September 2018 Friendlies (Venezuela - FL & Argentina - NJ)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Furnaccio, Jul 2, 2018.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    With the new European Nations League starting up in September it will be a little more difficult to play Euro teams on a consistent basis during FIFA days.
    I originally thought that it would be impossible but each team will still have some open days to schedule friendlies. There just won't be as many opportunities.

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    how it works....please a little review:

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    as long as we have your blessing on these first two games. we will revisit the october games later on.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  4. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Cucho deberia ser llamado

pibe10 and Furnaccio repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    What?

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's asking you how that euro league thing works

pepinointer repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  8. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope they call cuellar and villa

pepinointer repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope we see new goalies at least for the 1st game

Baguero, Montero and Arbolera. Hope they replace Cuadrado and Vargas. Not that they are better but we need to look at after Ospina or an actual competition for him.

10. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I hope a lot of young guys... Cucho Hernández, Santos Borre, Cuellar, Campuzano, Banguera, Montero, Francisco Meza, Luis Diaz, Jaminton Campaz, Juan Sebastián Peñaloza, Sebastián Villa, Jarlan Barrera, Julián Quiñones de Tigres, Cantillo, Carlos Cuesta, Cetre de la Liga MX, Tello, Jherson Vergara, Andres Roa, Roger Martínez Jorge Carrascal, Juan Fernando Quintero

crzdcolombian and krass repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vergera plays in 3rd División italy

Borre is a sub for River. Barely plays

Meza us 26. Older then our 3 starters... tho saying that I want to see Bernardo Zuniga finally get minutes

What happened to Carlos Cuesta doesn’t seem like the new coach plays him

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vergara is playing with cagliari he was loaned

Borre played regularly last season...in the four first matches this year only have played ib tho matches. "barely plays"...

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vergara and Ceter are owned by Cagliari but are loaned to a 3rd divison club currently

A sub at River shouldn’t be getting NT call ups. I love Borre and think he will be a future star but isn’t it rushing him onto the nt?

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they already loaned?? uh i thoight this guy was starting to have a proper chance...

There are players in our league that deserve an spot before him...

pibe10 repped this.
  15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #40 Baal88, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Jaminton Campaz and Peñaloza aren't even playing professional football yet. There could be a case for the rest.

Of the ones you mentioned I'd like to see Andres Tello, Jorge Carrascal and Julian Quiñones, but I sincerely doubt any of the three will be called up if Pekerman is our coach the next month.

pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tello is a interesting player but in 2nd divison. I like him can play multiple roles so has a future if he ever starts playing in 1st divison

Quinones is a beast but a douche. He seems like a worse seed then Teo+Cardona combined. Really hope he gets his shit together as he can be in Europe easily tho the Mexicans will want a ton of money for him

Carrascal is he still in Ukraine? I thought a French club wanted him.

Also random as we are talking about youth prospects but anyone know what happened to Izzy? 2nd Brighton game and not even on the bench. They just score on Man U tho :)

I want to see younger players or even our 2nd string called but I don’t want these 4 games to be our U23 vs a SnT games tho.

17. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #42 MiLo4891, Aug 19, 2018
    Tesillo is 26 it's fine to call him in no one is saying to bring him in to replace or even compete with Mina or Sánchez but to 2nd string. CB is a different position.. One thing is to try a young 20 year old or even 19yo at winger another is at CB... They have to be truly standing out like Davinson was... That said Cuesta can be called up but should be subbed in late game. same for a CB that excelled at younger international levels but maybe aren't standouts at a big club now like Jherson Vergara or Barrera or Tello..

And I was mentioning Julián Quiñones from Tigres not Luis Quiñones.. Julián Quiñones had a great tourney in B'quilla...

These friendlies should be to find a understudies, depth and groom guys... So yes Borre and Vergara and Barrera and Tello should get called for their past but shouldn't start because of their present..

Guys like Alfredo Morelos and Cucho Hernández and Roger Martínez and Banguera and Villa should definitely play big minutes

And guys like Peñaloza and Campaz should be brought in so they start to learn.. At best see garbage time minutes.. But more so to get them accostomed to the international pro level because they were standouts at the international junior level same with Julian Quiñones that just had a great Juegos Centroaméricanos in a position of need like wide forwards cuz really the only wide fowards that might make wc22 are Muriel and Izquierdo.. So while calling its best to call guys like Villa and Cucho and even Morelos which are standing out and can maybe compete with them their understudies should be groomed as well.. A system a style and identity should start to be molded and grooming young 18 and 20s is important in case those guys get hurt because you want to be able to plug in players that know the system, style and tactics so you don't have to make major tactical changes in case any of them get hurt or drop in form and no one come 2022 stands out to replace them..

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes that julian quiñones of tigres also have beahviour problems.
    attacked with knife one of his colombian teammate while he was drunk

crzdcolombian repped this.
  19. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #44 MiLo4891, Aug 19, 2018
    That was one incident.. It's not like Teo that has been doing it team after team..

And while fighting with teammates isn't ideal it's not the same as not training because he's drunk all the time like past generation players were

He should still get playing time at least 25 minutes each match...

And I'd even call in a little bit older guys that could be called in down the road if guys get hurt like Andrés Ibargüen

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Teo nunca ha estado en una estacion de policia empezando

Herir un jugador con cuchillo es algo unca isto antes y julian quiñones tambien ha tenido inasistencias

hechos son hechos...

21. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Colombia should go with a 4-3-3 with wingers up top but also straight up forwards up top and in the middle guys that that can score and would be wingers or attacking muds but that can defend and dribble and more than anything can make a critical pass..

Along with guys like Cucho, Roger Martínez, Alfredo Morelos and Sebastián Villa and Luis Diaz... Younger guys that should get garbage time like a Peñaloza and Campaz.. Guys that were good for their U20s like Barrera and Borre and Vergara.. The CBs should be guys that could start right away and maybe be Mina and Dao subs in the Copa America..
    But long term it's important to play very attack minded fullbacks.. Colombia has been at their best recent times when the national team can field very effective attack minded fullbacks
    Machado has started and was a a u20 guy..

I would like Cristian Borja to play too.. It's good to think short term but also a back up in the future

And I think guys that would be considered very defensive wingers but aren't scoring 10,15,20 goals a season should be groomed to be a full back for our national team.. IE in Europe Zuñiga was a mid...

I think for the first team I'd use Cuadrado as a wing back... He can really play anywhere.. But I think I'd be better to have a goal scorer up top as the right winger...

That brings me to the point of how Cristian Borja by some can be considered as a Winger or mid in a pinch...

I think a guy like Dienner Quiñones should be considered as a left wingback. He's a very good dribbler and has decent vision..

22. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    In fact at one point I'd like to see 3 out right forwards play.. I'd even start the game like that... I think Morelos is the most in form guy so I'd start him in the middle for this upcoming match but the idea is that they switch and making runs that will constantly have them switching positions.. But is like to see all of them together with guys that can find them with a good pass like Quintero and Cardona...
    [​IMG]

I'd like firstggame to have all three forwards together and then sub in wingers.. Then the second game use wingers from start and give each of those forwards time as the centerfoward...

I'd maybe even bring in Cardona to start the first game and then the second start a guy who I hope can defend better but still contribute a lot going forward like Carrascal.. Then sub in Cardona

23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i wouldnt call people up for the sake of it

jay luis, pepinointer and Baal88 repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Think Tesillo call ups were to get him a transfer

Anyone actually going to the game? Might go last minute depending on the roster.

25. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I doubt any players who aren't adjusted to their club are going to the friendlies.

I only see Vargas, Davinson, Oscar Murillo, Uribe, Barrios, Quintero, Cuadrado, Borja, Falcao from the world cup roster making the trip.