shin young rok heart attack?

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by cappuccino_kid, May 9, 2011.

1. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    goddam this guy is breaking my heart!

3. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Wow, sad and touching at the same time. Love that coach...

4. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know what you're saying but thats easy to say for an observer. For him it must be a terrible feeling. For a football player to possibly not be able to play football again, let alone move, is heartbreaking. I can't even imagine what he must be feeling right now.

5. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I wonder what caused his cardiac arrest. Often, with young athletes, its enlarged heart (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), and the first time it is diagnosed is when they fall dead, like Hank Gathers and Marc-Vivien Foe. Cutino Mobley retired from the NBA, after he discovered this condition.

Hopefully, Shin can have a normal rest of his life.

6. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I hope he can still use his limbs..looked doubtful from the video though. And damn 50 days from a feeding tube turned him into a North Korean. Hope he gets better.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Is there absolutely no chance for him to play?

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    No, he has to retire for his own sake.

9. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    miracle really. I cant really bring myself to watch that video quite yet. maybe later.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Damn that video is so sad.

11. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I know... sigh... :( But I rather have a SYR who's alive and with us, than one who's RIP and not with us...

Btw, he's being moved to Seoul today or tomorrow. He's going to an advanced tertiary treatment facility. Let's hope he stays strong throughout his recovery.

12. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    New Yorker in Jeju, South Korea
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Park Kyung-Hun... an amazing manager and an amazing person on and off the pitch. He's a father-like figure for all the players in Jeju United. :)

Agreed. I'm not a professional athlete and even I'll be in a downright depressed state if I got into an accident, managed to live but lost the ability to walk or move my arms. I've given this scenario a lot of thought during my life, and I conclude this scenario every time by saying I'd choose death over a life I can't truly live.

Call me a drama queen, but I bet many of you would say the same under such a serious situation, despite the initial disgust at the thought. It's easy to tell someone off for thinking like that by saying "You should be grateful for even being alive!" when we have arms and legs that can function.

But I really hope our Rokba can regain his proper motor skills again.

13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

can't imagine whats going through his head right now

14. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I can say with all honesty that that video was the saddest thing I have ever seen. Brought me to tears seeing the sadness in his face. He's the coolest ********in' striker that Korea's seen in a while and he doesn't deserve any of this.

Two things real quick. 1.) I love the reaction his manager has given. He's shown on the pitch that he's one of the best managers in Korea and now he's showing it off the pitch. You'd never see that in the states outside of a press opportunity. Quality guy.

2.) Shin heard about our show last year and asked to be a guest. We had a small chat but he was transferred to Jeju before we had the chance to do something more in-depth. With his knowledge of the game, he'll be able to get a job in coaching after he gets better.

15. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's been in a coma for 50 days. Muscle atrophy has taken it's toll. I've never knew it would be this bad. His motor function should be fine if they were able to resuscitate him before he got any brain damage. From what i read they were able to resuscitate him fine. Heart attacks does not cause paralysis. Strokes causes paralysis/weakness as a result of brain damage

God damn that videos sad but I have confidence he will get better after half a year of physical therapy. He will be able to run. He is young. He will bounce back in no time.

Fighting! Shin Rokba.

16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    He's thinking there's always an idiot somewhere online looking at my picture lying here immobilized and making an inappropriate dumb ass comment.

1 person likes this.
  17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha.

18. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Good to see him up and about .. Is he ok mentally though?

20. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He seems to be smiling which indicates to me that he is doing well. I think one of his main strengths is his mentality so we wouldnt need to worry about that. He has already started his rehab and is able to eat and breathe normally.

21. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    According to his parents, he cries whenever he even thinks about football so they don't talk about it. He said he wants to be a golfer or something now.

22. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    New Yorker in Jeju, South Korea
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    제주 유나이티드의 영원한 10번 스트라이커! Glad to see him smile. :)

23. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  24. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Wow those are powerful pictures, thanks for posting man.
    My thoughts and prayers are with this guy, he looks like he's got a long recovery ahead of him.
    I'm glad he's alive.