Sergio Aguero at Atletico Madrid / Man City(r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by vipnerd, Apr 28, 2006.

1. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: News: Chelsea habría ofrecido 50 millones de euros por Agüero

I think Tevez would be more suited to work w/ Messi , Inesta , and Xavi , than Aguero

2. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Sergio Aguero at Atletico Madrid!!!

I swear if Teso starts the same arguement(s) in here like in the Tevez thread, in here, I'm putting him on ignore.

Manchester United Ready To Pay €60 Million For Sergio Aguero - Reports

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2...ted-ready-to-pay-60-million-for-sergio-aguero

Once again the Goal.com article writers don't know what they are talking about. Wasn't in form, yet he was part of the second best attacking duo and brought rallied for a CL spot. It was Atletico's coach and defence that weren't in form for most of the season, just like last season.

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com get your shit right, ya dumbass.

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Aguero scored 20 goals in all competitions and had 10 assists last season, not to shabby for someone who "was not in form".

Has red nose discussed this move with Tesco? :D

4. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC

i can't see man utd paying that much for aguero.

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

So ManUtd are going to make the exact same mistake they made last season and spend a bunch for a player that's not a traditional #9 when they need a traditional #9.

6. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't think Sir Alex is that dumb! that said, i don't think Aguero is suited for the english style of footie...Italy , maybe even France....

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If Red Nose isn't that dumb why did he pay 30 million quid for Berbatov. :p

Aguero won't go to Manure.

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The coach of Athletico is an idiot. Arse made him look like a rookie out there today in the Emirates cup. Aguero was subbed out of the game, just after Maxi was subbed in. Then Arse puts in 4 quality subs for Arsenal to fight
    This coach really has something against Maxi who was a starter, who has become sub recently.

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

thanks to dr Know for the stats between aguero and Gonzalo H

I wonder how the compare to tevez @ MAN u

aguero 46 games
    higuain 42 games

10. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Incredible goal by Aguero to score against the Greek Side in the Champions League qualifier. Athletico defense up to their own ways. Leto (the argentinian from liverpool) let one rip to make it 3-2 a bit after. :rolleyes:

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Graet goal by Aguero, I think the fact he's had a break this summer and a proper pre-season will do him the world of good. Atletico are still mental though, a world class attack combined with a pub defence. Probably why I have developed a soft spot for them. :D

12. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Sergio made a goal that reminded me how we would tear apart defenses in argentina. He is slowly sdapting his game to the european fast fields and pressure.

And yes, having a proper pre-season for the 1st time since 2006 is a plus. He looks strong and fast.

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

People has pointed something on Agüero's goal is that he entered into the box from the right, in a Messi-esque style, couldn't that be another sign that they aren't made to play together?:confused:

While it seems both seem comfortable with a classic 9.

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

I think Aguero and Messi are versatile enough to play through different sides. Messi played a lot through the middle last season not just through the right.

And I've seen Aguero score goals from all sides. Remember the goal he scored for Independiente against Racing where he took on multiple players? That was more towards the left. Aguero is also very comfortable finishing with both feet.

15. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

But in that goal he picked the ball in the midfield when Racing was all on attack.

16. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Indeed... i was pretty hard on him but really he looked very good in this preseason... and he's not the only one. (See Zarate, Banega & Di Maria).

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Aguero's form in pre-season has been brilliant, lets hope he takes that into the game against Brazil.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Sure but he entered mostly through the left. And that was just one example. I've seen him shift sides constantly through matches for Atletico. He also likes to drop deep at times.

19. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

As was rumoured, would've been interesting had Aguero joined Chelsea. Reportedly he's very content with life in Madrid & is seemingly committed to see out his long-term contract @ Atletico. Culture & climate must play a big role in his choice of football destination - this & zero interest from the player or his agent to seek a move elsewhere made the apparent Chelsea snub hardly surprising - as his willingness to remain practically forfeits any hope of silverware for the goalscorer. Chelsea on the other hand will be fighting for major honours - I see them as favourites to claim the EPL this season & compete for the European Cup. Unless Argentina capture the next WC, Sergio will have to make do with plaudits.

20. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This kids is something else. To be in the limelight of Messi, Tevez, Maradona and Riquelme.... we're lucky to have him.

He is on par with Messi, for my money. There's a reason he started at 15 years old, younger than Maradona.

We're lucky to have both Kun and Messi together at the same time in the same generation.

21. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Impressive stat for Aguero, he's scored 6 goals in 6 1/2 matches against Barcelona.

22. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Two great goals by Aguero against Chelsea, especially the first one.

24. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Each time i see one of our players as a target for one of the big EPL teams, i'm shaking... it looks like Aguero will be a Chelsea's player next-season... maybe next winter.

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I hope not. :(