[SF] ARGENTINA vs. MEXICO (r)

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by HINCHADERIVER91, Jul 8, 2007.

1. beholder

beholder New Member

Feb 5, 2007
  2. HINCHADERIVER91

HINCHADERIVER91 New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Re: ARGENTINA x MEXICO [[The New Classic]]?

where can i get all the statistics between arg n mex????

3. HINCHADERIVER91

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    is shows that argentina is a great team no matter what..basile's expierience was brilliant...roomaaan is un maestro...messiii is a whole other animal.

4. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, we sure did see 3 goals.

BUT IN THE WRONG NET!

Pinche Mexico.

I don't blame Hugo.

Well, I blame him for Omar Bravo.

But not Torrado.

Dude is a destroyer and to be playing with a yellow against the diving midfield from hell (also very talented with the ball, I won't dispute that), forget it. That's dangerous.

Now Oswaldo Sanchez...

I hope he dies a quick death soon.

Personally, my saving grace tonight was Israel Castro.

Everyone else sucked.

Nery didn't pass.

Arce had all the time in the world against Argentina's leftbacks, and he was passing the ball like he had cramps.

Anyone notice how different Argentina looks when pressed vs Argentina when given space?

I thought I was going to have a heart attack each time our 2 lines of 4 let them dribble straight at us.

Argentina let Mexico play in the midfield a whole lot.

And our ineptitude in finalizing built-up plays crushed us.

Deportivo better hope Guardado starts playing again, because he didn't do shit today.

Great way of passing the ball predictably across the outside of the area, hesitating on crossing and just having fear of shooting at Abondanalgas.

Mexico probably thought Argentina's goal had SARS or something.

We avoided shooting at you guys like the plague.

5. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico played pretty well and had good chances but they just couldn't finish. If Mexico had scored first then it would have been a completely different game.

I don't speak Spanish but I saw the game on Univision and I really liked seeing the gathering of the Mexican fans in Pomona,CA and the Argentina fans in Miami. It's really great that you guys have a tremendous passion for the world's most popular sport!!

6. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Re: [SF] Argentina vs Mexico (r)

Brazil might be the "king" but they are not a better team right now. Brazil is in transition while Argentina is transformed.

7. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago

You're joking, right?

8. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

Nobody takes away mexico should be proud about how they played.
    But about deserving,in my view,this game could've had 2 more goals into mexico's net,because the difference between this two teams WAS THAT MUCH !!!
    An applause for the effort,but the real turn down was that argentina was intelligent enough to know when the game was over,and started freezing up the game,and preserved players for the next game.
    Otherwise,the game would have scalated to 4 or 5 goals,y sin despeinarse.
    I think mexico cannot play better than how they have played,and is not enough to reach your goals,will never win tourneys and the fans should know that.
    You guys have to start understanding the real potential mexico has,and where is standing,not how the press present them to you.
    If you guys keep doing what you always do,can't expect any different from what you've been getting.
    The outcome will always be the same : to go home empty handed.
    Take the example : argentina has always changed and evolved ,sometimes with better results than others,but there is a constant search for the "new spark" that will be part of our identity,while preserving it.
    Is part of the loyalty all argentinos have to the game,from fans to coaches and players.

9. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

As I stated in an earlier post somewhere that in order for Mexico to have a chance they would have to make us pay for early mistakes. They didnt, they couldnt finish and it set the tone for the match. As has been our form this Copa, at imo, was we play the first half to dictate a pace and probe and not wear ourselves out. Second half like in every match has been pure dominance.

Ossie Sanchez really surprised me at how much he dropped as a player. I had thought highly of him but blew off the posts in other threads that belittled him. You mexican fans are right, he's lost the plot.

For the record, the penalty called for Tevez was legit, watch the replay and it's obvious he was impeding going to gol if not out right body checked. On the other hand the yellow on Messi in my eyes was also legit. Had Messi not went down which he could've avoided, he would have gotten his shot off. Oh well youth can be a bitch. As much as Mexico has improved since the Gold Cup, Argentina just got that much more better over the same period of time.

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Really dude? You're actually going to use the FIFA rankings as if they had credibility. Keep using them around Big Soccer and see how much shtick you get. Those things are about as legit as swinger ads on Craigslist:eek:

11. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

oh my god, FIFA rankings, have Italy and France even played lately, who would even follow FIFA rankings, those rankings are so dumb, when the Euros start I can understand italy and France being on top but right now, hellno

12. smd9

smd9 Guest

Don't say that.

So,

what

did

you

think

of

Mascherano?:D

13. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    http://vamosalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2007/07/bring-on-brasil.html

Argentina completely dominated Mexico.

It wasn't even funny. Once again they showed who was better. What a goal by Messi. that shot was unstoppable. Great game by Tevez and what a pk by Riquelme, not to mention his incredible chip pass to set up Heinze

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!

14. markitoz

markitoz New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Mexico = Equipo
    Argentina = Individualidades.

Mexico jugo mejor como equipo, pero un error, una individualidad y un penal regalado pesan mucho.

15. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007
    No,markitoz
    El dia que entiendas que el unico equipo en la cancha fue argentina,es cuando veraz que argentina los dejo jugar lo que jugaron.
    Y no es que han hecho mucho con lo que han jugado,no?
    Le sobro tanto a argentina,que tacticamente les convenia que mexico tuviera la pelota,pero no supieron que hacer con ella.
    En el segundo tiempo argentina cerro el partido y el equipo que tu dices jugo mejor,fue solo un juguete por los ultimos 30 minutos.
    Vamos a decir que mexico no la vio venir,y se la dieron por la cabeza.
    Te recomiendo que veas de nuevo el partido con brasil,ahi te vas a dar cuenta cuales son los problemas que tienen.
    Porque se ve que con el de argentina nada has aprendido.
    En futbol,las excusas no sirven,si no hubiera habido un penal,o un error o una genialidad mexico ganaria la copa del mundo tambien. (o la copa de oro)

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    jajajajaja

Mexico jugo como el orto en el segundo tiempo.
    Che, Castillo toco la pelota alguna vez??

17. smd9

smd9 Guest

Viste el partido anoche? es mas viste algun partido de Argentina en esta copa?

Argentina=Individualidad, si no hay duda Argentina tiene buenos jugadores.

Pero mas que nada Argentina tiene un gran equipo, y lo esta demostrando en la cancha.

No le quiero quitarle merito a los Mexicanos, porque tambien tienen buenos jugadores, y buen equipo.

Pero Argentina es mucho mas.

18. Mr. Beelzebub

Mr. Beelzebub Member

Jun 12, 2007
    West New York
    El decir que Argentina es individualidades y no un equipo es la estupidez mas grande que he leido hace mucho tiempo.

Thanks for the laughs.

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina = Equipo + individualidades.

20. SCIX

SCIX New Member

Jun 28, 2007

Ok see this type of comments make you lose some credibility. You Can't say mexico has reached it's potential, nor can you say they will never win a tourney.

Mexico does have some young talent waiting in the wings...Gio, Vela, ochoa and the already known Guardado and Nery. That is Mexicos future.it's more than This Mexico Team right now.

21. HINCHADERIVER91

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Argentina = equipo + individuales = EQUIPAZO!

22. HINCHADERIVER91

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES

on that show on codigo F on TyC sports the guy sad that nery by far the MVP of mexico but saying nery is the best is nonsense...he analyzed all the goals hes scored n goes to show...against the better team..hes just another player/

23. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

But then,you are talking about mexico's future,and I'm talking about NOW,this team,not talking about any unpredictable future,where anything can happen.
    If mexico develops into a better team with the under 20's of today 2 years from now,good for mexico.
    Now,mexico's goal was this copa america,and copa oro prior to that,and this is what I refferred as "not reaching the goals".
    But you can't deny that if you guys keep doing the same thing as done so far,meaning never get the results,then will never win a thing.
    Only if you change,as you proposed,with the inclusion of the new blood,and probably a new coach that only wants mexico's success over his personal,I'd say you have chances,you have shown you can play,is just wasn't good enough yet to get where you want to get.

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sounds like someone needs an intervention. Put down the crack pipe!

25. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn, how embarrasing. Thanks for showing up Mexico. Just when we though we were reaching a new level the team takes two steps back. Those freakin' midfielders didn't do anything, the forwards were forced to get the ball themselves because no good passes went their way. Gotta give Argentina all the credit though, they got a bad a** team, obviously.

3-0, incredible.