[SF] Uruguay VS. Brasil (r)

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by Ombak, Jul 8, 2007.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    what about uruguay?

you guys wasted it!

sucks

suck it up

just hope it doesnt happen to us today

i doubt it

we will face brazil

a huevo!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

2. Uruguay16

Uruguay16 New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    OMBAK i should take the subway to that horrible place u live at and pop u in the mouth like Cebolla did to Fagner Love, dont take it to heart Im sure u'll be like bring it on, and its easy to talk shit over the computer, but for real, for ur safety dont ever say something like that in front of a Uruguayan cause u will get ur samba dancing ass wooped, u won and u still pissed that Uruguay had the Brazilians sweating like crazy, you have to admit Uruguay complicates Brazil everytime, other than France I think Uruguay always gives Brazil a hard time, and Brazil is Brazil, what I like about them is that they play but when they have to tough it out, they do it as well, so much respect to Brazil, I just think ur comments are valid in a way but a little irritating to me as a Uruguayan who knows what it is to win copa americas, copa libertadores, copas intercontinentales, so talk shit to some other team that never won anything and everytime u play them u have ur way, it aint like that with us, and u know it, and thats why ur so hurt and take offense, truth is, last night Uruguay had a chance to beat u, and for me that was enough, many teams dont even come close, just admit it.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Since I'm a mod here but the post was directed at me, I'll ignore the beginning of your nonsense except to say it is funny that you talk tough on the internet and at the same time say "it's easy to talk shit over the computer"
    Actually, a shitload of teams give us a hard time, that was the point - it's easier for other teams to get motivated to play us than vice-versa.
    Fair enough, but they were meant to be irritating. Point is, we're on top. You're not. I will always take that over having the occasional intense game against a rival as the high point in my country's soccer schedule.
    I know it was enough. That was obvious in the spirit of those players after the game, starting a fight over losing.

Many teams don't even come close, sure, but you exagerate a little there.

4. thedesertfox

thedesertfox New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    That penalty kick from Sebastian "El Loco" Abreu was top class.

5. fejas

fejas New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Sorry I've been away for a while from these forums. I wasn't really able to watch much football over the past few months, but decided to come back here to comment about last night's match. Not a great game, despite the promising play at the start, which unfortunately seems to have suffered greatly from the power outage. Brazil missed a few chances to put the game away and gave too much space to Uruguay, which in turn could have won the game itself if it had taken better advantage of the opportunities given out by the Brazilians. Personally I thing Uruguay deserved better in this game, and the last kick on the shootout was just a shame, after Doni almost hit the ball before Lugano did. Anyhow, two losses in shootouts to the same team in two consecutive Copa America semis. Tough luck for the charruas. Let's see if Brazil can win another continental title despite not being favoured to win it.

Cheers,

Carlos
    Brazilian Futebol - http://www.brazilianfutebol.blogspot.com

6. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL

Yeah, Uruguay probably did deserbe the better result in this match, but taking advantage of their opportunities better than other teams is what makes Brasil so frustrating and so good. I don't understand why any charruas would be satisfied with playing them close, we always play them well, who cares, only winning matters in the end. I'm sick about this game, we had the knife to their throat and we failed to cut it. The only solace was that there were some bright spots for the future.

As for people ragging on Forlan, I don't know why anyone would have him take a penalty, he is at his best playing full speed and going on instinct, it is when you give him time to think that he fails. His inconsistency is only because there are certain, very predictable situations when he will not perform. He will do certain things for you consistently well, but other things, not well at all.

Ah well, my only hope for this week now is that Cavani rescues it tonight.

7. Uruguay16

Uruguay16 New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Exagerating?, u tell me Chile had a chance in any of those games?

Anyway forget u, I really think u just hard headed, arrogant and really dont know anything.

8. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why pick one game? I'm talking about how, more often than not, teams play up to our level.

Uruguay gives us trouble. So does France as you said. So does Norway, the USA, Mexico, Paraguay... shall I go on?

In the end we usually win, but getting motivated and giving Brazil a hard time is not exclusive to one or two teams.

9. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    You forgot about Ecuador.

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Actually that was one of the first ones I thought of when he first posted. Awfully frustrating games nowadays.

11. Uruguay16

Uruguay16 New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    thanks for the received infraction, it was worth it, im still in the game though

U been here(US) too long, u r not prob. even brazilian, bro, it is not the same, ok lots of teams give u a hard time, but is really once in a blue moon, have u ever played soccer against a uruguayan team?? dont think so, Ive played many times against brazilian teams and i can asure u 100% they know they r gonna have to work really hard to beat us - U dont understand, I have many Brazilian friends and they all pretty much know this, where the helll r u from?????

Im not saying that Uruguay is better or that Brazil gets scared, Im just saying they know whats up when we are in the mix, thats something i shouldnt even have to explain to u, shame on u.

Voce tein que aprender mais sobre este tema, no te enojes garotito, no te pongas mal.

12. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Yes. Your boys raise their game against us but they obviouslydo not do it enough against other nations. Why is this (from your perspective)? France, Mexico and Norway also have become bogey teams for us.

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And this disagrees with me how? Everything you said here, I agree with. That's why you need to settle down and stop interpreting my post as a slight to Uruguay.
    This is perhaps the biggest difference - Brazil knows Uruguay will bring their A game against us, while other teams still surprise us when they raise their game. That makes the games better, but that's what you expect in a rivalry.

So? Again, you're not disagreeing with me, just taking it as an insult when I point out that everyone raises their game to play us. If you're satisfied with just that and nothing more, then ok, good for you. Maybe I don't understand (actually I do, I think it's a great rivalry and I know how thrilling beating a rival is). But in the end, it's only a part of the picture.

14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Maybe but look at the position of the ball - Lugano hit his 5 yards from iy and that's a penalty. He knew he was guilty as well.

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Dunha should have put him Os 22. He is a must for the eliminatorias. Teixeira can assure Dunga he is there to 2010 all he wants but I guarantee that two early defeats in the eliminatorias will see him depart (and that is why Dunga needs Ronaldo!).

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    The ideal scenario is for us to play well and demolish them - ala Confed Cup 2005.

17. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    brazil is a ************ team with no new stars rising.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is always the ideal scenario. :D

19. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Robinho, Pato, Anderson, Alex, Diego, Jô, Lucas, Denilson, Renato Augusto, Daniel Alves, Júlio César, Cássio, Bruno, Marcelo, Carlos Alberto... f* this. I'm getting tired.

Several names disagree with you.

20. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    A bitter hombre. Time will tell if you are right. Robinho's star has surely gone upwards - no? Who are yours? The number 7 has promise but he is not overweight, or is he just stocky?

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And still you couldn't beat us. Worry about your team ... we'll worry about ours.

22. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    luizao, david luiz, leandro lima, eduardo...

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ahhh faltaron Lucas y un poco mas atras viene Luna ( el que se comio a todos de gambeta y tiros en el sub17 reciente de ecuador)

24. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And then of course there's Jean Carlos Chera. :D

25. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    name whatever you want,the proofs are out there,horrible world cup,mediocre u-20 with 3 points on 9,mediocre libertgadores losing grmeio to boca by 5-0 the longest aggregate ever in the copa,inter the first champion to walk home in the group stage,about time and your time will dissapear like uruguay dissapeared after 1970
    the only difference is that we dont have the stupid arrogant marketing of the joga bonito thing,how pathetic showing onyl your triks in the games against chile,why didnt you show in the commercials the games against urughuay in brazil? 1950,1983,2000,2003 when you have the ass in our hands?