SG Leaders and All Supporters please read!

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by RSLAKER, Apr 22, 2011.

1. RSLAKER

RSLAKER Member

Aug 31, 2006
    UTAH
    Hi, thanks for reading this post. It may be a little lengthy so I'll apologize right off.
    I've been a rabid fan since day one and a season ticket holder since '07, traveled on the bus to Seattle, went to Commerce City, L.A Twice and have just missed a couple of home games since the very beginning. I've haven't joined a supporters group because my wife who attends with me wants to sit a lot during the games but I admire the passion from the SG's and think you guys are great.
    Like the rest of you, I have seen the cool stuff the supporters from TFC and Seattle and most recently Timbers Army have done. I think our time has come to take the next step and have a simple song led by our SG's ring out over the Riot and bring the atmosphere to a whole new level and I want to be a part of it. I am willing to help organize it and donate to it.

Below is a flyer I am willing to provide for the supporters sections to help facilitate this.

-------------------------------------------
    RSL Supporters "Substitution Song"

*When to be sung: When RSL makes a substitution, drums stop beating, as the player starts leaving the field, stand and raise your scarf or hands, wait until the second the new player steps on the pitch then start the song.

*sing to the tune "When the saints come marching in"

Oh when Salt Lake comes marching in,
    Oh when Salt Lake comes marching in,
    Get off your BUTTS and stand and cheer!
    When Salt Lake comes marching in
    ***repeat once more even Louder.

Then back to the drums and cheering. Thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. I heard this in the Tottenham Arsenal game last week (less the SLC part)
    and it was cool, very simple and 95% of everyone in the stadium will know it. When we continue doing it at each RSL substitution everyone will get the cue and hopefully join in.

I think at the substitution time is ideal because there is usually a lull and we have time to get it together and prepare. Also, if you do it at an exact time on the clock sometimes there is action and no one is paying attention.

I hope this simple idea is appealing to you guys, imagine how, over time, the tradition and atmosphere it will bring in the stadium. This will take the cooperation of the supporters groups to get the word to the drummers and distribute the flyers but I think it's the next evolution in getting to the next level and eventually getting the whole stadium involved.

OK, what do you think? I'm ready to be flamed:eek:/U]

2. RSLAKER

RSLAKER Member

Aug 31, 2006
    UTAH
    We will need the support of ALL the groups leaders. is Luis still leading Barra Real?

3. SamsungUnited

SamsungUnited Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I think it's a great idea. I'll be doing it with ya, even if no one else is...

Oh when Salt Lake, comes marching in!!!!

4. RSLAKER

RSLAKER Member

Aug 31, 2006
    UTAH
    Thanks Samsung, knew I could count on you, hopefully the SG leaders will respond! There is some good momentum going right now with the team we need to capitalize on it.