Shaquell "Shaq" Moore at Tenerife

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I agree, and welcome back to Yanks Abroad. I am sure your input will be very welcome.

2. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    The player or the poster?

3. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Instead of moving up to the first team, as appeared imminent back in December, Shaq seems to have lost his starting slot on the B team. I don't think he has played 90 since the news came out he was being considered for first team.

Today he subbed on at 69' in a 1 - 1 draw with Barcelona B.

4. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Where is that salad tossed or salad maker or some such guy who's gonna bust in here tell us we are all wrong and then say we are just haters?? Just curious but Shaq seems to be heading in the wrong direction of the above post is correct.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  5. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Shaq Moore is back in the starting lineup for the first time, I believe, since January. Currently 1 - 1 against Herculês at 56'.

Tom Collingsworth and BostonRed repped this.
  6. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's probably Shaq himself.

7. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of you are soooooooooo cynical.

8. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Shaq played 90 as Levante won 3 - 1.

9. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
  10. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    And after all that, he doesn't play.

FT Atl. Levante 1 - 1 Villarreal CF B

11. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    DNP as Levante defeated Eldense 1 - 3 and escaped the relegation zone yet again.

12. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    Now that Levante are going back up to La Liga next year, it will be very interesting to see how Shaq continues to progress in the second team. We may see him make his La Liga debut with the first team next fall. Not bad for a kid who was written off by most people after the U20 WC.

13. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did he go from almost making the first team to not always starting for the 2nd team?

14. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I wondered the same, though I have noticed it happens at times with some YAAs. Big head syndrome is my best guess.

He's not starting in the match just starting either. Chalk him up as a possible for next year. He does still seem to be happy at the club, however.

15. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's also possible that loose reports that he might be close to the first team weren't true. It would hardly be the first time in the world of YA.

Moore has lost his spot at RB to a '94 Spaniard who goes by "Son", who looks like a RW-to-RB conversion project.

In any case, Moore is out of contract this summer according to Transfermarkt.

16. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I would agree were it not for the interviews with the first team manager in which he said Moore was an option after the Winter break.

17. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found this article earlier in the thread but I can't find anything with actual quotes from the manager. Could be I'm missing something, though.

18. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC

This
    is one of the articles. I'm not sure if I had posted it or not.

19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything about Moore in that article.

20. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Maybe I am the one missing something. Doesn't he talk about it in the video?

21. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think to look at the video and I don't speak Spanish anyway. The video seems to have been produced by a TV channel - is the guy associated with Levante or some sort of pundit? He doesn't look like the sporting director, who is pictured in the article.

Anyway, I didn't mean to parse this so much. Hope something works out for Shaq.

22. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    No worries. I don't have time to listen to it again but I will try to do so later. But it is definitely Tito in the video I am looking at.

23. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I just noticed that Shaq made the 18, along with one other reserve player, for Levante's last match of the season on 10 June.

http://www.levanteud.com/es/info/listado-de-los-jugadores-convocados-para-el-duelo-ante-el-huesca

I also thought I had posted this already but it seems to not be in the thread:

He played in a first team post season test match. He is expected to be with the first team when they start pre-season in July.

So we might have a Yank (at least on the bench) in La Liga this year.

24. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This was a very courageous move that Shaq made, I love watching him earn his career.

25. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I agree. The kid is succeeding on persistence after a nightmare beginning in Spain. He deserves our respect if nothing else.