Shaquell "Shaq" Moore at Tenerife

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Dec 16, 2014.

1. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013

And people like him.

LouisianaViking07/09 and mike4066 repped this.
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts:

3. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a league game?

4. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    #1054 Eighteen Alpha, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    It is the last preseason friendly.

edit: He was subbed out at 62' with seven other starters. Score line was still Mestalla 1 - 0 Reus.

5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Profile from Arch Bell (in Spanish):

http://www.marca.com/futbol/reus/2018/08/13/5b71928d46163fb7388b45cc.html

Shaq, at the moment, has fitted well in the Catalan team: he has scored two goals in the preseason. "The many give me confidence, the teammates have received me in the best way and they help me a lot," he says.

Second is a very complicated category, but Shaq expects it to be a good campaign for Reus. "On a personal level, I hope to improve as a footballer and play more minutes ... At a collective level, we want to ensure permanence as soon as possible and then achieve bigger things, it's a good group and everyone here is excited," says Shaq.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Old news but Shaq DNP in the league opener due to a registration error of several Reus players. Next match is Saturday, home vs Real Zaragoza.

8. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not in the 18 this week either.

9. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    They put out an official statement:

El CF Reus Deportiu SAD informa que, malgrat les incessants gestions efectuades pel Club, tot sembla indicar que el partit d'aquest cap de setmana, el CF Reus tampoc podrà comptar amb la totalitat dels seus jugadors. El Club espera poder resoldre definitivament els problemes sorgits amb la inscripció d'alguns futbolistes abans del tancament del període de fitxatges, el pròxim 31 d'agost.

Tenint en compte que el procés continua obert, el Club considera que entrar en detalls de la situació pot perjudicar la resolució d'aquesta qüestió. Tan bon punt estigui resolt, el CF Reus donarà totes les explicacions oportunes.

El CF Reus agraeix la comprensió als jugadors afectats, al cos tècnic i a tota la plantilla del primer equip, així com a tota l'afició roig-i-negra.

CF Reus Deportiu SAD reports that, despite the incessant efforts made by the Club, it seems that in this weekend's game, CF Reus will not be able to count on all of its players. The Club hopes to be able to definitively solve the problems that arose with the registration of some players before the end of the signing period, on August 31st.

Given that the process is still open, the Club considers that entering into details of the situation may impair the resolution of this issue. As soon as it is resolved, CF Reus will give all the necessary explanations.

CF Reus appreciates the understanding of the players affected, the technical team and the entire squad of the first team, as well as the fans of the red and black.

10. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaq was named to the USMNT roster for the upcoming match vs. Brazil.

TxEx, Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm sure some will freak out since he hasn't played so far this season.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Probably right.The freak out should be reserved for Horvath who’s not playing and Bono who’s looked like shit since his last call up :D

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  14. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It all depends on the rationale towards the call ups. With Sarachan saying that he wanted to keep a little consistently between this camp and the last one, I don't think anyone can have any problems.

It's also not like Shaq isn't playing based on merit. If Reus had their act together, we would've already gotten one of those factoids about him being the first American to play in la segunda division since Joe DiMaggio in world war 2.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's brutal that he's not even making the squad for a Segunda team when he was hailed even by the fans as a good starter for Levante in the first division.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're missing important context.

17. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club has been having registration problems with him and it got sorted out but he had to serve a suspension this week. There's nothing he can do about that.

LouisianaViking07/09 and Suyuntuy repped this.
  18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks. I had not been following his situation. He should be a starter.

19. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Shaq starts on the bench today as Reus Deportiu travel to Tenerife in Spain's La Liga 2

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    anyone watched enough of the 2nd division to give an idea of what it's like or comparable to La Liga or any other 2nd division among the top 5?

I recall Bocanegra spent a year at a Segunda Division side.

21. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Shaq off the bench at 69th minute.....

22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and PalmettoSpur repped this.
  23. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Match ended with Reus Deportiu holding on to their 0 - 1 lead- for their 2nd win of the season

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  24. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caught the second half and from what I saw, Shaq had a good game. He got into good positions going forward and showed well for the ball. His crossing, as usual, was quite good (I've always felt this was one of his strengths going back to the youth national teams) and he was involved in several promising build ups. He put a teammate through on goal when he burst forward and then found a nice slip pass, but the opportunity was missed. A few minutes later, he had a decent chance to score but blasted the shot high and wide.

Defensively, he was strong in the tackle and didn't get caught out of position. The level of technique on display was impressive, especially for a second division. I was surprised to see former Houston Dynamo flop, David Rocha, on the field for Nastic.

ShaftBrewer, Anderson11, m vann and 10 others repped this.