Sheffield Wednesday 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by IvanIV, Jul 14, 2011.

1. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this time next year we'll be in the Prem tho... =)

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah, i completely understand that ... and i make no bones about the fact that i'm not really wednesday. i always wish them well, but essentially i just like going to hillsborough and getting together with the wednesday lads i know. if i were, i can't imagine i'd wish anything but the worst for united. lord knows i'd never wish arsenal well in a (theoretically) similar situation.

but i really just don't have the requisite contempt for them that a true wednesdayite does (or at least should). in fact, i'd really like to take in one at bramall lane sometime soon ... but don't tell me wednesday mates i've said that. :unsure:

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    well, the pigs have dramatically fallen at the last hurdle, and SWFC's most satisfying season in many has now come to a close. i wanted the derbies next year, but oh well ... at least it's nice to put their delusions of equality (not to mention superiority) to bed for awhile.

they couldn't sell out their semifinal home leg (at reduced prices, iirc), and they only took a few more than huddersfield to wembley. that kinda surprised me, if i'm honest. they give wednesday grief about being 'massive' ... but wednesday truly are massive relative to them, if we're honest. i don't mean that to be snide, as i don't really dislike them too much. but there is a gap, isn't there?

certainly there's a one division gap for '12-'13. make sure you start the next one in the right forum, ivan. it doesn't belong in here anymore. :cool:

IvanIV repped this.
  4. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States