Seleccion Nacional - Mujeres

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by efernandez9, Jan 17, 2008.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like the women team they don't flop like bitches of Barca

Problem with women is most have 0 shot power. Asian and South American girls basically walk the ball in

2. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So the girls lost 7-0 to the USA . Womp

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Was at the game. They got scored on every 5 minutes for 20 minutes

It's a pro team against a college team and it showed

Don't get how the game was so close at the Wc

4. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To be honest ..USA female team is light years aheaD of the Colombian female team . Wasn't surprised . USA female is like Germany male team , and Colombia female is like Cyprus male team

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I immediately thought of this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay luis and kromekote repped this.
  6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Jill Ellis.

Injuries forced her hand and that was why the US was so much better as the knock out stages progressed.

They look a world better now than they did during the World Cup. Dunn should have been on the World Cup team. Morgan didn't play because she's always injured. Pugh is one of the best on the field and she is 17. A mixture of actually playing certain players and where they are on the field is making a huge difference.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The US women's team was a machine. My nieces enjoyed the game I was like holy shit there no mercy rule. Fun game regardless. Always great to watch live footy

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pibe or another mod can this be sticky to the top.

Any way seems like we might potentially want to host the 2023 WC for Women's :)

Also be a nice way to get ready for the 2026 Men's WC. James will be 34 so his final shot to lift it if he hadn't already tho I am hoping Colombia lift their 3rd World Cup in 2026 :)

9. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ya empesaste con la saladera nojoda, clavaos hasta el 2026....

dapip repped this.
  10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I know we don't really give this thread too much attention but it's becoming more and more apparent that next to Brazil these ladies are a force in South America. And that's along all levels. In the Sub 17 Sudamericano in Feb they lost in the finals vs Brazil (who they had beaten during the group stages) but will still be in the SUb17 WC.

The current Copa America for the senior level that gives 2 WC spots (to be played in France), an Olympic spot and and a spot to Pan American games is currently underway. They are dominating their group and will likely advance as 1st place winners of their group. Only Brazil is showing a clear difference between their rivals. Cool stuff.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 11.21.20 AM.png

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is Colombia the only one with a league?

Hopefully the women this WC can have some sort of shot power. They totally lacked that last time around

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dont think so.......since next year the south american teams that doenst have a women team playing in a leaugue cant participate in libertadores and sudamericana.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Paraguayo_de_Fútbol_Femenino

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primera_División_de_fútbol_femenino_de_Chile

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kind of crazy you would assume they could merge leagues with other countries.

Women’s soccer is massive massive in the US. You go to a league game and it’s all U12 girls and there parents in the stands.

Can’t imagine the crowds are any better in Colombia.

Maybe doing a league with countries near by would be a way to start it up.

The men’s teams in our league sometimes have no one show up to games can’t imagien the women

kromekote repped this.
  14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I follow after the Colombian ladies for several years now. You wouldn't believe how they imrpoved. Today Colombia is no. 2 in the continent and by far. In the last couple of years actually. This tournament so far is going really well, Catalina Usme from America is the top scorer of the tournament with 8(!) goals in 3 matches. And she scores some beauties. It'll be very hard to beat Brazil, but I believe in them. Anyway, the main goal is to qualify to the WC first.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Imnposiible here......Actually because of travel costs......teams are distributed by groups of regions.

upload_2018-4-9_18-2-23.png

sitruc, crzdcolombian and kromekote repped this.
  16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    How is the composition of those teams? Are many dual nationals? I follow a "yank women on foreign nt" thread on the women's board and it has been a while since I've seen an update about Colombia. The Mexican team the US just played twice wasn't a full A team, but 15 of 20 may have been US born and I would contend Mexico has been growing and developing much better talent in recent years.
    Brazil was all alone in CONMEBOL and frankly they still are nowhere near where they should be considering some talent and potential infrastructure they could have had for development. Brazil hasn't taken the strides they should have by now. Colombia could pass them. There is still a big gap after them.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Colombian NT........is full colombian..........Most of the players play in the colombian league in this moment....

But our league have a lot of foreign players as well........

The women is new.........but in schools and universities women teams have been promoted since 20 years ago or even more ( at least in private schools)

kromekote, pibe10, jay luis and 2 others repped this.
  18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Our WNT are very technically skilled. Tactically disciplined as well. They have nothing to be jealous vs the top tier teams (USA, Japan, Sweden). But our women still don't have the athleticism that you see with teams like the USWNT. Speed, agility and strength aren't part of the core for most of our women. That part will take time to train and develop and will be key to moving up to the next level. I would also have to imagine that the Colombian league is looking deeper and deeper in the country for more raw talent.

19. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They beat Peru 3-0 today. :thumbsup:

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    All the 28 women that played that match had a better perfomance than umtiti

kromekote, dapip and jay luis repped this.
  21. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    They guarantee themselves a spot in the PanAmerican games. Now, the next 2 spots in final round of 4 will give berths to Olympics and France WC 2019.

23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Colombian women are choking! They were dominating the match 1-0 ahead and in 3 chances at the Colombian GK, all 3 goals went in. The major weakness, like major, is their GK. Horrible.

24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    loses 1-3 which will mean that their title hopes are all but lost. Only chance they have is to beat Brazil and Chile.

pepinointer repped this.
  25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't agree. Sandra Sepulveda is a good keeper and already proved it. Yesterday Colombia dominated in the first half but scored only one instead of four goals. In the second half Argentina equalised from inside the area after a bad clearance from the defender. Than scored on a counter attack which had nothing to do with the keeper. Maybe the third was her fault because she was outside her goal. But Sepulveda is the last one you can blame. The whole team was totally choked in the second half and it's too bad because we have a great team who could win it.