Select Team for First Time Parents

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by MonagHusker, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer is quickly becoming a passion of mine. Aside from a little FIFA here or some more Football Manager there, I really didn't get into the game until fairly recently. I didn't play nor hold any real interest outside of a World Cup or something. I somewhat arbitrarily selected a club to follow last season (Liverpool) and I've been hooked ever sense.

I have six children. All of them had at least a season or two of micro soccer, but the game didn't take root in my oldest son (football and basketball for him) or my oldest daughter (volleyball). Our next three, all girls, have played multiple seasons of soccer.

The oldest of the soccer playing girls made a "select" team over the summer. It's connected to the rec league she plays in; it's in its infancy and there is a definite attempt to keep costs down; I don't know how many girls went out -- she made the team, but it was small amount. So far the experience has been great -- lots of practices so far and the season is a couple weeks away.

I don't really even know where to start. I think I want to find some kindred spirits or people to chat with about this experience or their own. The Liverpool forum, connected to their main site, I frequent isn't much for off-topic, especially coming from an American without a lot of insight to offer.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I will move this over to that thread!

soccersubjectively repped this.