Shall we kill the rep system?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Mar 25, 2005.

1. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant!

2. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you give up rep, could we still keep those lovely glowing nipples. I'd feel, I don't know, not quite whole without them. :D

3. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    No. There should be some changes to the rep system.

Have rules in place for everyone when the little box comes up telling them that the rep isn't to be used to abuse other ppl.

Focus on those who have a poor record of giving rep and have done the wrong thing.

Think of this as well. The less smartarses we have the better this forum will be.

4. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Individually, I understand these words, but they make no sense in this order.

Face it, the humor is the only thing this board has going for it much of the time. Otherwise, you got nothing but overreaction, assessments of players from people who have never seen them play and outright paranoia.

5. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Are we allowed to consult with Mods when getting neg-reps for no reason, if it's obvious? It's okay if someone doesn't like what I post, but still, one particular guy keeps giving me neg-reps even for talking about weather, for example (there was no battle in the thread anyway). I want his ridiculous negreps removed!!

Some people are surely enjoying to spread neg-reps regardless of the quality of the posts. I wish if those insensitive users are prohibited giving reps, especially neg-reps to anyone.

I don't mind leaving the Rep system, but not the system as it is now.

6. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Funny that .. exactly same experience :(

Who's neg repping you? If you don't feel comfortable posting that, can you PM me?

I have a suspicion that it might be the same person ..

7. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I think it has some worth. I think it cleans up a lot of the, 'Good post' 'I agree' or 'You're an idiot' type stuff. FOr that alone I think it's worth it. In terms of people who bitch about getting neg repped? Just neg rep them into the stone age. Screw 'em. I still think the system would be better if there was a way to rpevent the rep cliques or having the rep be for soccer boards only but hey, whatever.

8. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I think the current rep system is fine...IF everyone has the same rep power. I mean, why does a negrep from some bozo with lots of green nipples count for -35 while a guy who has not rep whored can only register a -1? In a democracy, one man (or woman), one vote.

9. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    It's not Mani, if you think it was.

10. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone acutally read more than 12 words?

i know i dont (usually)

11. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    personally, I like the rep system, its fun

people that are complaining about it are taking it way to seriously

who hasn't had a little negative rep?? so I say SUCK IT UP

12. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Like any system, people will always get round the side of it. (Like tax ;)

It always comes back to policing.

But like others have said. Its just a bit of fun.

13. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I think only Paying members should vote in these polls.

14. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Why? Are paying members the only ones who use this site?

15. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    meh

Rep is rep. People are always gonna abuse the system. Its only purpose is to widdle out those good posters and those blatant trolls. But even then, you know who are the idiots by what they write on the boards.

I never neg rep someone for simplying making a stupid or ignorant comment only for personal attacks. I'd prefer to just argue with them until it gets ugly. But I did get some neg rep by some Marseille goon because I made a slight tounge in cheek remark about their team.

If they did the same to PSG, I couldn't give a fvck and I would laugh it off. Happens all the time on the French forum. :rolleyes: Its banter, part of the game. Get on with it.

However there is one good suggestion.

Make rep power the basis on how long a person has been here by the amount of rep he or she has. So someone who has been here 4 years has 4 times the rep power of someone who has been here 1 year.

Could work......

I know the system is getting abused by a few posters. Buy hey, that's life. There are always some bad eggs. I don't think if you made a silly comment on a board somewhere, you are liable to get repped into oblivion. So I am undecided on the whole issue. I'll let the older BS statesmen decide if it goes or not.

But then again, I do like to ride my ego trip like 99.9% of the BS population.

And its always cool to build an army of glowing nipples. :)

16. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

*sigh*

Yes they use this site, but No, they shouldnt have any imput into what goes on. Thats where the Premmies come in. :D

17. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Yeah I agree, we input into the site, so we should get to say what goes on, as it would affect us more.

I think we should have conversations like this in a special club lounge or something.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a preemie only section. It's right above this forum in the forum jump.

19. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so we can round them up and cage them huh? :p

dang preemies

20. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got nothing against it.

21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, I thought the over 12-word post has been one of the better thought-out ones in this thread so far, bringing up some good points to either remove the entire thing or change a few things here and there, totally excusing the abundance of words that hurt the eyes.

I'm more for removing it entirely, so I stole that quote. Seeing as it's being 'abused' ("What? Bhutan is not better than Montserrat!! Neg rep 4 U...hmm, right after I raise my well deserved rep up by typing one word in one of those 'ultra secret' threads") so much that there are even people who are complaining about the people that complain about the rep system :eek: ..... and that about something that serves no purpose at all on this board.

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Close Vote- 36 No, 35 yes

23. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree to a degree. Getting repped by someone with 10 green dots gives you an absurd amount of points. I'm not totally against weighting these things a bit, but not by so much as now. It's currently far too easy for people to get their friends up to max rep. With less points it might take even genuinely good posters 6 months or a year to build up max rep, but I think that be a good thing and stop it being such a novelty.

ps I was once given positive rep by persiantiger. I felt like looking for ways to renounce it.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just ditch the bitch.

The whole rep system and resetting of said system is stupid.

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

The whole idea of Rep is a classic. No message boards in England do it. I personally think it is class. But what do i know. I only live on a little Island. pfffffffft.

Ps. Come on lads.