SF # 2 Colombia vs Chile June 22nd [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jun 19, 2016.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #26 pepinointer, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Y te olvidas que Chile tuvo 97 minutos para convertirle gol a Bolivia

Colombia contra Perú jugó pesimo . Pero contra Paraguay y Estados Unidos crearon muchas opciones de gol.

El hecho de que destacara más Ospina , fue por un planteamiento errático de pekerman . Qué sé si se repite , vamos a jugar igual de mal

Pipiolo, revisa el historial reciente de Chile-Colombia ...y no se ha presentado todavía tan radical diferencia a favor de Chile ...en las 2 recientes eliminatorias ( una victoria para colombian en Santiago y dos empates)

Mi favorito es Chile pero decir que Colombia sea tan interior por el último partido no es un argumento convincente

Perú solo le metió 1 gol a haiti , Brasil 7, quien fue el término pasando de ronda en el partido directo ?

kromekote and jay luis repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Was out of sync vs peru...

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im more scared about you ...i think that Colombia is The one that is returning home

elviejomen repped this.
  4. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is going to be a very close game, between two great teams , I dont think is going to be a clear dominator. Since Chile is the copa america defending champion, they are the favorites in my book.

pepinointer repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Pekerman has a few tricks up his sleeve and will out-manage Pizzi.
    If it comes down to tactics and knowing the pulse of his team Colombia is the favorite in my book.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't forget that somebody has to play in the 3rd place game first.

Guinho and kromekote repped this.
  7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman have a few tricks up his sleeve?
    When Pekerman experiments, it goes bad... he started experimenting with two DM and we all know how that went...
    He experimented last world cup with Guarin vs Brazil (God knows why)...

Usually when we are good is when Pekerman stick to the same core of players and strenght that chemistry

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    When he experimented against Bolivia in Bolivia it was a success. When he experimented with Cardona, James and Cuadrado with Bacca up top the following match against Ecuador that also was a success.

I believe he is the better tactician and knows his team better. That is something nobody can really argue.

And I also believe that without Vidal Chile's manager Pizzi is going to have to tinker and it may cost them.

We can agree to disagree on who the favorite is. It is subjective.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Andrés roa+10

HomietheClown repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman a veces la caga , a veces sus "tricks" nos joden

11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Experimented with Cardona Cuadrado and James?
    Thats a long process since last copa america... o_O

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In Barranquilla Colombia was playing with two strikers up top for most of his tenure. He experimented against Ecudaor by going to more of a 5 man midfield with only Bacca up top. That is what I observed.

13. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao got injured and we started to play with one up front, the situation pushed him to experiment, rather than him taking the inciative. If Falcao were good we probably be playing with 2 strikers today.

He had Jackson and Bacca in form the whole qualifiers last time, he never used them, he is more of having one formation and keep it consistent (which is something that I like)
    He is not a guy that will change a game with one sub or something like that, im not saying is good or bad is just his style

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If Falcao were healthy? that is a big IF.

I don't recall him starting Cardona, James and Cuadrado in the same game. I expected him to maybe have Muriel play Teo's role or even Ibarbo (*but his form was bad due to injury).

I think his experimental lineup was a success either way.

15. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Since... last year? What you say makes no sense whatsoever.

Chile can win this game without Vidal, but there are precautions that need to be taken that weren't necessary in the last game. The games versus Panama and Mexico showed that our offense has started to click again after a dry spell and that on that front the team can work just fine, but adjustments need to happen in the middle since Hernandez seems to be the most likely replacement for Vidal and the chemistry in the middle obviously won't be the same.

I trust that between Diaz and Aranguiz and whatever Hernandez can do we can shut James down, which is something we have struggled to do in the past. I would keep Beausejour-Sanchez and Puch-Fuenzalida tandems intact (I wouldn't bring Isla back) because those relationships seem to work very well and physically I would match Colombia and Mexico on a similar level.

I'm hopeful since the players seemed very aware of the fact that the 7-0 result is unusual and are taking the Colombia game very seriously.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. Zasal2000

Zasal2000 Member

Dec 16, 2014
    When both these teams are playing well they are relatively well matched, and have had some very enjoyable games in the recent past. The difference lies that at full strength, as with most rivals, the Chilean midfield can often take over.

What favors Chile in this match is the fact that Colombia has not been at their best following the USA game, and has been largely contained by well organized defenses in their past two games. The Chilean team is 10x better organized than Peru and Costa Rica. Also, Chile has already played the other best team in the tournament in Argentina. Colombia has not yet faced the type of elite opponent that Chile can be. Vargas and Alexis are on absolute fire, Puch has reinvigorated the right flank.

If you look at the goals Chile has conceded thus far in the tournament, you'll see that they have almost all been gifts. The first Argentina goal was a horrendous mistake by Aranguiz that led to a 3 on 2 for Messi....the Bolivia goal was a spectacular free kick from 35meters out (on a flimsy foul call). Both Panama goals were 100% mistakes by the goal keeper. The only good goal from play that they have allowed was Argentina's second.

OF course, Chile is capable of repeating these mistakes and Colombia more than capable of capitalizing.

But, IMO, if Chile doesn't make any of the gross errors that have characterized the first few games of this tournament, then they will roll over Colombia.

What favours Colombia, obviously, is Vidal's absence. He's one of the best in the world at his position and is a major loss. If Colombia can turn that into an advantage in the possession game, then they can and will win the game.

And the trump card here is that both teams have a player or two that can go nuts, do something amazing, and win the game out of nowhere...

posteador and Pipiolo repped this.
  17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Messi didn't play against Chile.

pepinointer repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El partido contra costa rica se debe analizar en el entendido que hubo 10 cambios de 11 de la alineación que jugo los dos primeros partidos.

kromekote and sidspaceman repped this.
  19. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not really sure what your point is. Argentina is Argentina. With or without Messi it is still miles better than any opponent Colombia has faced up to now.

Chile can counter Messi to an extent... Di Maria is the one that always hurts us. Coincidentally, he's the one that has missed the last two finals that Argentina has lost.

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My point is that how could oh Messi have scored on Chile if he didn't play.

21. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Oh I see what you are referring to. My bad.

pepinointer and sidspaceman repped this.
  22. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully, he wont miss this one ;)

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #48 HomietheClown, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    I mentioned this in the Colombian forum and will mention it here. So far the weather forecast calls for thunderstorms and 100% rain.

I don't know how that is going to affect the game itself but it will have an impact somehow.

And it is a factor in this Semi that the other one in Houston does not have to worry about since it is in a Dome. :D

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Which argentine players have yellows?
    Like Caturro said, i fear Di Maria more than Messi in the national team.