shirt colours

Discussion in 'Albania' started by jordan057, Jul 30, 2009.

1. jordan057

jordan057 New Member

Jul 2, 2009
    hello,

i'm an italian football fan and i'm interested at the origin of football teams

could you tell me about the origin of the Albanian clubs shirt?
    why a club adopted its colours?

thanks.

Gianfranco

2. Ngadhnjyesi

Ngadhnjyesi New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Partizani Tirana, founded in 1946, after the Communist takeover of Albania, wears red. Partizani was originally affiliated with the Albanian Army and the Army's symbol was a Red Star.

Dinamo Tirana, also founded in 1946 (if I'm not mistaken), wears blue. Dinamo was originally affiliated with the Albanian Police Force which wears blue.

Both clubs are now privately owned and have severed their ties with their former masters.

Flamurtari Vlora, wears red and black, the colors of the Albanian flag, as it was the city where Albanians raised their national flag and declared independence form the Ottoman empire in 1912. Flamurtari means "flagbearer" in Albanian.

3. Ngadhnjyesi

Ngadhnjyesi New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Vllaznia of Shkoder (Scutari in Italian) wears red and blue which are the colors of the city's coat of arms which in turn were adopted from the colors of the coat of arms of the Balshaj family, an important family ruling over the Northern Albanian territory from 1360 to 1421.

4. jordan057

jordan057 New Member

Jul 2, 2009
  5. Ngadhnjyesi

Ngadhnjyesi New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Very nice so far, but I think you missed the FK Partizani entry.

I am trying to gather more information about other clubs and will post as soon as I get an answer.

Are you also interested about Kosovar (Kosovo based) clubs? I can help with that as well.

6. jordan057

jordan057 New Member

Jul 2, 2009
    news about kosovar clubs are welcome.
    thanks

7. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    [LINEUP-4-3-3]Bojan,Messi,Pedro,Keita,Toure,Xavi,Maxwell,Milito,Pique,Alves,Valdes[/LINEUP-4-3-3]