Semifinales (Vuelta) - Boca Jrs. vs Cucuta Dep. (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Caturro, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Anybody else watching this game?

Boca is one goal away from qualifying but Cucuta is looking good on the counters.

2. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Just started watching on Fox Sports Espanol. I thinl it's live. It's in the 47th minute with Boca leading 1-0. What is the aggregate score?

3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Effin mist, I can't see shit. :mad:

And what the hell is wrong with Palacio? He's been missing goals left and right.

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Aggregate is 3-2 in Cucuta's favor but Boca scored 1 away goal in the first game.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think if Boca qualify today, you can almost say they've won their 6th Libertadores. Gremio lost 3-1 to Santos yesterday (3-3 global score), but ended up qualifying due to away goal. They are the first finalists, but I don't see them as thaaat great of a team. I'm pretty sure Boca can get through them without too many difficulties. Hopefully they don't have to face each other in the first place, though, and we see a Cucuta-Gremio match. :)

6. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Wow, offside call on Ibarra's goal... the lineman must be having a really hard time. :(

7. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    I see it's 3-3 now, or not b/c of offsides call. Yeah, their using a field level camera so the players are partially visible.

8. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    I would agree Boca are favorites but Gremio has a history of winning the tournament. Are away goals used as a tie breaker in Conmebol? I thought they weren't.

9. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    To be honest, Santos has disappointed ever since the last stage of Copa began... and although Gremio seems tough at home they're pretty weak playing away.

Ok, match has been momentarily stopped because of the mist. Can't see anything... it would help if one of the teams was wearing an outfit with brighter colors. :confused:

10. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Actually it's still 3-2. The goal was invalidated... they said on TV that the call was correct but I could honestly not see anything.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, exactly why I was saying Boca would basically be the champions if they were to qualify to the finals. Anyway, aguante Cucuta! Hopefully they manage to qualify and eventually take the trophy home.. they deserve it.

12. SourCream&OnionUtd

Nov 19, 1998
    When did this fog roll in? I just tuned in and it looks like it would have taken sometime for it to build.

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I have a feeling that if the game is not postponed, Cucuta will make it. They have to stop defending so close to their keeper. Eventually Boca will brake their line.

SHIT Boca scores :(

14. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Don't they have 2nd and 3rd kits..?
    Between the fog and the fact that the teams kits look almost the same in wide shots, it's a bit hard to follow..

15. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    It was there before the game started... the ref hesitated but finally decided that it was fit to play.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fuck!!!! Well, I guess it's over now. I'm not watching it, but I just don't see things getting better. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they get worse. :mad:

17. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Palermo scores after a corner kick, Boca wins 2-0. Aggregate is 3-3 but Boca momentarily advances on away goal rule.

Now the dumb Boca fans are throwing flares on the field. :mad:

18. SourCream&OnionUtd

Nov 19, 1998
    That goal should not be allowed to stand, this game should have been abandoned. This reminds me of the famous "Fog Bowl" between Philadelphia Eagles and Chicago Bears years ago.

19. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I dunno, there have been games played in Chile in worse conditions... fog like this is common in the Southern Cone and the ref (who is from Uruguay) must've thought it was ok to play.

Seeing the relevance of the game, in retrospect, I don't think the game should've been played today.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ridiculous. I am not watching the match (as mentioned previously), but I've been hearing about the tremendous fog there is in Buenos Aires for days now. If it really is as bad as I hear, the match should have just been postponed. Ahhh.. Hopefully Cucuta try to take advantage of this situation and take long shots, they could really benefit from them.

Too bad Blas Perez isn't playing.. I was telling everyone how important he was to the team, but many acted like he wasn't. Well, here's the proof. :(

As for the Boca fans and the flares... Wow.. just wow. :rolleyes:

21. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    To play in this conditions is INHUMANE. You can't expose a team like Cucuta, that is accustomed to play in the sunny tropical heat, to this weather; it's foggy, damp and as cold as a witch's tit. Plus the crowd in the stadium is being rude.
    All this gives Boca an unfair and unsporting advantage.

FIFA should ban international matches in during winter in coastal cities and with rude fans.

22. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Cucuta needs to do SOMETHING! They only need one more goal to make things very hard for Boca... but as of now, they haven't done ANYTHING in the second half.

23. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Jajajaja, I agree. :D

24. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca
    I dont know what the hel* does fifa have to say about this conditions if they talk about height

25. SourCream&OnionUtd

Nov 19, 1998
    If this result stands it will be very harsh on Cucuta in my opinion. Palermo scored when the fog was still quite thick, now it's subsided quite a bit. But I agree with Caturro. Cucuta just needs to do something.