Shaquell "Shaq" Moore at Tenerife

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    And he has been bumped up from 50k Euros to 200k on transfermarkt (as of February). I'm not sure why this is but, interestingly, it puts him just below Payne.

Gacm32 repped this.
  2. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Maybe that's in his contract and the difference between being rostered on the first team?

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  3. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The player market valuations on Transfermarkt are fairly arbitrary; I wouldn't put much stock in them.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  4. saladking

saladking Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Shaqman It was great seeing you on your recent visit. Continue to make yuh homies proud my brother :)

5. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Is this his inbox? I knew I shouldn't have taken that left turn at Badalona ;)

6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I really would have trouble believing this if it wasn't on the official club website, but it looks like our chances of having another YA in La Liga have improved dramatically.

Shaq will be taking medicals with the first team. He is one of three reserve players potentially moving up.

http://www.levanteud.com/es/info/la...n-tras-el-regreso-de-las-vacaciones-estivales

Mañana llegará el turno del resto del plantel, y por la Clínica Ivre+ desfilarán Raúl Fernández, Luna, Verza, Lerma, Morales, Oier, Alex Alegría, Chema, Jason y Campaña, además de Shaq del Atlético Levante UD.

Tomorrow the rest of squad will have it's turn and Raúl Fernández, Luna, Verza, Lerna, Morales, Oier, Alex Alegria, Chema, Jason and Campaña will pass through the Ivre + clinic, as well as Shaq from Atlético Levante UD.

8. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may need to watch a few games of his last season to see how much he's really improved considering the last time I saw him with the Nats it wasn't a pretty sight.

bballshawn repped this.
  9. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Not much footage of the the 2B division in Spain, unfortunately. But if you find something, please let us know.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    This

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  12. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    884879164523909121 is not a valid tweet id

mike4066, TxEx, sakibomb523 and 4 others repped this.
  13. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Shaq started to today for Levante Snr Squad in a friendly at La Nucia.

14. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never be a pro they said.

Really hoping he can make that final push.

PalmettoSpur and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  15. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Levante won 0-5. Shaq played the first 45 and had the first dangerous chance of the game. The second 45 was a different XI.

In the first half Shaq was the only change from the regular starting XI.

One commentator on Twitter said they looked more like Valencia than Levante.

Comenzó el partido con el retorno del mítico esquema 4-2-3-1 y con pocos cambios en el once habitual de la temporada pasada; solamente destacando la presencia de un Shaq que daría mucha guerra mientras estuviera en el césped.

The game started with a return to the mythic 4-2-3-1 with few changes to the regular 11 from last season; only notable was Shaq who fought a war during his time on the pitch.

http://macholevante.com/2017/07/20/levante-deja-buenas-sensaciones-debut-la-nucia/

16. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    I assume "fight a war" is a good thing?

17. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Kind of a lazy translation on my part. We would say something like "played fiercely."

18. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say "put up a fight."

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  19. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Much better. Thanks

20. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    He played as RW in a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1.

And won plaudits:

Comenzó atrevido La Nucía tratando de controlar el balón ante un prudente Levante UD, que comenzó cauteloso el encuentro. No obstante, la primera ocasión la tuvo el conjunto granota en las botas del canterano Shaq Moore que acabó saliendo por línea de fondo tras la intervención del guardameta. Precisamente a raíz de esa jugada cayó el primer gol de la pretemporada para los de Muñiz de la mano de Toño con un disparo desde la frontal que entraba en la portería del conjunto local con la colaboración de un rival. El lateral norteamericano, formado en Buñol, fue uno de los más activos durante la primera mitad pese a no jugar en su posición habitual, y es que desde el extremo mostró unas cualidades físicas privilegiadas.

La Nucía came out lively and tried to control the ball while a prudent Levante UD began with cautious play. Nevertheless, the Granota had the first opportunity at the boots of the Shaq Moore which ended up going out for a corner after the intervention of the goalkeeper. Precisely as a result of that play the first goal of the preseason for Muñiz was scored by Toño with a shot from the front that entered the goal of the locals after a deflection off a defender. The American, developed in Buñol, was one of the most active during the first half despite not playing his usual position, and on the wing displayed enviable physical qualities.

http://valencia.eldesmarque.com/levante-ud/noticias/27024-ll

La gran novedad en el once inicial fue el canterano Shaq Moore como interior diestro. El norteamericano se mostró muy voluntarioso y ayudó a Iván López a ofrecer un buen nivel en el carril derecho. Una combinación entre los dos desembocó en el saque de esquina de cuyo rechace nació el gol de Toño. El lateral disparó desde fuera del área y el balón lo desvió a las redes un defensa de La Nucía.

Con el paso de los minutos el Levante UD aumentó su presencia en el campo rival. Aún lejos de su mejor versión, Verza, Campaña y Espinosa tomaron la batuta del duelo y sobrepasada la media hora de juego llegó una cascada de ocasiones de gol. Toño, Morales, Shaq y Roger fallaron ante la meta rival.

The breakout player in the starting lineup was the reserve player Shaq Moore playing as a right attacking midfielder. The American was very active and, together with [RB] Iván López represented a good attacking level on the right wing. A combination between the two led to the corner kick which resulted in Toño's goal. The fullback shot from outside the area and the ball deflected into the net off a La Nucía defender.

As the game advanced, Levante UD increased its presence in the rival's half. Still far from their top form, Verza, Campaña and Espinosa took control of the attack and, after the half hour mark, a cascade of shots were taken on goal. Toño, Morales, Shaq and Roger all were unable to score from their chances.

http://www.levante-emv.com/levante-ud/2017/07/21/goleada-alegria-empezar/1595950.html

There are some more reports out there that I'll try to translate later.

21. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd be happy for Shaq to develop at any position ... but the US needs top-level fullbacks.

Still, I'm ecstatic to see Shaq developing and getting such a great opportunity. Awesome!

Winoman repped this.
  22. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is out there earning it, that is how we get top-level fullbacks. MLS still can't develop top level anything. Good for Shaq.

23. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I wouldn't worry too much. I think Levante still see him as a RB/WB. IMO, this was a reward, a way to get him in the starting XI, for all his hard work last year and in preseason. That he seized the opportunity and excelled is fantastic.

To put this match in perspective, the opponent is a third division side. If Shaq gets the occasional cup appearance this year, I would consider it a resounding success. If he breaks out with the first team, he should dislodge a USMNT starter for the WC. Granted, I am probably biased in favor of the Spanish game.

24. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Levante are promotion favorites, right?

25. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is notoriously difficult to win promotion out of La Liga.

mike4066, UxSxAxfooty, Gorky and 9 others repped this.