Semifinal #1 Peru v Uruguay [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Yeah, they remembered they were Peruvian and started playing with the ball on the ground.

That's one thing that HAS to come back once Farfan and Ramirez return. This long ball shit isn't our thing.

Uruguay won thoroughly. You could tell who the veteran team, with about 25 games together and a WC semifinal together was and who the patched-up team with 5 games together was.

Good win. Can't wait for the qualifiers.

2. Caleta290

Caleta290 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    AA Coruripe
    Peru played well but Tabarez was a fox.
    Tabarez just had to neutralized Vargas and Cruzado, so they won't feed Guerrero.

IN the other hand we had Vilchez, who I believe was the main reason why Uruguay score twice.

First goal, Vilchez leaves Suarez to run a ball were most of the time goal keepers are well known to always catch those balls after a bounce.

Second goal, Vilchez habilita a Suarez y de paso se le queda mirando.
    Fernandez sale bien pero un delantero de ese tipo jamas se le da espacios.

Con Farfan y Pizarro, Uruguay no hubiese sido tan ofensivo.
    Beyond everything Peru did a lot better than what anyone expected. So congrats to Peru.

3. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Was Vargas playing as the lone man up front? Guerrero did really well when Vargas was sent off perhaps, it was more to do with desperation and the fact Uruguay felt comfortable.

Congrats to Peru they had a good tourny, but tonight they needed some luck like they did against Colombia but the opposite occured. Advincula had a valid shout for a pk, and Uruguay could've had a man sent off. Btw I know the keeper put himself in a difficult position on the first goal but he made it very easy for Suarez to tuck the ball in, he essentially left the net wide open instead of cutting down the angle. He didn't need to be so aggressive on the 2nd goal, he had defender cutting down the far post angle if he just stayed in his net, he left himself vulnerable to a goal or red card in that situation.

Well done to Uruguay they were very professional and this is a team that is really understanding what it takes to play tournament football. They were physical and they knew Guerrero and Vargas were the only dangers and forced them to play with their back to goal 35+yds away. They smelled blood and took advantage with 2 quick goals. Too bad the WC is 3 years away for them, they could really challenge atm with Argentina and Brazil slumping.

4. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    dunno why they even call him that in the 1st place.

damn carlos alvarez

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    No shame in losing to one of the Top 5 NTs right now, in the world. And Peru was missing some key players.

I'd say Uruguay is only below Spain and Germany, and even with the Netherlands and Paraguay.

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Destacable lo de Perú anoche: igual con un jugador menos no se notó la desventaja númerica.

Vargas cayó en el juego de los uruguayos (Lugano debió haber visto la roja anteriormente).

Markarián estaba apostando por lo visto a cansar a Uruguay: lamentable el jugarséla por el empate esta vez le pasó la cuenta. :eek:

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So let me get this right. If the Netherlands in their strongest formation would face off Uruguay in their strongest formation 10 times the next month they would get both an equal amounts of wins against each other, with some draws here and there?

But, this would not only be the case for Uruguay, same go's for Paraguay?

8. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If that match happens to be for a World Cup final, I know where my money is ;)

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yes, that's a way to put it.

Except with Paraguay it'd be more 8 draws and 1 win for each, about.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oke.

Would you stand by that if we would agree to play on these terms:

1. Each of the 10 games don't take longer than the normal 90 minutes plus the few minutes of injury time. No expansion to AET . That sets a time limit on Paraguay and Uruguay to get those wins against the Netherlands. Same applies to the Netherlands to them of course.
    2. We keep the games going until we have 10 games where both teams ended the match with 11 men. This way we have 10 games where neither team lost because it was handicapped. There will be no excuses as they have played on full strength during the match. We count for 10 ''normal'' games.

If you would agree on the above terms to play the 10 matches, how many of them would Uruguay win against the Netherlands. If I understand you correct, that number is the same as to the number of games the Netherlands would win from Uruguay. You already answered it for Paraguay, but maybe with above rules to the games you come to another conclusion, maybe it stands as it is.

Cheers

11. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    My friend,

We both know the Netherlands beat Uruguay 3-2 in the World Cup Semi's, and Uruguay won on PK's in the last friendly in Montevideo. I don't really see a big difference in quality between both teams. But that is a good thing as luckily, we are both world class teams at the moment.

Hopefully I can visit your country next year!

Cheers

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    creo que vos y el profe tabarez estan a punto de convencernos!!

que nos guste o no el estilo y la forma de llegar al segundo tiempo es otra cosa!! son 5 an`os de exitos a cada nivel y la salifa de P. Casal de la foto diaria en uruguay...dejo crecer el resultadismo visto hasta hoy en dia.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    La gente se fija demasiado en nombres.

Es mejor fijarse en resultados. Y hablando de resultados, Uruguay anda mejor que Brasil y Argentina. Y en la CONCACAF, Panama se viene con todo.

14. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Im not being cocky if it came out that way. Im one of the least cocky people I know.....except Saturday when we beat Argentina:p

But as you guys have said, the results at every category have been consistent and hopefully we can keep it this way for many years to come

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hi Celeste4life

The statement that is made is that the 3 nations are on the same level. For me that means that if the three teams would face off over 10 matches, you would get equal wins for both teams and some draws.

I am very aware of the results between Uruguay and the Netherlands. However, the results of both games do not provide enough data to sustain the above mentioned claim. We are just talking about two games, not 10. Uruguay couldn't select some important players in the half final of the WC, making them weaker then they really were. Same goes for Holland in the recent friendly and maybe same go's for Uruguay. Under FIFA regulation the last friendly was a draw. Penalty shootouts have no effect on that. One minute before taking penalty's v Marwijk took off Dirk Kuyt, the penalty taker for Liverpool. He wanted to test Elia, who missed. It was a friendly and he wanted to know if he could trust Elia with a penalty. The answer is no and friendly's are there to get to know things like that. So far it has been a win for Holland and a draw in your own country as against Brazil in Brazil in the same campaign. The mindset of the Dutch was: when starts the holiday? The mindset of both South American teams was: How do we prepare optimal for a good Copa? Still both teams were not able to beat us with us not coming in our strongest formation.

In a 10 game face off it also comes down to consistency. I wanted to know from Suyuntuy if he would agree on the terms I put up above to play the 10 games. So far he hasn't reacted, but if you agree, we can move on. Remember that if you agree on the claim and the conditions to play, you have to defend that Paraguay is on the same level as Uruguay, which they are not. :) They are pulling a bit of a Greece, but actually Greece won games and Paraguay hasn't won a game so far in the Copa and have yet to win the final. The fact Venezuela hit 4 or 5 times the aluminium and made pretty much a goal if that attacker was not so stupid to touch it with his head tells me, their defense is not as tight as it should be over 10 games when this guy is playing:

[​IMG]

and this guy in the front who likes to take the challenge against mighty Paraguay

[​IMG]

Both didn't play in our recent friendly by the way

Cheers

16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I don't think Suyuntuy has the authority to organize these ten games

17. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I think that was Balbin, no? He raised his hand, yet he didn't try to make the offside trap at all or tried to chase Suarez. Should've done something.
    De acuerdo. Uruguay es el mejor equipo sudamericano en este momento. Ojala y ganen la final.

18. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    So if there are harsh fouls, no cards? Are you even gonna have a ref for this simulation of yours? :p

19. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    How about both Suyuntuy and our Dutch friend exchange gamertags and play a 10 game marathon on XBOX Live.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    that will be expensive

refs....are charging twice as much to do that risky marathon:rolleyes:

21. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Well, under those rules, allowing Van Bommel and De Jong to beat up all of the opposition players without fear of missing any time, I'd give the Dutch the advantage in each of those ten games.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So the fiction would be that let say after 10 games one or two ended with red cards the other team would say they lost because they had to play 40 minutes with 10 men. As I think Holland will be the team with far the most ball possession, Uruguay and Paraguay will be more likely to receive a red card. In the last friendly Lugano should have had a red card maybe with his tackle on van Persie. We only count the games ending with 11 vs 11 and so we would play 2 or if in those two another incident happens even a 13th game. That way we have 10 games on full strength where there would be no legit excuses.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The key question is, how many wins does Suyuntuy think Uruguay can get over the Netherlands in 10 games.

24. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    and if another incident happens in the 13th game, play a 14th game? and if something happens in the 14th game, let's play a 15th game!