Alert: SFU Tailgate Party @ Strikers Home Opener!

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Apr 3, 2011.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    http://southfloridaunited.com/2011/04/03/sfu-home-opener-tailgate-party/

Everybody is invited to the first South Florida United tailgate party of the year! We'll be getting started nice and early at 4:00 PM this Saturday! Join us for food, beers, fun and football!!

Should be the best local pro soccer atmosphere since the days of the Fusion! You do not want to miss this one folks!

Go Strikers!

2. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a cost? Or is it BYOB? I was planning on getting there early and setting up my own grill and cooler but if this is going to be a community thing I am definitely interested!

3. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Its free but you're welcomed to bring drinks, food, etc. including a grill and a cooler

4. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant! Would anyone have the directions to that particular parking lot? I will be coming in from the North, probably from 441.

5. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Head to Commercial Blvd and go east to NW 15th Avenue(aka Fusion/Strikers Blvd) and hang a left. You'll drive right up to the stadium(s) and the lot will be on the right, right in front of the baseball stadium:

[​IMG]

6. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yeah definitely bring your own grill, cooler, whatever. The more the better! Everybody is gonna be bringing some stuff it's gonna be a blast!

7. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mapquest couldn't have done any better! Thanks! I will see you there. Is it bad taste to fly a Newcastle United flag at a Strikers game?

8. Never Offside

Never Offside Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the stadium policy on bringing in instruments? Is there a specific place you have to sit in to play instruments or is it just where ever? Any info would be great. Looking forward to the season!

9. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you can sit anywhere with instruments, but we'd like to see you in section 113 with the hardcore supporters! We've got a bunch of drums, cowbells, and also a new trumpet that is coming in the mail this week.

10. Never Offside

Never Offside Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My season tickets are in 120. That is the Miami Ultra Section area I think. What is the difference, if any, between the groups? Is there issues or internal politics we should know about?

11. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No issues. The Strikers just asked us to move to section 113. Miami Ultras, CSE and Flight 19 will all be in section 113 making as much noise as humanly possible. Even if your ticket says 120 you can move to 113.

12. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    120 was the Miami Ultras/supporters section in the past. We were moved to section 113 behind the goal about a month ago.

The Ultras are now part of what we are calling "South Florida United", which includes 3 groups as of now, the Ultras, Flight 19(Fort Lauderdale group) and the City of Sunrise Elite. A bunch of our guys bought season tickets in 120, but when they moved us to the end zone they made a switch. If you want to move just call one of the sales reps with the team and I'm sure they'll swap out your tickets as well.

13. Never Offside

Never Offside Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks PB9000, appreciate it. Is 113 general admission, anyone can sit anywhere?

14. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it is GA. But the team is warning everybody that 113 in particular are for the supporters.

15. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As in "adult only"? Like the RBNY fan that sat behind us having to explain & define wanker to his 9 year old....:D

16. Robert Lanza

Robert Lanza Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the north, you might want to turn at Cypress Creek Rd rather than Commercial. That entrance is on the north side of the stadium where all the action is taking place.