Selling Card Collection and Autographs to Raise Money

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by usbfc, Oct 23, 2002.

1. usbfc

usbfc New Member

Sep 8, 2000
    New York City
    I've decided to unload the last of my soccer collectibles which include hundreds of soccer cards, including autographed and sign of the times, and a few other autographs.

I'm trying to get out to LA in the next few weeks for the American Idol auditions. I spent my last dime trying to do the Detroit ones, but, got turned away with thousands of others because there were too many people. Didn't even get a look.

Since I work volunteer, I don't have the money. Although, I just got cast in a show that will start to change that, but, it doesn't start soon enough and I have to get the money now. Additionally, my mom has been bugging me for years to record Ave Maria for her. Time keeps passing by and I've realized that I don't want to take risks by waiting too long. So, that's going to be my gift to her sometime soon. So, that's what I'm trying to sell my stuff for (i.e., not cause I don't want it or it's in bad condition).

So, here's what I'm looking at selling. Preferrably as a whole collection, but, we'll see. I'll be willing to take highest bids from people.

This collection includes:

----------------------------

5x7 John Spencer Autograph
    5x7 Carlos Valderrama Autograph
    5x7 Marcelo Balboa Autograph

Poster of Rapids Team Autographed (15 or more)

----------------------------

Upper Deck Set

Mike Petke Sign of the Times 99'

97 MLS Standard Cards (49 of 51)

99 MLS Set
    - complete standard set
    - 4 World All-Stars #'s ... w1, w2, w3, w7
    - 23 of 24 MLS Stars
    - 9 of 11 All MLS Team

21 Autographed Chicago Fire Cards
    - 3 99' Standard Cards (Nowak 2, Thornton 1)
    - 3 99' Year in Review (Nowak 2, Thornton 1)
    - 3 99' MLS Stars (Razov, Nowak, Thornton)
    - 3 99' All MLS Team (Nowak, Kubik, Armas)
    - 1 99' World All Stars (Nowak #w6)
    - 3 00' Standard Cards (Kubik, Nowak, Thornton)
    - 1 00' International Stars (Nowak)
    - 1 00' Scoring Leaders (Razov)
    - 1 00' All MLS Team (Armas)
    - 2 00' Soccer Spotlight (Thornton, Nowak)

WC 93 Preview and WC 94 Cards (multiple languages)
    - Hundreds of assorted cards, includes doubles

Juventus
    - 97-98' cards
    - Zinedine Zindane Hologram
    - Limited Juventus Team Print (24899 of 25000)

-------------------

Other Cards

2001 Colorado Rapids Team Cards (No Upper Deck MLS Set issued in 2001)
    - 30 cards in total (full set)

Lego Soccer Cards
    - 3 Tampa Bay Mutiny
    - 3 Kansas City Wizards

------------------------------------------------

That's what I'm selling for now. If you'd like to bid, you can private message me or just reply. I have a reserve price in my head. I've taken a look at similar things on ebay in the past and have a reasonable total for this. I think this would make a tremendous starters kit for new collector's - great Xmas gift, etc... I would ship everything secure and most of the cards are already in card sheets and a binder to protect them.

I'm willing to sell them separately, but, they would then become more expensive per set or item than if you bought the whole thing.
    I have a paypal account, or personal checks are welcome. Or, if you'd just like to help me out without buying these collectable? Hell, I won't argue! j/k Cheers! Thanks for reading!

PS: Mods, If this doesn't comply with the guidelines, I'm sorry. It's a little unclear as to what does or does not. But, I thought this would be a good place to keep the collectables with people who would take care of it. Let me know if this is a problem...

2. usbfc

usbfc New Member

Sep 8, 2000
    New York City
    PSS: If anyone would like to throw an estimated value at this, let me know through PM. I'd be curious as to what you think. Additionally, within a week, I will be putting this collection on ebay if not picked up.

3. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
  4. TheCrew04

TheCrew04 New Member

Jan 18, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    Would you be willing to part with a few of the singles of the 97 set?

5. usbfc

usbfc New Member

Sep 8, 2000
    New York City
    Probably... PM me which you're looking for.