Shameless - Season 1 - Showtime

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Felixx219, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone watch this? I have been looking forward to this for a long time. William H. Macy is a fantastic actor and Showtime's shows are quality.

Pilot was very good. Acting was top notch for all the actors which isnt always the case for pilots especially young children. I will definitely keep tuning in.

Emily Rossum is a cute little thing.

2. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched and I didn't really know what to expect but I really enjoyed the first episode. I am definitely interested in seeing where this series goes.

3. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I liked the first show,and will watch others. Macy, who I really like was 'on the floor' a lot. In December I watched 'The Wool Cap' which I really like, with Macy also, I have the DVD and watch every year, he has a drinking problem also, but works it out.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Consider me already hooked. And I'll be watching the British version too since I haven't seen much of that yet.

I'm a little unsure about the actor they chose to play Frank but hopefully he won't ruin it.

5. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's William H. Macy; he is an outstanding actor, probably one of the best there is.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah I know he's famous, just couldn't think of his name. :) From the few episodes I saw of the British version, I'm just not convinced he'll be as good/funny/well-suited in that role. But we shall see.

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man episode II was F'ing hysterical. That had me laughing my ass off. The pillow on the seat was priceless before Macy sits down for breakfast.

8. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone still watching?

I wonder if there will be any continuity with a story arc other than the oldest sister's love live. Because it si entertaining but this show will get old if it just goes on like this.

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Has anyone here watched the original version?

10. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I am still watching. Will watch last night's episode tonight on demand. It's been very good. Last week's was the weakest epsiode yet.

11. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This show continues to impress. The kids are really all very likable. You have to feel for Fiona and the sacrifices she has made for her siblings.

12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Fiona is my ex-girlfriend.

I think that's one reason why I like the show as much as I do. Off and on for the past few years I've dated a girl that reminds me of her. She actually looks almost identical to her. She came up in a messed up home pretty poor when she wasn’t homeless and has been raising her siblings and their kids. She has been in a lot of bad and dangerous situations where she has had to sacrifice for her family. For better or worse, I was a Steve/Jimmy without the secret life or being much of a criminal. (I blame the character’s negative traits on the actor being from Canada.)

It wasn’t until I looked at the credits that I realized that Liam is played by two kids. They’ve been pulling a Full House on us and I didn’t notice.

“Are you going to put those in my ass because I’m not even going to feel it?”
    “They’re earplugs babe… and they’re for her.”
    “Oh good because that would have sucked trying to fish those out.”

13. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like this show might actually be headed somewhere after this episode.

14. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liking this show a whole lot. Joan Cusack is hilarious in this!

Outside of the above, William H. Macy, Emmy Rossum and Kash's wife (Wet American Summer and the prosti in Mad Men), I've never seen any of these actors before this show.

15. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The kid that Kash shot and Ian is screwing has been in some stuff. He was one of the kids on the Riches, he was in an episode of Terriers, and a couple of other things on FX. I think he had a small part in a movie too.

16. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This episode was pretty good, IMO.

I hope that they go into more depth about Steve's family. Joel Murray is great, but he was pretty harsh in this episode. Given his daughter's history, I'd be flabbergasted too to hear it out loud, but to react like that in a room of people?

Yeesh.

17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I just got around to watching it. Wow. Another good episode.

I really had planned on sleeping tonight...

18. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ummm.

Amy Smart kissing Rossum on the mouth twice.

*sigh*

19. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was another terrific episode. I love Fiona's line to the jaded mom's when asked to comment on how it must be easy not to have to own a home. Yeah it gives me more time to do drugs and fence stolen goods. Just awesome.

I loved the ambulance chaser attorney pouring water on the steps of the El so it would freeze and cause someone to slip in order to find his next client. Also loved the video he had of Frank running and jumping out of windows.

Frank's job search was great and Joan Cusack's daughter is completely out of control. Daddy's Girl, that was disturbing.

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Steve Howey read my mind during that scene.

21. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joel Murray. Damn.

Don't blame Lip one bit for the couple of things he did.

PS - Had no idea that Allison Janney was originally cast in the role as Mrs. Jackson. Joan Cusack does a grat job, but Allison Janney is amazing as well.

22. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lip was justified in beating the crap out of Frank.

Poor Fiona. I truly felt bad for her.

Other than the scene with Frank getting showered, three was not much funny in the season finale.

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    There wasn't much, but I found a few things funny. Most of them involved Lip.

Watching Karen cry while having sex was really disturbing, but the following scene had it's moments after getting past that.
    Karen: "I think we should stop seeing each other."
    Lip: "What because the uh sex is shit?"
    Karen: "I think we should just be friends."
    Lip: "Why?"
    Karen: "Don't make this harder than it has to be."
    Lip: "Wait, wait, wait, wait is it because I said that I love you because I don't love you that wasn't love you love love you that was like middle of sex you know love you. Listen, honest... I don't love you. Okay, no listen I promise, I promise I don't love you! Karen! Karen! I don't love you!"
    In the police station when the officer was surprised Lip was Frank's son and this was his first arrest:
    Lip: "Slow study."
    When Lip was talking to Karen at the end and mentioned stealing cars:
    Lip: "Quick study."
    Frank getting pissed on by Lip.
    Frank: "Shit. What the ********?

Fair enough."
    I guess I'll finally go ahead and watch the UK series now to see what happens next and ruin it for myself. Veronica's reaction to Jasmine has been interesting.

In my own Fiona-ish drama... I think I'm going to get back with mine. I blame the show.

//Those quotes took a minute to transcribe.

24. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ...and the award for most unexpected Christmas promo goes to...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcK4OJmIo7c"]Shameless - Christmas Carol from SHAMELESS - YouTube[/ame]

I wish Suburgatory would end and Jane Levy would return.

25. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, gonna watch Season 2. pretty decent 2nd season premiere.