Sergen Yalçın ● Euro 2000 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Yavuz Toofun, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Yavuz Toofun

Yavuz Toofun New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Sergen was an unbelievable gifted footballer. Just take a look for yourselves.

Some of his praises during/about this Euro 2000 qualification phase.

"Where did this no.10 come from? We didn't even have the slightest idea of who he was. He's a world class footballer. He has class and quality. His technical ability is very high. I was impressed by his football."
    - Rainer Bonhof, 1998

"He is a great genius."
    - Karl Heinz Feldkamp, 1999

'...Sergen is undoubtedly special...'
    The Independant, 1999

"He is the 'Turkish Zidane'."

- Franz Beckenbauer, 1999

"Nobody told me he was this good. This is a very rare footballer. A terrific talent."
    - Zdenek Zeman, 1999

'...The 27-year-old left-footed player is regarded as a classic football genius in his home country: gifted like no other - but also overly moody. God personally gave Sergen the strong left foot, one tells itself. But despite this gift, he has not yet succeeded in exploiting half of his potential. It is said that he can play centimeter-precise passes like Uwe Bein. But he is as unpredictable and difficult to control as Mario Basler...'

Kicker Magazine, 1999

"Sergen had received an offer from Bayern Munich. Franz Beckenbauer asked me about him personally."
    - Senes Erzik, 2000

"Sergen is one of the most talented footballers in the world. I still never forget the move he got past me with at the Olympic Stadium in Munich."

- Lotthar Matthaus, 2004

"After Sergen got past Matthaus, instantly many clubs were calling me to ask who he is and if he's available for transfer. If he took football even just a little bit seriously, he would have become the world's best footballer."
    - Joachim Low, 2007

2. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Too bad denizli barely used him during the actual tourney.