SheBelieves Cup 2017

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by toad455, Jan 11, 2017.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steffi Jones gonna get fired if Germany keep playing like this.

2. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    France vs. Germany in HD (German commentator) - SBC - March 4th, 2017:

debzy, CoachJon and Lechus7 repped this.
  3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #53 Thomsen, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    I've always enjoyed watching the women's game when France, US and Germany play. The Germans look weak, and Henning should be replaced - the Germans have better options for sure. Don't know why Lyon even wanted her??

4. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well I have to say it was more France A versus Germany B as only 2/3 players were misssing from our best starting eleven while the Germans had more than half squad out if I'm not wrong.
    Mittag and co cleary deserved to win we played like crap, thanks have to their very poor attacker, what a bad penaty from Islacker:eek: and Bouhaddi for once...we draw, but usually we would have dominated but loss this kind of game so I guess we are progressing:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:... let's stay positive...Anyway, if we win the tournament it will be les Bleues second major trophy won after Cyprus cup long time ago (correct me if I'm wrong) we are definitely progressing:ninja:.
    Talking about individual performances, I liked France's Bouhaddi and Karchaoui for Germany Bremer even though RB is definitely not her best position and of course the best player worldwide at the moment Dzsenifer Marozsan.
    However, despite dominating the game Maro still leave that sensation of someone who is happy with her own prestation not really caring about winning games... don't get me wrong I'm not saying she doesn't care how the match end up but for me she could de much more to win games if she really wanted....once again is just my opinion.

jnielsen and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this was by far the best game of the tourney, resulting with the US getting their butts kicked. But plenty of chances by both sides. The constant switching of lineups didn't help the uS either, But my un official version of the book is; last year the Euro teams were distracted by the two games in sunny. warm Florida with their endless side trips to the beaches & Disneyland, Universal Studios, ect/plus the one game in Nashville with it's endless array of honky tonkytonks and partying all nite long before the big game, This time the Euros got stuck playing in dreary towns like Chester in freezing cold weather, and boy did the English get revenge for missing out of their fun in the sun!

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Any place where I can watch the match between Germany and England live??

7. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  9. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    #59 FawcettFan14, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    The pitch at RFK Stadium looks atrocious. I saw the highlights of DC United over the weekend and knew it would be rough. But sheesh. The weather isn't *that* bad in Washington, DC. Certainly no worse than Chester, PA or Harrison, NJ and those pitches were fine. Did the RFK grounds crew just completely give up, knowing that DC United is vacating the stadium soon? Well I got news for them. Audi Field won't be ready until summer 2018 at the earliest, they better get their act together and make RFK playable in the time being. This is just embarrassing. They are basically playing on dirt in large portions of the field.

10. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    England: Chamberlain; Bronze, Houghton, Bassett, Stokes; F. Williams, Moore, Nobbs, Carney; Duggan, Taylor

Germany: Benkarth, Blasse, Henning, Peter, Kerschowski; Maroszan, Maier, Daebritz, Magull; Popp, Mittag

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nice goal from Mittag. The Germans look pretty decent today.

12. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    It was a clever move. Goal aside, the finishing continues to be horrible. I would expect better by supposedly the top teams in the world.

13. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    This is Lina Magull for you guys. She is the reason why Maroszan has to play DM

14. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    #64 Romario'sgurl, Mar 7, 2017
    Hoping France can keep this lead..but this is France, so I won't hold my breath...

edit: 3-0 Baby!!! Don't eff this up, France!!!

15. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    Lucky USA they dont have to play in a Euro this year.

blissett repped this.
  16. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    #66 Romario'sgurl, Mar 7, 2017
    Laura with some decent defending. France looking too complacent in the back. The subs might have been too early but we'll see.

Damn, how many subs they get 20?!

Yay, France!!

[​IMG]

debzy repped this.
  17. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    LMAO at the French sistas ensuring that those edges stay laid for the picture. :thumbsup:

debzy repped this.
  18. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    We're just glad we didn't have to play in the Cyprus Cup.
    It would have looked REAL BAD finishing in 7th place at a tournament like that (behind a team like Austria).

19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I know it just a friendly tournament but IT FEELS GREAT TO WIN :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Wonderful performance from les Bleues, everybody including coach Echouafni did a great job but first we have to thank Jill Ellis with her three at the back against our agile/pacy forwards...thank you Jill!!!;)...But France was just irresistible today.
    Before the competition I said we would have defeated England draw against Germany I was right and the games went more or less as I predicted but the last one....just waouw! Glad to have been so wrong....Abily :inlove::inlove:.
    For USA this tweet sum up Ellis's team better than anyone could imho.
    839292710477508608 is not a valid tweet id

England is clearly making giant progress since Mark Sampson took it from Powell, but I'd like to see them build up plays more instead of playing strictly counter-attacking football.
    Germany, still favourite for Euro as nobody as that quality/ talent depth but in these three matches they left me an impression of not knowing how to close game, not being able to seize the moment as also Dabritz noticed in her very interesting interview. Mittag missing the impossible to miss and Steffie Jones very happy of an average performance (to Germany's standard) makes me believe they can be upset in July.
    Anyway, France won the SheBelieves cup..it's the only thing which matter at the moment.
    [​IMG]

gricio61 and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  20. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Uhhh, you misspelled "two".
    Allie Long was the core central defender on the back line.
    So France was going up against a "two-back" system in attempting to defend their agile/pacy forwards.

She slips and falls trying to keep up, and this causes some of her clothing to slip out as she flounders to the ground.

[​IMG]

21. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    [​IMG]

Geez, I wish I had seen the start of this match. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

StrikerMom repped this.
  22. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    This animation perfectly captures the exact ratio of blonde girls in society.
    One out of three are brilliant. The other two are hittin' the ground hard or screaming out of their lungs.

23. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    The 2019 WWC Quarterfinals and beyond, as of right now:

Qtr #1: France vs. Netherlands
    Qtr. #2: Australia vs. Sweden
    Qtr. #3: England vs. Japan (rematch of 2015 WWC Semifinal - Laura Bassett game)
    Qtr. #4: Canada vs. Spain

Semifinal #1: France vs. Australia
    Semifinal #2: England vs. Canada (rematch of 2015 WWC Quarterfinal)
    3rd Place match: Australia vs. England
    FINAL: France vs. Canada

Gold = France
    Silver = Canada
    Bronze = Australia

(USA doesn't even make the knockout stage, Germany and Brazil go out in the Round of 16, as does Norway)

24. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    lefutur and blissett repped this.
  25. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    That looks like a vintage Alex Morgan goal "back in the day" from a long ball sent in from Rapinoe playing deep.