Semifinal 1: Brazil vs. Germany[R]

Discussion in 'Knockout Rounds' started by Bonnie Lass, Aug 15, 2008.

1. divx2k

divx2k New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Looks like Brazillian will be responsible for dethrone 2004 Olympic Champion. The men team already did to Cameroon, the US WNT team will soon be joining the defeat. :eek:

2. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the big question here in Brazil right now is: "what the hell was Cristiane dancing when she scored the 4th goal?"

maybe she is only a bad dancer...

3. SCoach

SCoach New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Tallahassee, FL
    I don't know, but she can do that bad dance with me anytime...

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I wouldn't think you'd have to fight off too many people to get to the top of her dance card, but you never know.

5. SCoach

SCoach New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Tallahassee, FL
    Horses for courses I guess.

6. nan

nan New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    WTF?! I'm trying to watch the Brazil vs. Germany game on the NBC Olympics website but every time I click on the match "Rewind" link it goes straight to the US vs. Japan game! What gives? Who can we email to have them correct this! I'm dying to see that game. I've been at work all day and looking forward to watch it. I'm suffering right now!

:(

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OMG, how can you support Juve AND f...ing Inter? :eek:

Congrats to the girls from Brasil on this impressive win (thankfully I didn't see this "little disaster" ;)), they deserve to be in the final.

The German girls simply can't win an Olympic medal...

8. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    HA HA HA HA! That is TOO funny. LOL!

9. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    I have not watched the entire match yet, but from what I saw, I thought the
    German team was very off, and their goalkeeping was very bad. Nadine looked sloppy and had poor timing. I could not believe this was the same Nadine that shut out the last xxxx ( how ever many ) games. She was hardly agile or speedy, like a top goalkeeper should be.

10. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too! I second the request - does anyone know of a way to watch this game? I don't think NBC actually streamed the game online; the links are a mistake (not the first I've come across).

I don't see any further rebroadcasts on Telemundo or the Olympics Soccer Channel (there was one earlier sometime between 9AM and 3PM PT). We may be out of luck unless Telemundo decides to re-air Brazil's moment of glory (may it be their last for these Olympics) sometime before the Finals.

11. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd think right? And if there's any player that gets me seething, it would be Cristiane. And yet, yeah, I'd sign up for a bad dance with her, too.

You'd think, but you never know... :)

12. stevo1214

stevo1214 New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    If you go to the "soccer" and then " videos" the semi final game between
    Brazil vs Germany is there. Here is the link to that game. I'm watching it fine at this moment.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html?assetid=fb4h-bj-sd25-081808-175002&channelcode=sportfb

13. marush

marush Member

Aug 17, 2008
    I am from germany. It wasn't the cup of germany. The team was fighting, but they played very bad. In the Brasil game there was the chance of 2:0.
    If we had made the 2:0(Mittag),perhaps we had win 3:0,4:0 or 5:0. But we got a stupid goal at the end of the first half and 3 very stupid goals after the halftime.2 Counter goals.It was a little bit like USA-Brasil at WC07. Brasil is a very strong team, but there are 90 hard minutes against the USA.

14. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, SteveO. Don't know why I couldn't find it earlier and I tried linking from a bunch of different screens and menus and what-not... It's nice to know some of us aren't as inept as I am...

15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course I meant the Gold medal...:eek:;)

Btw: I've just seen a summary of the game. Wow, what a fantastic goal from Cristiane!!

16. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Still can't believe how amateurish our girls looked getting caught on the counter TWICE!!

17. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    It was a "weird" match for the Germans to say the least. I remember Silvia Neid's comments last year when the US lost to Brazil, she stated that she had never seen the US play the way the did. I"ve never seen a German team play the way they played on Monday.

Btw, it looks as if Silvia is a bit bitter about yesterday:

„Ich finde nicht, dass Brasilien eine tolle Leistung geboten hat.“

"I don't think that Brazil put on a great performance."
    :eek:

http://www.ngz-online.de/public/art...04004/Was-hat-Silvia-Neid-da-nur-gesehen.html

18. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I know! When I read that, I was thinking, what a sore loser! That's just embarrassing!!! Still, Prinz said that she thinks that the better team won. 'Atta girl!

19. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Yeah..I was disappointed in Silvia's comments. I didn't think she'd take that attitude..but I can understand her frustration.

From what I can tell, Prinz has always been class.

The Bronz medal match will be equally as thrilling as the gold, IMO.

20. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I almost wish Germany would lose -- they really need a wake up call. For one thing, passing and ball handling skills need to drastically improve. Almost all of the players were very poor in both which I find hard to believe -- I mean how is that even possible? We need to nurture and integrate exceptional players into the team, I am not sure they current crop is all that. Promising, but one of a kind? Will be interesting to see how the future of the NT develops ...

21. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Sounds like a familiar problem with another team, we know...;)

I figured the Germans were having an "off tournament".. Granted, I hadn't seen the DFB-Frauen play since WWC 07 but then, their passing and strategy were immeasurable. What has happened in almost the span of a year?

22. nan

nan New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha! I hadn't updated my profile since the year 1999 when I was like 14. So, yeah, I was a bit off. Any who...I am currently supporting a new team...see left. :cool:

23. nan

nan New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    By the way, thanks for the link to the game Stevo1214! You made my day! :)