Shocking Transfer Time?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SeventhRowScreamer, Aug 1, 2017.

1. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    So long as Nicolás Blandi is part of the deal, I'm okay with it. The season is already f ucked (CONCACAF CL - fail, Lamar Hunt Open Cup - fail, Supporter's shield - LOL, MLS Cup - ?)

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show Spoiler
    He's not.

3. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    not. going. to. happen.

look, while $4.5M for a pair of guys that cost you almost nothing is the Pinnacle of the Hunt Business Model, even I find it impossible to believe they would dump this season like this in selling either or both.

From what I have learned, the interest in really in Urruti, not Barrios, and the report from AlDia that Urruti is "unhappy" has to be an exaggeration considering his actions, body language and performance this season. Wanting more money is one thing, but being unhappy is another.

Barrios just did a new deal two months ago, Urruti (I think) is on the last year of the deal he carried over from PDX. So, if Dallas wants to make him happy, just sign a new deal. Unless there's some other circumstance not out there, they'd be silly not too. He's a fantastic addition to the club.

4. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Of course not.

5. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    and further more: I am the President (in good standing) of the "Cynical Hunt Club" and even I refuse to believe the Hunts dump this season over $4.5M - and risk the last remnants of good will as they're trying to open the USHOF.

Now, if I'm 100% wrong, and they do sell both of those guys - the depth of just how much the bottom line is the #1on the list of priorities would be revealed to almost evil levels.

again, this isn't happening, but Urruti's agent is playing a spellbinding game.

Northside Rovers repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    An agent is acting like a dick? Surely not...

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Transfer not happening per Jeff Carlisle.

8. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

And just like that, I all the good will Dan Hunt has bought the last few years is gone...

10. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #36 SeventhRowScreamer, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    First the disunity on the pitch and now these stories floating around. All signs point to a poisonous locker room environment.
    And after thinking about it, I won't be surprised if FCD has a total collapse for the rest of the season.

TCS35 and schlomo repped this.
  12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course not. Not with Pareja in charge. The Hunts running the FO like clowns is a given but the locker room is tight. Frustrated but tight. Maxi wants to go home to be with his wife and family, no one can blame him on that. Not sure what Barrios' story is but he just resigned a deal so he's not exactly itching to get out.