Rumor: Sheep Draft

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by lanman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Well placed sources are indicating that another Sheep Draft could be taking place soon.
    Nothing confirmed yet, but a show of interest could result in it being scheduled.

2. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am interested. Count me in.

4. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Will partake again.

6. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Count me in.

7. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is "classic format," I am in.

8. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Sheep draft has more that one format?

Blueallthru repped this.
  9. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I remember correctly, in subsequent reiterations to the original few, there were stipulations and specific criteria added to make it a little more interesting and/or keep it from being a rehash of the first few drafts.

Maybe, I am mis-remembering. It's been a long while! :)

benni... repped this.
  10. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'll bite!

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Many years, I drafted Mario Fernandes the Brazilian rightback on the Russian team on one of the sheep draft here in big soccer. It was a panic pick.

Why? I need to draft a player who was transferred that summer and i needed a rightback. I seemed to recall that Paulo Ferreira was available, but i was so uncertain.

I googled and googled..... I found this Brazilian rightback, who was just voted as the second best player in the Brazilian league. At that moment, there were many news report that he was linked to another move to Real Madrid. I am serious.... i based my pick on a bogus transfer new. It was the worst pick I have taken in my years at big soccer draft.

Blueallthru repped this.
  12. Socrates82

Socrates82 Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I would join this Sheep Draft

13. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm not ignoring things here. Just a bit busy last week and this, but should be clearing up for a while after that. I'll tag some more past participants later in the week and see where we are by the time I've got less on.

Blueallthru repped this.
  14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Last night, I was thinking of another all-time draft. We have one in 2011 .@lanman took Messi at 9th, which was controversial at that time. Totti, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry and Cannavora were chosen.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/all-time-draft-2011-selection-thread.1765977/

Seven years later, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta would be chosen much earlier. Pirlo, Ronaldo, Lahm, Neuer, etc would probably made a case to be drafted.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/al...-and-formations-thread.1814572/#post-24291648

I do not mind another all-time draft. Perhaps, we should do it for the post-war period. The idea is to see whether if some players such as Modric, Luis Suarez, Kompany, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribery, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Puyol, Mascherano, Klose, etc might have made it. Chile might have a chance with Videl and Alexis. O