Shirt Sponsor

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by DynamoManiac, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he's the local president of an oil company. Of course he's evil.

7seven7, *rey* and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, just what the company is about. It makes sense why they chose the Dynamo. Also how the company is expanding in Houston. Just good things to know. That's all.

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BHP are, as one that works in the Oil and Gas industry for years, very, very skilled at their jobs and do indeed have employees from all over the planet. With their company's dedicated community outreach it is not just lip service from them, their company really does look to build in the community that they have a project or drilling going on at. Since Houston is their North American capital, it stands to reason that they are putting their money where their mouth is and this sponsorship should be a cash cow for our club. Take from this what one will.

Did anyone else notice that all of us in the GHA are getting a new Area Code, 346! Last time that happened was in '99 with 832.

5. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    oh, he gives a sht!

did the check cash, so that some AEG VP - Enterntainment Division in LA can upgrade his office furniture? i mean the couch is like 1 year old and has seen more intern ass than a proctologist does during their entire residency.

6. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks BHP Billiton!

Landon Donovan thanks BHP Billiton for funding the Los Angeles Galaxy's next DP (full interview here)

[​IMG]

redinthemorning and JC507 repped this.
  7. J_Coog

J_Coog Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This link is better quality.

Hydro repped this.
  8. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

F'king Donovan.

Hydro repped this.
  9. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have any numbers come out yet

10. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a looks stand point, meh. Still think Amigo Energy was the best LOOKING jersey sponsor. Just me.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sort of disappointed that they haven't tried to link potash mining to the Dynamo in some sort of strained synergy. Gives me no material.

They are treating it for what it is - selling ad space on the uniform.

redinthemorning repped this.
  12. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Dynamo cracked me and my seat mate up last night. The Dynamo announcer screwed up the pronunciation of the company name the first two times he said it. Not sure how, either, as it is pronounced the same way it is written. He said BHP Bitillion instead of BHP Billiton. 2nd time someone must have kicked him as he said it correctly less than a minute later.

Classic Dynamo marketing team, though, get a company to sponsor you for millions then screw up their name.

CeltTexan repped this.
  13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I heard it last night I thought: "man, I never realized they pronounced it that way!" Then I figured the announcer just inserted another "I" in the name

14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theres was a big cheer from the section below the auxiliary scoreboard above El Batallón when he announced it....I figured it was a group of employees, and I also thought it was good of them not to correct the pronounciation.

I thought the jerseys look good. And about the people worried about having to explain what BHP Billiton is, I get that, but there are many jersey sponsors of big Euro teams that I have no idea what they are.

CeltTexan and JC507 repped this.
  15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The downside to selling a jersey sponsorship with no real superstar and a crappy team in 2014 is that the owners think we don't need a DP or superstar to raise revenues - we can sell a championship!!!

Hydro repped this.
  16. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are on a roll these days, WC!

By the way, you should change your avatar to this, since it reflects your permanent status:
    [​IMG]

JC507 and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  17. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I take bak everything I said about the oddness and low name recognition of BHP Billiton. That sponsorship is FAR better than te sponsorship announced today by my alma mater UH.

TDECU Stadium! Seriously?!?!?

brahmafutbol repped this.
  18. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Indeed! TDECU is Texas Dow Employees Credit Union. And even with the acronym fully spelled out, you are probably STILL asking "Who?"

It's great for UH to get the money. But I truly do not understand this sort of spending by a company. Apparently TDECU shares the "philosophy, values and mission" of the University of Houston??? Okie Doke.

Hydro repped this.
  20. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This is advertising for TDECU. They have "Dow Employees" in their name but almost anyone living in greater Houston (or close to it) can open an account there and then apply for loans.

All you have to do is live or work in one of these zip codes and you can join:

https://www.tdecu.org/images/stories/downloads/zipcodes_02192014.pdf

*rey* repped this.
  21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It can't be any more strained than talking about the Dynamo as green, earth-friendly, recycling soccer team!

Arguably, TDECU spending the money to raise its awareness is a better spend than say, Whataburger, spending $1.5 million to get only incremental brand awareness.

UH did pretty well to get $1.5 million per year for a stadium that will only have probably 7-8 events a year (UH football and maybe a few other things). They may even try to book some of the BBVA Compass non-soccer events.

22. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U of H women's soccer plays games at The Rob.

23. J_Coog

J_Coog Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not anymore. The new stadium is field turf. The Lady Cougars now play (permanently) at Carl Lewis Field (aka UH Track complex).

24. DeuceFive

DeuceFive Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Tex-Dow Stadium a good nickname?

25. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wow, really? The credit union must be pooping money if they can afford to throw away money like that.

As soon as I look away from the computer, i forget the name of the sponsor --no joke, just a fact. Tamaku? T-C-U?

Oh well, thanks business of america for pissing away money!

Heft repped this.