Semi-finals Mexico vs Costa Rica 23 July – Chicago

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by M3gatron redded, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Semi-finals Mexico vs Costa Rica 23 July – Chicago

Dude....don't even bother worrying about the media.Everyone (Even Mexicans) know their bullshit.

2. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR

Its time for a Gold Cup to be played in Central America, Caribbean, or even Canada, instead of hosted 9 consecutive times in the same country with the clear intention to favor Mexico and USA.

60k of mexican fans, that was like playing in Mexico.

Though I'm glad in Costa Rica we don't export people to other countries.

3. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

only canada and costa rica are able to host it...

no one else has the facilities...

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

did u guys see the ref when he told Torrado to calm down their fans and he said

"no es mi pais" go ahead, read his lips, its really easy

Maybe its not his country, but those 60k fans were cheering for his team, he could have done something, if this had happened in saprissa´s we would have gotten a stadium ban and a huge fine, but this is Concacraps tournament, so we cant expect it to be fair, I am not saying we lost because of this, but its still not fair, concacaf got the final they wanted US vs MEX, just like its gonna happen everytime the GC its played in the US

BTW, go ahead and count the time the goalies lost, Ochoa lost a lot of time at the beginning of the game when CR should have been up by 2 goals, Keylor lost a few minutes at the end, probably they all were tired and happy for the little resting seconds

Most even game i´ve seen in a long time, best 2009GC without a doubt

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

it could be played in Mexico, Canada, CR+Panama, Honduras+Guate, etc, but Concacaf wants it on the USA for $$$, it wont change mate

6. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

honduras and guate's stadiums at their best are still in pretty bad conditions...

lets be honest man

a few posts earlier someone said that if CAF has their cups in pretty bad facilities and so on..

its obvious that it doesnt help much

we need to move forward and make plans im all for it for other countries to host it other than the states cause it just adds way more to the mickey mouse feel

but again serious investing should be put in place in order for them to make it happen..

not really sure what panama's stadiums look like but i am all for a gold cup in

costa rica!! ive been wanting to go for the longest ha

7. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

No way will the Gold Cup ever be held in Costa Rica....the only matches people will go watch will be Costa Rica...and the stadiums won't even be full unless its against Mexico, USA, or Honduras. Even if Mexico plays USA...no one will show up...people would rather watch that on tv.

There's nothing we can do about the Gold Cup...i just wish it was held once every 4 years to qualify a team to the Confederations Cup...but thats not going to happen as long as money is being made.

8. PorMisAwakatls

PorMisAwakatls New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I thought it was a very entertaining, close match. On the one hand Mexico consistently won possession & won the little tactical battles on the field... but on the other hand Costa Rica looked like it had greater KO power and seemed more dangerous throughout the match.

Mexico looked real good in that first overtime half. Overall, Costa Rica once again evidences that it can build good teams but lacks that little extra it takes to win something.

Mexico is currently at 75% of its potential and clearly improving leaps & bounds. If Aguirre gives the most deserving of these players some continuity into the World Cup qualifiers (Ochoa, Efrain Juarez, Israel Castro, Gio Dos Santos etc.,)... I think Mexico will win the next two qualifiers and the hexagonal is going to get very interesting.

9. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

The media try to sell us the best National team they can, so they can sell more and maximize profits its got logic behind the bullsHt, and yeah i agree i think big part of the slump the MNT is right now its couse of the media, still im not stupid enough to go tell a bunch of people just couse one or two news papers of their country say bullSht then they all are idiots, i know better and im not that stupid, grow up kid.

OOO and did you stop to think the fact that most of the fans and media are so damn happy its couse we beat a good team? you think anyone would be this damn happy if we beat El Salvador on Penaltys? (all do respect to ES theyr not CR.) Nahh i dont think you did, you one of those dumb people who look for the most negative part of everything they see.

Here, maybe this will make you feel like you deserve your life:
    http://www.terra.com.mx/articulo.aspx?articuloId=852127 *aguirre talks of the ticos after the game*

http://www.radiolevy.com/sitio/noticia.php?id=4685 *preview saying CR has been displaying the best football in the area*

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/r...fullranking.html#confederation=23914&rank=183 *fifa Ranking*

http://foro.mediotiempo.com/showthread.php?t=85625 *A mexican forum poll discussing if concacaf helps USA and Mexico reach the final 50% of the people thing they do, you can fiind a lot of people in the same forum saying just how good CR is*

Do you feel better now? or do you want you hot milk in a bibi? maybe a pacifier? again grow up kid.

10. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

China/India have no football culture or history. Mexico obviously does. It's sad that in a nation of 110,000 million, your team has to rely on shotty refereeing/cheating to beat a nation that only has 4 million to choose from to pick a team, and can only beat us by one penalty kick. :p

And what's my excuse? You had homefield advantage. Like I said, wait till your boys come to Saprissa, you can watch first hand how they will get their asses HANDED to them. Trust, it won't have to go to penalties. And I wish I was goin, I'd definitely come by for a chat, but unfortunately I live in CT. Take a picture for me, ok? ;)

11. PorMisAwakatls

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

WTF... are you guys whining about? Mexico has been crap for the last years... playing at 50% or less of its potential.. now at 75% we had to go to PKs against a decent team... with more cohesiveness + a few essential players not on the Gold Cup roster... Mexico will be at 80 to 85% of its potential and should be able eek out a win at Costa Rica... then we will see how much you want to chat.

12. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

[​IMG]

13. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

like in 2005 right?

14. PorMisAwakatls

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  15. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Dont feed the troll!!

16. Tiburoneuras

Tiburoneuras New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Queretaro
    Club:
    TR de Veracruz
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Why can't we cool it?
    WTF do we think when shooting insults at each other?
    Let's keep the exchange, not the hate.
    Nonetheless...arriba México y saludos a CR

17. Don Nino El Dios

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

haha, if you guys win in Saprissa, I will personally come back and congratulate you, as long as you win fairly and with some class.
    I'm not a sore loser, I'll congratulate any team that beats my team deservedly. Yesterday was very controversial, in my book.

I don't think Mexico's "tactics" was the difference in the game, but more so Costa Rica's lack of finishing. There is no doubt that we were technically superior to Mexico, which surprised me. However, my point is that the Mexican team obviously felt that playing dirty was necessary to beat us, as they did continuously kick/push/grab/step on us, which is pathetic, and also definitely wasn't hurt by biased refereeing.

And, I'm no troll, I'm just telling you what I saw. And now people are talking shit, I'll talk back. ;)

Man, look at a calendar, DOES IT LOOK LIKE MOTHER********ING 2005 TO YOU!? :p Wash your face and get your mind right. Saprissa is waiting.

18. PorMisAwakatls

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You are delusional. Every Mexican has recognized it was a toss up. You guys played just as "dirty". In some aspects Costa Rica was technically superior in others Mexico was technically superior. Succintly... the Tico players often created their own space and shot on goal with danger... whereas the Mexican players seem to need to take a shooting clinic. OTOH... Costa Rica had no response to the creative talent of Gio Dos Santos & Barrera. Also... I. Castro & Juarez completely owned the CR players in their patch of the field.

Mexico at 75% can give an inspired Costa Rica a hard battle... in the next month Costa Rica (as you always do) will lose confidence from the inability (once again) to win the close matches & get to Gold Cup finals etc.,... Mexico coming off the Gold Cup championship & beating the Spazzos in Azteca will be at 85% or so and will bring the Ticos crashing back to reality at Saprissa.

The Hexagonal is going to get very interesting because at that point Mexico will have 12pts... and most Costa Rica will have is 15pts versus 14pts for the Spazzos. Both of those teams will lock up a little in the last 3 matches and Mexico is going to end up on top of the Hexagonal standings.

Mexidamus has spoken.

19. Don Nino El Dios

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]
    You will pay for your lack of vision!

LOL. Can't wait for the game. I'll be quoting this... :D

20. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre

Not looking to get into an inane pissing contest on the internet, so take this as my first and last post on the subject.

This was NOT the Costa Rica team that's leading the hex. There were only 4 hex starters in last night's game: Celso Borges, Freddy Fernandez, Alvaro Saborio and Keylor Navas. And even Navas has been sharing the starting position with El Gallo Gonzalez about 50% of the time.

Enough of this "75%", "B+", "A-" crap. I thought only spazzos did that :rolleyes:

It was a very good game, played with a lot of heart and huevos between two teams that were missing plenty of their first string players, and that's that.

21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Let's just be cool guys. Remember it isn't the rivalry board.

22. Cristian Bolaños

Cristian Bolaños New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Costa Rica

Kid??? I am probably old enough to be you father and bang your mom, jjajaaja.

23. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León

wow.. the mexican media is horrible towards mexico.. what are you watching?

please link anyone on these boards that did not give CR credit?

question to my tico friends... What players were left out of the Gold cup roster that started in the US game (hex)

24. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

And that proofs my point thank you very much! :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pønch again.

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Good game Mexico, to me i never thought Mexico would make it to the final, but they really surprise me. Congrats to all Mexicans. As of the Ticos, they put a lot of cojones till the last minute, thats something to applaud aswell. Great game both teams.