Andrija Novakovich at Calcio Lecco 1912 (Serie B)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bshredder, Apr 4, 2014.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Cuz his club is gonna get relegated. And magbe he deserves a shot in the Championship.

2. As I posted his contract expires in the summer and if I was him I preferred to stay in the Eredivisie, as there's where you get noticed, not in the Championship.
    Scouts from all over Europe are always present in the stands, which I doubt for the Championship. Defenders from low flying clubs a couple of seasons ago like Groningen and Heracles got bought by Serie A and BuLi clubs.
    Him being transfer free makes him desirable for a number of clubs in the Eredivisie that are better than Fortuna. For me it's a no brainer for Feyenoord as a risk free signing.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If @feyenoordsoccerfan /transfermarkt is right, he can sign a pre-contract now, correct?

He wouldn’t be able to sign in England, if I have those rules right. But he could sign in Netherlands or anywhere else. Maybe something is already decided or in the works. For all we know, the deal could be done. I just hope it’s with a better team.

I love the little drag move he uses quite often to get his shot off when he has a defender between himself and the goal/keeper. Always looks class.

4. I really donot know. Hasnot he have to reject an extension offer from Reading first or make it clear he's not going to extend?

5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has a UK passport from his mother. He can sign anywhere in the EU (at least until Brexit).

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  6. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not actually talking about passport requirements. I'm talking about the FA and league rules. The freedom to sign the 6 month out pre-contract doesn't apply, I believe.

I know that it is the case within the Premier League that you can't do the 6-mos. thing intra-league. I'm protracting that out to the entire EFL, as it seems it would have to apply similarly there given prospective pro/rel implications making it weird otherwise.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I hope not another Bjorn Johnsen situation. Picked up by a bigger club only to sit most of the season. And the playing style isn't to his advantage.

8. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
  9. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Bjorn has to listen to the critic vdBrom has delivered. Bjorn can score goals, but when he takes the comments of vdB by heart he'll be even more valuable as a player.
    His situation is a reminder to folks dissing Jozy's achievements at AZ.
    Whether it works out for Nova is entirely up to him. Supposing he lands at Feyenoord. He'll be tutored by a few of the best strikers the world has seen. If he has spare room for improvement and he's eager to do so, it will show as you can't get more experience to tap into than with Feyenoord. I really hope he lands there and we'll be able to see what his ceiling really is.

11. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Is anyone in the media linking Nova to Feyenoord? Or is that just a personal wish of yours?

12. My personal wish.

comoesa, LouisianaViking07/09 and kruck repped this.
  13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's a fair comparison of the three. I've seen both Mlapa and Damlau and out of those two, I think Damlau is the closet comparison to Nova. Mlapa just doesn't do enough outside to really make me sit up and take notice. He's passing is awful. Big and strong but weak in many areas especially with the ball at his feet. What the article didn't mention....... Noveais the youngest. Mlapa is 27 or 28 so he's pretty much a finished product. Damlau is 25, so not much improvement will be made. Nova definitely has the better upside due to his age.

14. upload_2019-2-20_15-16-35.png
    saturday februari 23d at 19:45 CET

Kik vs Nova!!

15. There's almost no space between playing for a EL-play off spot or relegation for both teams:
    upload_2019-2-20_15-46-18.png

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The only thing one can say about the Eredivisie for sure is that Ajax, PSV, AZ and 'Noord will end at the top.

Everything else is up for grabs.

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lost 4-2.

Fortuna Sittard has conceded 10 goals in their last 2 games

HartwickFan and ArsenalMetro repped this.
  19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Since he came back from injury Nova has played 742' and scored one goal.

HartwickFan repped this.
  20. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that still better than Bobby Wood's rate?

21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goal:

1102250546063466497 is not a valid tweet id

{Narrator's voice}: It didn't.

Down 3-2 in 62nd.

24. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't even talk to me about this f-ing rule, which ruined my chances of signing more than a few solid players on frees in Football Manager, who signed pre-contracts with clubs in other Big Five leagues instead.