Semper Crescis: Andrija Novakovich at Fortuna Sittard

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bshredder, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Don't you guys have a Bundesliga reject as your top scorer already with 20? ;)

frankburgers repped this.
  2. He should be on 30 by now.

3. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my eyes it's still up there. But 1 or 2 spots higher or lower makes no difference to me. Jozy was a few years older than Nova too.

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I recall Jozy was 21-23 when he was there.

5. Jaap Stam who sent Nova to the Netherlands, seems to be on top of the list of the next Feyenoord coach. Might be a good development for Nova.

6. TxEx

TxEx Member

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Would he get playing time there or end up on the bench like Kai at AZ? I'm all for him moving up a level, even if it's just a better team in the same league but he needs to start. Being bought to sit on the bench isn't going to do his development any good and who knows what Reading are going to do with him at this point.

7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids & Celtic FC
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be interesting if that did come to life. Direct competition would be Jorgensen, correct? I think I read he's been getting interest from abroad so if he moves one....... Nova would seem like a like-for-like replacement.

8. Winoman, m vann and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. First he's out of contract end of season if he doesnot extend.
    Second he will get master classes striking from Roy Makaay, Robin van Persie and Dirk Kuyt. If that doesnot get him in the first team it means he's not destined to be a top club striker. At least he/you all know what's his level.

Winoman repped this.
  10. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Novakovich? He's signed through 2020.

11. I thought I read that his contract expires in june. Hope you're wrong.

12. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I thought clubs couldn't send players out on loan in the last year of their contract and that's why a loan is often accompanied with a contract extension of a year or so.

13. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  14. Okay, Nova.
    Now is the time to show your worth.
    Score a hattrick.
    Simple.
    Just do it.

15. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Against Dutch defenders, yes it is. ;)

16. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Reported to the Mods on the grounds of obvious trolling of @feyenoordsoccerfan ;)

17. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    It's well known all the best clubs in Europe are clamoring for Dutch defenders and therefore the Eredivisie is a fantastic defensive league.

18. :inlove:

19. Ajax - Fortuna Sittard (zondag 16.45 uur)
    Blakend van zelfvertrouwen na het wonder van Madrid kan Ajax voor de zesde keer op rij meer dan vier doelpunten maken in eigen huis, een evenaring van het eredivisierecord uit ‘66-’67. Met Fortuna Sittard is de opponent daar ideaal voor. De Limburgers verloren zeven van de laatste acht uitduels en incasseerden in vier duels minstens vier tegengoals. Maakt Ajax zijn feestweek compleet?

[​IMG]
    © AD Sportwereld
    [​IMG]
    google translate:
    Brimming with confidence after the miracle of Madrid, Ajax can make more than four goals in the home for the sixth time in a row, an equalization of the premier league record from '66 -'67. With Fortuna Sittard the opponent is ideal for that. The team from Limburg lost seven of the last eight outings and swallowed four goals in four matches. Does Ajax complete its party week?

edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  20. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Probably not. After the high of Madrid there'll be a bit of a comedown psychologically - it's hard to play beyond yourself for too many games in a row - beating Sittard isn't exactly motivating anyway, and they have AZ away next, followed by PSV, probably with a postponed game in between.

They'll surely win this game, but they'll play within themselves: win 2-0 today, followed by an away win at AZ and a home win against PSV and Ajax go top of the table. Who needs a hamstring strain to score a fourth in a 4-1 victory?

21. Probably, but you never know after a match that made Ajax go the whole time with the pedal to the metal in Madrid.
    Feyenoord had to fight PSV away with ten men to get a draw and also were drained when we faced Ajax at home in the cup semi a few days later. We just didnot have enough energy to chase Ajax, so we lost.
    Same thing can happen to Ajax. Hopefully Lamprou will cause so much trouble for Mazraoui that de Ligt has to back up him and in the process has to divide his attention away from Nova or van de Beek comes to the aid, leaving a hole that Nova can use. Fatigue, physically and mentally, can play Ajax a treacherous role.

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Has Nova earned enough interest from other clubs to go for him when Fortuna is relegated? I'd hate for him to return to the 2nd division.

23. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They aren't going to get relegated, but he isn't going back to Fortuna regardless.