

20. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    And another, this time very long, article from the unofficial site:

http://www.wislakrakow.com/www/showarticle.php?articleid=16829

Too long so I don't feel like translating, but basicaly its info about the player, which you already know. What's interesting is that Diaz was given ten days by his side to complete the try outs.

And my final suggestion:

Let's move the Diaz stuff over to the Wisla thread, and close this one, 'cause no matter how welcoming we are to new posters on this forum (and I am sure we all appreciate them), the constant repeating of the same tired arguments by our guest from the Netherlands is slowly becoming a total waste of bandwidth.

21. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Any news?

22. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Roger should be getting his Polish passport any day now making him eligible to play for the national team

23. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    How long has he lived in Poland?