Shooting a ball with no spin

Discussion in 'Player' started by Adidas343, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Adidas343

Adidas343 Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Diamond Bar, CA
    how do you shoot like that?
    i can do it sometimes but i really don't know how i did it, i try again and again but cant seem to get that no spin shot. I noticed that without spin the shot was stronger and faster than when it spins up or down.

any suggestions?

2. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    The best way I can figure out how to do it kind of consistaintly is to approach the ball like you're gonna hit it with the outside of your foot to make it curve out, but instead of 'slicing' it like that, you hit it with your toes pointed down and inwards and your ankle locked. Making sure you're hitting it directly on the center of the ball. I've been able to hit some pretty powerful shots real low to the ground ...skidding backwards at times. This is also a good way to make a firm, accurate pass on greasy pitches. I suck at explaining stuff like this...but give it a shot.

3. kevin10

kevin10 New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    smack the ball hard with your laces and lean forward. try and hit the ball dead center. keep your leg straight

4. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    You're close if not exactly right, ADIKeeper.

Basically it all comes down to where and what part of your foot strikes the dead-center of the ball. You're going to want the top of your foot (the laces of your boot) to "punch" the ball. This usually requires leaning back a little bit, and bending your supporting leg's knee so that you can angle your kicking leg enough to get the sweet spot of your foot onto the sweet spot of the ball.

If you have smaller feet (size 8 or below?) you might not have to bend your knees or lean back as much, but likely that you'll still have to at least some.

Also make sure that your ball is properly inflated. A ball that's too soft will "smoosh" to your foot, and is more likely to deform in the kicking process and get spin.

When you get a proper knuckleball hit, the ball will make a distinct "thud" sound when you kick it. A quicker, more powerful sound than when you execute a normal sidefoot shot or pass. Good luck!