SF # 2 Colombia vs Chile June 22nd [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who cares about what Chile did against Bolivia ages ago? They are now awaken, replicating their best form under Sampaoli, and are the current defending champions. Colombia on the other hand comes from a very sour performance against Peru.

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #52 pepinointer, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    ages ago. was just a week. and then chile improved. So Colombia cant never improved again in this cup??? that only happens to chile???

you are just staying with the last round.........remember what was the destiny with the last team of this cup that score 7 goals.......was eliminated in the other match, by a team that only scored one to haiti..and draw with ecuador.

football isnt an ecuation.

This chilean and colombian generation have played very closest games in recent years. Maybe chile is the favorite, but you are talking like colombia is lost, because didnt win peru......when they have shown similar perfromances at least when they play each other. pekerman vs chile (1 victory, 2 draws)

kromekote, Christina99 and sidspaceman repped this.
  3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's more accurate to say Pekerman vs Chile: 1 win, 1 draw, 1 regalo

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #55 pepinointer, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    ????

Ok

So if you decide the facts , i understand that you don't want to argue . . Only chile can't underperformed against Bolivia ( and yes the match was ages ago :thumbsup:) and colombia has no chance . Ok

sidspaceman repped this.
  6. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I thought that with Vidal we had this game wrapped up, without him I think it could go either way. Chile did improve vs Mexico, but we don´t know if it is a trend or not.

7. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    That's a bit bold considering you couldn't beat Colombia in the last 3 matches...

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You got a serious hard-on for Colombia, bro.

9. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I've always liked Colombia, back in the world cup I wanted all the South Americans to do well(except Chile, but its obvious why) the team I was following the most though was Colombia. They're a very likeable team. James Rodriguez is one of my favourite players.

kromekote repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    U too :cool:

11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    And to clarify, I never once said Chile can't win. I'm genuinely expecting a match that can go either way. Saying that you have the match wrapped up with Vidal is bold though given that Colombia are right at your level in my opinion.

12. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not bold, as I actually saw those matches and not just the result. Colombia is a great team, no doubt about it.

13. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not really obvious :/ I always like Peru to win, and know a lot of friends too who think the same way (I honestly think the majority)

14. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I missed the 3 matches so I'll give you the edge this time.

I still think Colombia are right at your level though. I said this earlier today, we never got to found out who was the better of the 2 sides in their prime. Colombia reached the 2014 World Cup quarter finals but Chile had to take on the home nation and won the Copa America so it kind of pans out.

I'm looking forward to this though!

I have no issue with Chile as a country. Its a gorgeous country but I don't just hate the national team because we're rivals. There is other reasons.

15. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fair enough, however, I don´t really think Colombia reaching the quarters is in the same level as what Chile has done. Nonetheless, I could perfectly understand why Colombia could be seen as in the same level or even more favorites than Chile.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So you believe that whole "Clásico del Pacífico" myth?

17. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Colombia had an off year in 2015, so there's no telling what could have happened if they played to their max potential. Its clear Chile has achieved more though, and they shut a lot of people up last match against Mexico. I've seen Peruvians say that "chile doesn't know how to win honorably" and similar things like that after the Bolivia match. Personally I thought despite Chile benefiting from the referee's a bit that they still played the best football in last years Copa and were deserved winners, so I'm not one of those. It was annoying to see Vidal get off the hook several times such as the car crash and the flick on Zambrano in our match but those are things we just have to move on from. Chile had their best team throughout the tournament and it was the others job to take them down. They failed. We scored a hand ball this year to progress from the groups, I can't complain. We haven't beat Brazil in 41 years so I'll still celebrate.

My point is though, Chile's proven all the haters wrong with their 7-0 win. Its clear that they're starting to click with Pizzi, I thought they were hopeless without Sampaoli, but Sanchez and Vidal are among top 5 in the world in their position so I was 100% wrong and not thinking when I said these things. Was a morale collapse in the Chilean team I think.

The fact that your superiority makes our match not a "clasico", shows your arrogance. That's like saying Argentina vs Brazil is not a superclasico because Argentina is miles above Brazil these days. Ridiculous statement.

18. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Also, I think Borghi was still in charge when Chile lost 3-1 in Santiago, so I could be wrong. Sampaoli only played one match against Argentina and won it am I correct? (on penalties of course)

19. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You may have misunderstood metro. When I say that to me it´s not really a "clasico" I mean that I would rather get the 3 points from Argentina, Uruguay and Colombia than Peru. Now thats not saying anything about levels. Peru is a great team and has complicated us even in our best times. I don´t see Argentina preferring the 3 points vs anybody else other than Brazil.

And yes, the loss was with Borghi. I think Sampa has never technically beaten Argentina, we tied them in the final. Under Bielsa we beat them.

20. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I would rather get 3 points against Argentina and Brazil too but I still think its a rivalry.

This Chile side has come a long way. I've seen people say that Bam Bam Zamorano and Salas' team was better but this team has achieved a lot more than what they have. In terms of quality, this Colombia side rivals the 1994 team but this team has one thing that that team didn't have and that's a strong mentality when it comes to knockout cups.

21. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    As far as I understand, yellows have been cleared for the semifinals, meaning no player can miss the final for that reason. Gaitan picked his second yellow vs Venezuela and is suspended for USA, though.

22. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    De hecho, solo se demoró 46 minutos (inicio del segundo tiempo), pues lo que más le costó a Chile, fue marcar el segundo gol.

23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #73 Rickdog, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Brazil vs. Argentina :
    43 wins for Brazil; 25 Draws ; 38 wins for Argentina

http://www.11v11.com/teams/brazil/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Argentina/
    Peru vs. Chile
    21 wins for Peru; 14 draws; 44 wins for Chile

http://www.11v11.com/teams/peru/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Chile/
    According to this stats, Brazil has more wins than Argentina, although they are very close one to the other (5 matches)
    In the case of Peru vs. Chile; Chile is the one who is "miles above" Peru (it more than doubles Peru).

Arrogant maybe, but @MetroChile is still only saying the truth.

For Chile, our current "clásico" in Conmebol, is vs. Paraguay (not Perú) :
    25 wins for Paraguay; 9 Draws; 27 wins for Chile (that's only 2 matches of diference)

http://www.11v11.com/teams/chile/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Paraguay/

MetroChile repped this.
  24. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    This edition could end with Chile and Argentine finals.:)

25. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hey man, cut the crap comparing this team to Sampaoli.

Sampaoli, (the same as Borghi, before him, btw) never in his mind would've called or even attempted to use players such as Puch or Roco, in the team. These ones are completely on Pizzi's call to do so (also hearing what many of our fans wanted).
    In the case of Enzo Roco, Sampaoli called him a couple of times but never gave him a real opportunity, as he rarely ever changed any player from his starting line up. On the other hand, Edson Puch, didn't have his starting debut here, as he was also used before when Bielsa was on charge of the team, and as he was replaced being our coach, Puch never saw himself ever called again to our NT. Pizzi decided on himself, to do that. So, his sole presence in the team that kicked the crap out of Mexico, where he made the first and last goals there, is only prove that Pizzi has his own mind in how this team should play, an issue he is working on since he asumed.
    The only thing that allows everyone to remind Sampaoli, is that many of the players were the same as back then, when he was on charge of the team, but the truth is that many of them have been around from even before Sampaoli ever asumed the job as coach of the team.

I am not going to say here, that we owe nothing to Sampaoli, because it wouldn't be true. He did lots for the team, but the core of players of our team already existed before him, and well, they are available for Pizzi, now.