Serie A Season 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Rob_420, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    We really we could have used some of those goals against Udinese, Parma, Torino and Fenerbahche in recent weeks.

Great performance by Klose! He's had these games before for both club and country not sure if he's ever hit 5, remember him scoring a bunch vs Saudi Arabia once. Hernanes and Candreva were excellent as well.

Candreva > Diamanti, even think Candreva is better at striking a dead ball than Diamanti and he should be selected over him for the azzurri. Candreva really has been excellent this season, it has become habitual that he beats his defender and sends in teasing crosses. Might be the best winger in Serie A.

2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Finally a game where the team show their quality. Good to see the team enjoying themselves for a change. Klose said he scored five for Kaiserslautern. I remember the game against Saudi Arabia. Even Bierhoff scored from a long way out. The Saudi coach was flicking through the notes looking for Plan C and then Plan D.

Let us see if we can continue like this against Internazionale.

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kudos to marchetti and petkovic for making the right subs

4. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Most of the Internazionale shots were from long range ironic that Onazi scored his first goal in Serie A from range. I think Cassano was a big loss. Luckily for us, Handanovic had a poor game. He should have done a lot better for the first goal. Candreva then had a one one one but shot wide. That was a great opportunity. I thought Alvarez missing the penalty was the turning point. It was really really bad. For Internazionale I think the end of the season can not come soon enough. Today's results confirm there is only pride ot play for now. This was an important victory and keeps us in the race for Europa League place.

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honestly, im not surprised.

Seeing Lazio murder Genoa and how Inter is suffering with form and key players, I didn't expect less. The white jerseys worried me as that was our first game we won with them.

Excellent play all around. I hope to keep this up for the derby. No way we can lose if we keep this up. No way, no how. Were finally getting back on track.

6. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Another impressive victory! Sure Inter are in crisis but a win at the San Siro has been rare for us. Onazi scores a wonder strike for his first in Serie A. He's going to be a valuable player for us in the future. Floccari has done very well the past few weeks as well.

We can snatch Euro spot form Udinese who have been playing really well lately but I see the Coppa as our best chance. We're better than Roma and I expect us to beat them.

7. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another relatively comfortable win for us asain using the 442. We will probably stick with now since Mauri is still out. The team has hit form and got out of the rough patch just in the nick of time. Unfortunately Di Natale is still pulling Udinese along which is so annoying. This could be the third time they pip us. We just got to hope that Internazionale do us a favour and just take points off Udinese and we beat Cagliari. We have to win otherwise we have to beat Roma in the Coppa Italia Final.

8. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is Libor Kozak good? He's being rumored to come to Sporting...

9. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is he? Never read anything of the sort...

Well he did well in the Europa League where scored 10 goals in 11 appearences. He just has not had any room in Serie A.

10. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=400367
    Also, today it was our Gelson Fernandes who was noticed to leave to Lazio. I really hope you guys don't make that mistake, he's an awful player!

11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is that a reliable source or is it newspaper gossip? I am sorry I can not real Portuguese.

Well we bought Pereirinha form Sporting and he has not been too bad. I hope we do not buy Fernandes. He was bad for Udinese. I really do hope there is no truth to this.

12. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    A Bola is the 2nd most sold newspaper in Portugal, but they say that the sources are form the italian press and don't specify which one (for Kozak). As for Gelson, apparently the source is Gazzetta dello Sport.

13. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gazzetta Dello Sport is an Milanese paper so hopefully they are off. They got many things wrong before. As for Kozak I checked the papers and I can not find it. I would not mind Kozak leaving on loan. I think he needs more play time and he is not getting it at Lazio. As for Fernandes, no thanks. We already have a lot of centrel midfielders.

14. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We lost against Cagliari, a game at no point did we look like getting anything other then a draw. Extreme lack of creativity without Hernanes and the team looks extremely tired. Cagliari were the better team and I can take no positives from the game.

We have to play the Final and win to reach the Europe. Certainly the players have to raise their performances dramatically to win. Everything in the season comes down to this match. We have to win otherwise this season I think there is not a good one.

15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Kozak could use some time in the Portuguese Super Liga to get his shooting touch. He has the physique to succeed in Serie A, but he just isn't crafty enough. He should have paid real close attention to Klose to see how a predator strikes and gets into space.

16. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Yup it all comes down to the derby for the Coppa and a place in Europe. Cagliari are a good team and one that have always held Sardegna as a fortress. We were expected to win since they had nothing to play for but they've quietly been one fo the best teams over the past 2 months.

Still think we win the derby, we've dominated Roma this season and if it wasn't for Hernanes' penalty miss we'd have swept them. The boys are struggling as of late and Roma just toppled Napoli but we match up well with them.

17. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The game was played in Trieste. The IS Arena is banned from hosting football matches.

It is a Cup Final so I do not think history counts. Anything could happen. I just hope that our players keep their heads and keep calm. I do not want to see them get sent off for stupidity. Players get sent off very often in the Derby so discipline is imperitive.

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow, how did this thread go unsubscribed on me.

What a game this is going to be. The aristocrats vs the peasants of Rome.

Like Petkovic says, this is worth triple and he and the players know how important this means to themselves as a coach and a team. Lazio have higher standards and this would be a true shame if this wonderful team ended up with nothing. Lazio deserve it, we fought hard in all 3 competitions, carried the Italian flag respectively in Europa, knocked out Rubentus and others on the way to the final and even had first place contention at the beginning of 2013. We must win. A derby Finale win will certainly clean the dirty mess we had made and put on a big smile on all of Laziale's faces as we deserve.

From Toronto Canada with the same Passion. Non Mollare Mai !

NickyViola repped this.
  19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    congrats lazio, feisty first half but lazio were offensively better and in the end the better team won

20. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Congratulations, you deserved it. You have no idea how hard this was to say.

whill4, Samora, Big Tom and 1 other person repped this.
  21. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Appreciate all congrats towards the Laziale community. This was a sweet sweet victory. For showing some class I will not rip on asr until provoked. I just want to say to Riomers that the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence and to give it a thought about why you should continue to support the 2nd team of Rome, the foreign mercenary owned club.

Anyways.. Excuse me while I flood it here with Laziale ceremonies.

DAJE LAZIO !!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rob_420 repped this.
  22. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

FVCK YEAH SSLAZIO !!!

Rob_420 repped this.
  23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the eagle on top of the trophy looked effing sick second favorite pic after totti's facepalm:D:p

Rob_420 repped this.
  24. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Fantastic stuff Squadra!

Fully deserved not just on the night but for the entire season. Felt we were good enough to be a top 5 all season and while it didn't happent the players were able to earn trophy for the cabinet.

Really proud of this team and they'll own city bragging rights forver with this victory.

25. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cant Get Enough

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]