Sevilla FC Continuous Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Qdog, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Sevilla's season starts tomorrow against Getafe. We should have the best Andaluz team. Betis has no money, Malaga is in termoil and Granada escaped last year's relegation on the last day of the season.

The www.sevilla.es web site provides some news in English. When entering the site click on "Entrar." The site also has the Sevilla TV station.

2. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I watched part of the game. It was exciting back and forth attack with good crisp passing ... the way football is meant to be played.

Qdog repped this.
  4. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looking into following Sevilla more this season. I was first introduced to the club through Arsenal's signing of Jose Antonio Reyes. After that, I watched their heroics in the UEFA Cup, and some impressions in the CL with Juande Ramos. Of course, I watched them in La Liga many a times, back in the days of Alves, Fabiano and the crazy long-haired captain!

I've always loved the stadium, and closeless between the fans and pitch.
    Also, Sevilla is the first place I want to visit when I come to Spain. What a beautiful city.

Anyhoo, just a headsup...the website is sevillafc.es:)

Qdog repped this.
  6. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops. :eek::p Thanks for the correction. It looks like this is going to be a good year.

7. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    red & wite army repped this.
  8. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Sevilla FC
    (26') Piotr Trochowski
    (48') Álvaro Negredo

Barcelona
    (53') Cesc Fábregas
    (89') Cesc Fábregas
    (90 + 3') David Villa

Disappointing loss. Busquets got a yellow for a foot stomp when he should have received a red; Medel got a red when Fabregas play-acted like he had received a head butt (stupid for Medel to put himself in that position, though); and Thiago handled the ball seconds before Cesc scored the second goal which led to Michel being thrown out.

I don't know what Barca's pass completion % was in the first half but it seemed like Sevilla intercepted a ton of passes. Sevilla was close to a home sweep of Madrid and Barca, but the fates were not with them. [​IMG]

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Although the season is only 7 weeks old, at this point Malaga is in 3rd, Er Glorioso is in 4th and your Sevilla in 7th ahead of Granada by 3 points.

Ese Beti Oe!!

Robdog repped this.
  10. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your analysis reminds me a little about the old joke about Kennedy and Khrushchev in a foot race. After Kennedy soundly defeated the older Khrushchev Pravda wrote: "The American struggled to a next to last finish while our beloved Nikita competed valiantly to finish in a close second place.

Malaga 14 points
    Ugly Green 12 points
    Sevilla 11 points
    Granada 8 points

I'll take that knowing that Malaga and Ugly Green still have 12 points to lose to Real Madrid and Farcelona; and that Malaga only has three more points to gain from Ugly Green.

11. oragedem

oragedem New Member

Oct 31, 2012
  12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Hey Q why is Los VerdiBlancos ahead of your side in the table ;) In a couple of weeks you will feel the hurt!!!

13. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By Dec. 10 you'll be crawling back into your hole, Rob...

14. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    We shall see after this weekend buddy :p

15. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops.... :p

16. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    This is how I feel now
    [​IMG]

Qdog repped this.
  17. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Ha Ha Ha...scumbag sevilla in turmoil now as Betis is the Best in the Region :D

18. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just setting you up for the big fall, Rob. Get your parachute ready, Betis is half way to going down. ;)

19. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Just a quick update at the half way point:

Er Glorioso 4th place with 34 points
    Malage 5th place with 31 points
    Sevilla 12th place with 22 points and a new coach
    Granada 17th place with 17 points.

Ese Beti Oe!

20. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Sevilla,

We would've gladly lent you Marcelo Boeck (instead of you loaning Beto, who is crap btw), in exchange for the loan of Baba (who I understand you wanted rid of, and is good enough to be our 2nd striker).

Next transfer window, come to our forum and let's make a deal. I have the authority to bargain for my club, since our President is an idiot and will likely get ousted on February 9th in a vote of non-confidence.

21. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Qdog there is now where to hide now. Your side will be facing reality in La Liga in their next match. 2nd Best in Seville ;)

22. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty quite forum. Are there other English language forums around for Sevilla? Anyhow, another forgettable season so far. Are we going to hold on to our top players the way things are going right now in Spain? Would love to hear and chat with other Sevilla fans. Love the city, love the club, and the stadium. I know that several Arsenal fans over here also follow this club.

23. Eskimo Joe

Eskimo Joe Member

May 24, 2010
    The Sánchez Pizjuán is perhaps the best thing about Sevilla.

24. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Sevilla FC 4 - 1 Slask Wroclaw

Marin looks like he is made to thrive in Emery's system - drives right at defenders going at full speed. Both he and Rakitic had great games. And Beto made 3 great saves when it was still 0-1 and the game could have gotten out of hand.

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well Qdog, you can always root for the Chiefs. Looks like the 2nd best team in Sevilla is going to be in a relegation battle all season ;)

Pichi repped this.