SF: July 11 Croatia vs England [R]

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Knockout Rounds' started by Philip J. Fry, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikr10

erikr10 New Member

Atlético Mineiro
    Suriname
    Jul 10, 2018
    I feel like they are pretty even if 100%... Maybe slight edge to England. Either way, I don't think England can beat France, do you?

2. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    No I don't think England can beat France, however if Croatia make the final, I believe they can.

People really discard Croatia like they are an average team, and that is serious nonsense. They have been quite unlucky in the past two games, especially against Russia. Croatia looks like a top team and I tip them to beat England and go to the final.

France vs Croatia final (50-50).

3. erikr10

erikr10 New Member

Atlético Mineiro
    Suriname
    Jul 10, 2018
    I'd like to see Croatia win but like I said, I think they have been worked this past week, not to mention some key injuries including Vrsaljko, Subasic others.

4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Vrsaljko is the only player in doubt currently. Subasic is fit and so is Lovren.

5. erikr10

erikr10 New Member

Atlético Mineiro
    Suriname
    Jul 10, 2018
    Good to know... I expect Croatia to come correct tomorrow. I just hope they can hang on.

6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Nigeria arent in the same class as england

7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Good fortune? Dont talk out of your ass

8. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Agree with first part but we have created plenty from open play but our finishing has let us down

9. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I have a feeling that whoever wins this game will win the World Cup. It reminds me of the time in Euro 2016, absolutely nobody expected Portugal to beat France, and yet it happened against all odds and after Ronaldo (arguably the heart of the team) went off injured.

I myself as an Italy fan hoped Portugal would win, but I did not expect it at all and could only hope.

France could very well collapse again in the final just like in Euro 2016. I must admit though the French need to work on their finishing. They should have put the game to bed today with their fast counters and failed to do so. Some of the chances I cannot believe failed to find the back of the net.

10. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    No but they have even more pace then England. Most people are saying England will win because they have to much pace. I guess will see.

11. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Vrsaljko practiced fully today expected to play tommorow.

12. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    France had a lot of pace that Belgium did not in defense, but their pace is not what troubled them. It was just a header off of a corner.

13. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Great!!! I hope he can play. I LOVE Vrsaljko, as he looks very promising.

14. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Ye they need him. underrated fullback who is excellent defensively and will contsantly bomb forward throughout the game.

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  15. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Yeah, are you sure he should play tomorrow though? I have been reading rumors that he is ruled out.

16. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    I'm not sure he will play. He practiced today which is a good sign. Probably if I had to guess they will give him needle for any pain and he will play.

17. logmarc

logmarc Member

None
    Belgium
    Jun 29, 2018
    Now that Belgium is out, I will root for Croatia during the semi. Nothing against England but I like their style more and I have a feeling that France v England would be a less interesting opposition of style.

I also fear that such a final might get "polluted" by nationalist bullshit due to the political situation and the perceived Frenemy :ninja: status of France & England.
    I feel France v Croatia could bear more goals & reversals (and be a "cleaner game").

PS : Of course, I think Belgium v Croatia :rolleyes: would have had the support of most viewers as it would have add a new nation to the winner list, but what is done, is done so lets keep the Cup home ( aka in the EU :ROFLMAO: ).

PPS : May the gods of football let the best team win while avoiding penalties Kick :) .

rlrcpa and Froboy69 repped this.
  18. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what to expect from this game. I would advise Croatia to keep the ball on the ground, control possession, and mark tight on set pieces. For England, they should attack with crosses and set pieces, as they have done. If this game goes beyond 90 minutes, I would expect England to win, due to fatigue. If Croatia grab the lead in the first half, I think they will win the game.

19. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Anyone sense a thrashing this game? I have a strong feeling that this game is not gonna be close. One team will smash the other.

20. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nope, I think that this match will be much like France vs Belgium. The styles of the two teams are different but the result will be much the same. 0-0, 0-1, 1-1 or 2-1. I doubt that it will have a lot of open chances and the mistakes will be few and far between.

England is the likely winner but it will be close.

The only way this becomes lopsided is if a team falls behind and draws a red card forcing them to attack and leave their defense a man short and vulnerable to the counter.

21. TheHitman47

TheHitman47 Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

I'm a Nigeria fan and England are a very tactical team. Also we played like we were afraid of you which was the reason we didn't attack as much. If we played with no fear there would have been more worries about pace for your lot.

I think England haters and Croatians think this is an easy game for them but they will be in for a wakeup call.

Also England are VERY good from set pieces. Probably the best team in the tournament in that aspect.

Another thing about pace for a team that is good on set pieces is that it make it more likely that a team can win fouls in dangerous areas. Also pacy teams that get in the box can win more penalties too.

allthethings and roverman repped this.
  22. TheHitman47

TheHitman47 Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

I think there will be more racist nationalist themes in the Croatia vs France final as one team has a very multicultural team vs a team that has only white players.

23. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    My view is that the chances are 60:40 for England. England has the edge on set-pieces and likely the fresher legs albeit this might come only into play deep in the second half or especially in extra time. At this point in the semi-finals it's hard to separate the teams. Set-pieces can be the deciding factor like it was in France - Belguim. Croatia should come out attacking from the start. If they can score early on fatigue won't play a big role. Croatia will need two goals in 90 minutes in order to advance. There is no way England doesn't score. If it goes to extra time England should have too much. So Croatia needs to play their hearts out in the 90 minutes.

24. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    It's raining in Moscow.

Lovely stuff.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil