Selected posts from Antonio Valencia's early days in Europe

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Emelectric15, Apr 23, 2005.

1. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    Re: Luis Antonio Valencia, news & comments (r)

I just hope he does not end up in a club that he will be benched, like Manchester united or Real Madrid.

2. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1705/re...jatovic-wants-valencia-on-loan-at-real-madrid

Following a few rounds of preliminary dialogue, Real Madrid appear to have reached a decision in their attempt to sign Luis Antonio Valencia from Premier League side, Wigan Athletic in the winter trade period.

Los Blancos sporting director, Predrag Mijatovic is believed to be in favour of a six-month loan deal for the 23-year-old, with the option to buy the player outright come June during the summer transfer market.

3. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Real Madrid To Offer Wigan Saviola Plus Cash For Valencia

man if this is true.. wow :eek:

i haven't followed saviola at all so i don't know how well he's doing at the moment, but the thought that valencia can be worth more than the famed saviola is incredible.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

News reports keep confirming this story, apparently Juande Ramos is insisting on getting Valencia. It's a tough deal though - Wigan sacrifices a lot if they let him go, and gives up on any remote chance of making Europe next season.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Stay at Wigan...stay at Wigan.... :)

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Updates:

Good news: Seems like Real Madrid have backed off the chase for Valencia.
    Bad news: Wilson Palacios is likely to get sold to either Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester City.
    Good news: Manchester United may buy Valencia. With a Cristiano Ronaldo departure and a disappointing Nani, Valencia would have a chance of actually playing and not being relegated to the bench. Either way I'll be glad that he stays in England.

8. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

That is good news, he needs to stay in England. It's the perfect scenario for a player like him.

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Latest rumor: Manchester United makes an £18 million bid for Valencia.

I really hope this one goes through!

Valencia is not on the roster again today versus Aston Villa due to the same hamstring injury.

12. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

why would you want valenica to go to Manu? He's not good enough to play there and keep a starting role. Didn't you watch Liga - Manu in japan? that 18 year old Rafael had only played 8 games for manu and he completely shutdown Bolanos..The big clubs in europe look for the best talent every year damn year and the competition to start is insane. Valencia will be a sidenote if he goes there.

13. John K

John K Member

Nov 8, 2007
  14. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Great decision by Valencia to turn down a move to Real Madrid. A rapidly developing, and currently excellent, player such as himself would be foolish to go to Real Madrid in their current stature. Madrid are too much of a messy, and ever changing club these days, that being a part of them mostly means you go downhill as a player, you no longer develop, or you simply disappear. Valencia has done the right thing by staying at Wigan, this where he will continue to be their star man, will be playing in the best league in the World, and will still develop greatly.
    One day though Valencia will deserve to be playing UEFA Champions League Football, and with Alex Ferguson being a big fan of Valencia, and Valencia's engine, work ethic, and passion, he could make him be a part of Manchester United come the Summer. And who knows Valencia could be filling in the boots of Ronaldo, who could opt to have his career go downhill at Real Madrid.

15. nenito

nenito New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Imagine Valencia in AC MILAN!!!!! :)

AC MILÁN VS. MAN U POR ANTONIO VALENCIA
    | Fecha : 2009-02-12 15:10:00 |
    Todo parecía hecho entre el Wigan Athletic, el Manchester United y Luis Antonio Valencia para el próximo año, sin embargo, un rival de mucho peso le ha salido al paso al elenco de Los Diablos Rojos.

Uno de los rotativos más importantes de Inglaterra, el Daily Mirror, asegura que en la Liga 1 de Italia ha aparecido un rival de enorme peso para los intereses del Manchester United, por llevarse a Luis Antonio Valencia.

Por pedido expreso del entrenador Carlo Acelotti, el elenco del AC Milán de Italia y sus principales dirigentes, analizan muy detenidamente la carpeta del volante de nacionalidad ecuatoriana, “Maravilla” Valencia.

Según dicho medio de comunicación, al entrenador Ancelotti no le hace ninguna gracia el quedarse sin un elemento de la talla de David Bekham (regresará a la MLS en marzo), por lo que ve a Valencia a su reemplazante ideal para el siguiente año.

Por el momento no se puede hablar de un acercamiento oficial entre las partes, pero fuentes muy cercanas al equipo italiano ya han revelado que tratarán de hacerse con los servicios del futbolista.
    (LAOH)

16. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So we've had the giants not just of Europe , but of the planet aiming for Valencia.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Chelsea, now A.C. Milan ... what next??? Barcelona FC??? Inter Milan??

Valencia... you're our golden boy... do us proud where ever you end up ...

17. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Si Antonio lo logra creo que habremos tenido al mejor jugador de la historia del Ecuador, mas que Spencer.....toda una leyenda viviente Valencia:)

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

He'll need some championships to achieve that. Spencer won it all with Pen~arol. And he was the star of the team. It was different times, so it's difficult to compare the achievements. But I would say if Antonio can win at least a few domestic and/or international championships in Europe, and lead Ecuador to at least another World Cup 2nd round, then he would have to start being considered the best ever.

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

No, he's not worth 15 and believe me, Like the article states.. he's been well documented by Ferguson and Ferguson knows his shortcoming especially when it come to playing against the big clubs in the EPL. Palacios had above average performances against the same clubs...And if he is better than Palacios than why did Tottenham didn't want Valencia?? That would have been a perfect club for Valencia instead he's going to a club where they spend $$$ on every single WINDOW TRANSFER getting some of the best players in the world? That doesn't make sense.

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What you want and what you get..Such is life. And that article say IN EXCESS OF 5 MILLION for those who can't read, LMAO..For every article that someone pops up saying he's worth 17-20 Million, I got one stating he's worth under 10 million..and According to Metro, Wigan wanted Tottenham to pay top dollars for Valencia. I guess Tottenham thought he was way overpriced. And someone please remind me who play on the right side for Man U?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/discussions...ider_buying_Antonio_Valencia_~63~-155872.page

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/03/19/manchester-united-set-to-complete-8m-wing-wizard-deal/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...nio-Valencia-to-replace-injured-Joe-Cole.html

22. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

And I love that Fact that you believe every article that says he's worth 17-20 Million+.. time will tell...

[​IMG]

Too easy.

23. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj

Valencia is worth no more than 15 million, at this point. This could change though.

24. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  25. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Wigan boss Bruce reveals Real Madrid, Bayern Munich interest for Man Utd target Valencia

13.05.09 | tribalfootball.com
    Wigan Athletic boss Steve Bruce says Manchester United could face competition from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich for winger Luis Antonio Valencia.
    Bruce told the Wigan Observer: "It's inevitable Antonio will leave, but where he goes I'm not quite sure.
    "There have been no deals done at all. I keep reading that one, but nothing's been done. I believe someone from Real Madrid is flying in for today's game, and I've also heard the Germans – Bayern Munich – have been knocking on the door too.
    "Whether that is true, I don't know.
    "At the end of the season, I'll sit down and have a chat with Antonio. But I know it will be difficult to keep him.
    "We've then got the task of trying to unearth another one. We cannot buy the finished article here, we have to buy potential and work on them."