Should Asian Confederation split in two?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by shizzle787, Sep 14, 2015.

1. shizzle787

shizzle787 Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is what I am thinking: East and West Asia are very different culturally, and an E Asian club cannot meet its W Asian counterpart until the final of the Asian CL (due to travel difficulties). Thus, I think it would make sense to split the confederation into two, with East Asian (would be called Asia) swallowing up the Oceania region, and West Asian (would be called Middle East) taking Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia, and Cyprus (all from UEFA) with them. What do you think?

2. Every Four Years

May 16, 2015
    Miramar, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Sounds like an okay idea, except I don't think the UEFA members you mentioned would be interested in joining a West Asian confederation. There's a reason they play in UEFA. If they wanted to play with West Asian teams, they would have joined AFC already. I wouldn't expect them to be involved in this in any way, as they have no ties to AFC. OFC, on the other hand, I agree, is a completely pointless, hopeless confederation. It might do New Zealand some good to actually play some decent teams for once.

soccersubjectively repped this.