Shirt Sponsor

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by DynamoManiac, Jun 23, 2014.

1. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! That money is going to balance the Dynamo ' s accounts and to be used as allocation money so LA can replace the Brazilian striker they sent home.

Show some pride!

*rey* and Hydro repped this.
  2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, I really like the new jersey. The logo looks good.

And I hate the way the ipad always wants to change new jersey to New Jersey.

redinthemorning and Levy2k6 repped this.
  3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BHP following Amigo Energy and Greenstar Recycling in terms of financial performance following sponsoring the Dynamo jersey - like the team is selling the Von Erich curse

TX Bill and metroag repped this.
  4. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yup. Of course BHP's performance should be blamed on the crash of the oil and gas industry, but it definitely feels like any company that invests on the Dynamo ends up suffering financially. Maybe it's a sign that the executives don't make good decisions (they should have chosen the Galaxy, right?)

I'm not sure if the graph will show, if not maybe the link here will take you to BHP Billiton's stock performance over the last 2 years.

Horrible. Good thing I didn't buy BPH stock.

[​IMG]

5. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahahahahhahahahha

I feel guilty for laughing at that because I met some of their remaining relatives but great reference.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amigo and Greenstar were the Dynamo taking deals with second-rate and second-tier companies because they had CEOs who loved soccer and probably gave them the most money at the time (and which the Dynamo tried to claim all sorts of synergies and common missions that insulted folks' intelligence). BHP clearly is suffering due to oil and gas problems (and dam failures in Brazil) out of their control - but it's like the Dynamo jersey carries a financial performance curse with it.
    I think Kevin is the last surviving Von Erich from the original family. The amount of dead wrestlers from World Class Championship Wrestling in the 1980s is astounding.

7. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but for any of you guys out there looking to invest in short term stocks, buying shares in Oil and Gas Companies now that they are most likely at all time lows, (for most companies) and then re-selling them once they eventually go up again (They will go up) is actually pretty smart. Of course do your thorough research but hey just a thought.

8. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another oilfield casualty here. If I had any money to invest, I might invest it in BHP & the company that laid me off(twice).

CeltTexan repped this.
  9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just have to make sure you don't invest in one that will go bankrupt in 2017. Lot of hedges have rolled off companies and those that have 2016 hedges very likely don't have any for 2017. Many will survive 2016 but another year of this and they won't survive 2017

ChrizG13 repped this.
  10. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the one sponsor we haven't had yet but is trending towards "poor financial performance" is the U.S. Government.

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  11. Tigereye

Tigereye Member+

(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Aug 19, 2005
    (ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The curse struck again...

Hydro, CeltTexan, *rey* and 2 others repped this.
  12. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    31% is a substantial loss in revenue

13. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Only if the curse applies to the entire energy sector, which would be pretty impressive.

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would make a Will Bruin joke here about his girlfriend working for BHP's accounting department but I got nothing here on a Tuesday night.

7seven7 and Levy2k6 repped this.
  15. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her accuracy with numbers is as good as Will's in front of net?

CeltTexan repped this.
  16. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sheet! I guess paying the couple of million dollars to he Dynamo doesn't compare to the couple of billion dollars paid to Brazil for the environmental disaster.

Nevertheless, I suspect we'll see Paletas Betty or maybe Elotes LLC sponsoring our jerseys next year.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [​IMG]

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like we need to reboot this thread now that it sounds (posted below) that BNP Biliton did not exercise its renewal/extension option and the Dynamo are trying to get a new jersey sponsor. I thought hiring Roc Nation was supposed to solve this?

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. R4CK3R

R4CK3R New Member

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Dec 22, 2017
    Fly Emirates here we come!

ChrizG13 repped this.
  21. R4CK3R

R4CK3R New Member

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Dec 22, 2017
  22. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This looks sick, stop getting me excited.
    Although WAIT...no black away jersey next season. Or do we get another black one but new style?
    Also, I remember we were almost Fly Emirates, but BHP offered more money last minute....pretty sure the Emirates guys are going to be eager to give us the middle finger now!

23. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to sources, the Dynamo are expected to get a new jersey sponsor at about the same time as OJ Simpson finds the real killer of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman

24. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is twice now that our FO has found our jersey to be sponsor less. We went from Amigo Energy and that lil' sombereo to twice not having anything. Super.

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously I do not know the particulars of the deal process but when you look at the size and growth rate of the Houston market, the amount of Fortune 100/500/1000 companies headquartered here, and the fact THAT EVERY OTHER TEAM IN MLS has a sponsor, this does appear to be a fail.

I thought they hired RocNation and Jay-Z or whoever a year ago to help them with it. Maybe the Dynamo just want too much for it.

And they’ve known BHP was leaving for some time, the renewal option I would surmise had to be decided on by last summer and publicly I thought I saw reports that they knew it was likely as far back as early 2017.