Seleccion de CHILE (r)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by efernandez9, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    so you guys have a replacement for 'el pelon acosta' in 2007 and pellegrini in 10 more years?!!

very optimistic......el pelon could lost the shine of his bald head in barranquilla! call that replacement for next month action.

2. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Por comentarios como estos es que te ganaste neg rep hace tiempo. Todo lo que escribes no es ni critico, ni constructivo, no se como no te has ganado al menos una tarjeta amarrilla! Te salvas por mantener toda tu ************ en el World Rivalries.

3. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    This forum is for serious, or at least semiserious, discussion.

If you want to talk trash, go to the World Rivalries Forum.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160

Posters who can't behave themselves here can be banned from this forum, yellow carded, or worse

4. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Pellengrini should have been the DT now. But as it turns out he is not coming back to Chile as he does not like how things are ran and looking like at ANFP. I believe he then sign the contract, after Acosta was sign.

Don't me wrong Acosta is great maybe should have never resigned, but coming in now...late in the game it is just as tough it was back in '98.
    Could he pull if off, maybe. Do I want to see it happen, of course!
    Should he be the one to head the next team into 2010, no.
    It will be time to move on - even if he does not fail.

5. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So is it almost a certainty that we play with one forward? In reality I never expected Acosta to try something too risky... he always tries to pay it safe, and that bothers me in an instant like this when we lose nothing by putting on the field a more offensive team.

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think that since Dinho is not playing that definitely provides us with a good chance to get a result.
    Granted both Kaka and Robinho, and Ze Roberto can play-make, Dinho is the master of ceremonies that they need. If Dinho doesn't play the biggest danger is their strikeforce: Adriano and Ronnie.
    I think that our CBs, plus our DMs are gonna have to work extra hard, cuz we may not let Ronaldo turn right away (same with Adriano) but at times when he drops back he finds ways to turn (example the goal against Cadiz), and that's when Acuna and Maldonado are gonna need to force to do something.

7. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Possible starting 11:

G - Tapia--(Should be the last year he plays for Chile, good goalie stiil)

D-Ponce-Fuentes-Contreras--(Ponce could be replaced by Rojas and most likly will, Contreras should be replaced by Perez.)

MF-Meléndez-Maldonado--(excellent Defensive mids with Maldonado pushing up more then Melendez)

MF-Alvarez-Tello-(Alvarez will be the weakest link, should push up a bit, Tello to cover Maldondo or viceversa)

MF-Pizarro--(Has to be the excellent choice to connect with Salas and Pinilla, should play along with Jimenez in the 2nd half of sooner)

F-Salas--(Navia should have been here or on the bench as least. Vamos Matador!)

F-Pinilla--(Should be the last men up front as Salas may go down in the Midfield to help out or viceversa with Pinilla.)

Two forwards will only add pressure to Brasil, playing defensive is too careful and and maybe too risky but this was the way Olmos always played all the his games and did not work out(along with his dumbass changes). Acosta is an offensive DT and knows this is a must win. Chile must play their game and Brasil will try to react to this. Chile plays better when their is more offensive and push up instead of backing up.

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What do you mean Perez should replace Contreras?
    Perez doesn't play stopper :)
    I really hope Ponce doesn't play, I mean he is a rugged no-nonsense defender good enough for the Chilean League but if he plays I think we woud be left exposed wayyyyyy too often. I prefer Rojas and Contreras with Fuentes sweeping.

9. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Acosta confirmó la formación que enfrentará a Brasil
    La selección chilena realizó su última práctica antes de embarcarse rumbo a Brasilia, donde el técnico Nelson Acosta ratificó el 3-5-2 que probó ayer. Pinilla y Salas serán los delanteros.

Fecha edición: 02-09-2005

Este mediodía quedó prácticamente confirmado el equipo de la selección chilena que enfrentará a Brasil, el próximo domingo, por la 16ª fecha de las eliminatorias sudamericanas mundialistas.

La "Roja" realizó hoy, en el Complejo Juan Pinto Durán, su último entrenamiento antes de partir a Brasilia a las 15 horas.

Tal como se observó ayer en el Estadio Nacional, el técnico Nelson Acosta se inclinó por tres hombres en defensa, dos volantes de marca, dos por las bandas, uno para la salida y dos atacantes.

En consecuencia Chile alinearía en el Estadio Mané Garrincha con Nelson Tapia; Luis Fuentes, Ricardo Rojas y Pablo Contreras; Cristián Álvarez, Rodrigo Meléndez, Claudio Maldonado y Rodrigo Tello; David Pizarro; Mauricio Pinilla y Marcelo Salas.

Por ahora la única duda que subsiste es la recuperación de Ricardo Rojas, ya que el zaguero del América de México se recupera de un cuadro febril, por lo que trabaja con el preparador físico Italo Traverso. Su puesto en la práctica lo ocupó Waldo Ponce.

Según reza la programación de la selección, el plantel almuerza, y a las 13:30 horas se dirigirá al Aeropuerto Internacional Arturo Merino Benítez, donde a las 15:00 embarcará en vuelo charter rumbo a Brasilia.

----------------------------------------------

I actually like that line up! It looks that's as offensive as Acosta will get... although I'm much more comfortable with Jimenez playing as an enganche and Pizarro playing a bit back like he does in Inter... but oh well, I can't get too picky.

Either way, what a nice way to spend this sunday. Will probably make some empanaditas and buy a good tinto to match the September mood. :)

10. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

So I was looking at all possible combinations, and if miracles happen, Chile still has a chance to make it to the WC.

"All" they have to do is win the next 2 games... and have the obvious teams win their games. Not being realistic, I know... but can't Ecuador give us a hand? Then I'll have my 2 countries in the WC! :p

11. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You know, in a way I don't feel anxious or anything about the next two games. The resolution of our chances narrow down to two options: if we play at a decent level and thus worthy of a world cup competition, then we will win those last two games. If we lose those last two games, then that obviously means our level is not optimal and we don't deserve to go to the world cup anyways.

Of course, we can't really predict anything at this point. If there's anything about Chile is that they are a rather inconsistant team. I'm still waiting for Acosta to give this group a team identity... a certain style or way of playing. So far, all I've seen is mucha garra (except that game against Brazil where they all looked lost) and little futbol.

I'm rather confident we can beat Ecuador... but that Colombia game will be crucial.

12. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

I think that if Chile beats Ecuador, then the game with Colombia is going to be one of 2 things:

1. Kick asS (so motivated to win that you are going to see the team we haven't seen in years), or
    2. Shameful like with Brazil (they won't handle the pressure of going out to win or win and are going to mess everything up).

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    biobella......colombia y chile es el primer juego....

luego chile cierra en santiago vs Ecuas

14. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Tienes toda la razon... se me atravezaron las fechas. En ese caso, estamos cagados... Colombia tambien esta en la lucha por clasificar y juegan en casa. Adios mundial...

15. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    El juego contra colombia si q va a ser de vida o de muerte.Un empate no nos sirve,asi q hay q salir con todo,aunque va aser un partido muy,muy complicado

16. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Siendo realistas... realmente tenemos posibilidades de ganarle a Colombia?

17. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Claro! Por que no? :)

Se tiene que jugar muy cautamente en Colombia. Si eso significa jugar un poco atras y dejar venir los colombianos un poco ese primer tiempo, bienvenido. Se necesitaria dosificar energias para el segundo tiempo, y asi buscar el partido. Si la defensa chilena juega un partido inteligente como lo ha hecho en otros partidos eliminatorios (no como el partido ante Brasil!) entonces se puede hacer.

En cuanto a jugadores, Nelson Tapia ya no puede ser nuestro arquero. No solo se ve lento, pero tambien se ve falto de confianza. Lo veo jugar en el Junior cuando puedo y en realidad ya no esta a nivel de seleccion. Me gustaria ver mucho a Johnny Herrera como nuestro arquero, un joven con mucha confianza. Hay que traer al pelado Acuna de vuelta! El y Melendez tienen que pelear en el medio campo y le traerian espacio a Pizarro y Jimenez si estos terminan jugando alli.

Son muchas cosas que se deben tomar en cuenta... pero tambien nadie dijo que fuera facil. :)

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ayer le metieron 4 goles a Tapia
    uno fue herror de portero, se dejo bañar de cabeza en area chica. Ademas es el equipo maqs goleado en colombia (mala defensa) Ya hecharon al tecnico!

19. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Yo no creo que Nelson Acosta vaya a llamar a otro arquero. La verdad es que nos falta un arquero bueno (bueno, nos falta el arquero, los defensas y otros 4-5 buenos jugadores... :D).

Me parece que para este partido Chile no solo necesita ordenarse y jugar bien, pero necesita que Colombia juegue mal.

20. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I guess I'll post this here as well! Maybe it'll generate some type of discussion. :)

-------------------------------------

Valdivia y Mirosevic son las novedades en la "Roja"
    El regreso de los volantes fue la principal sorpresa en la convocatoria de Nelson Acosta para los duelos contra Colombia y Ecuador.

Fecha edición: 29-09-2005

Sin grandes novedades se entregó la nómina de la selección chilena para los partidos definitorios ante Colombia y Ecuador. El regreso de Jorge Valdivia y Milovan Mirosevic fue lo más destacado, junto a la vuelta de Reinaldo Navia, que aparece como fijo en la ofensiva junto a Mauricio Pinilla.

En el arco, Acosta citó a los mismos tres porteros que venían siendo convocados y claramente será uno de los últimos puestos en definirse antes de enfrentar a los cafeteros.

Nómina:

Arqueros

Nelson Tapia
    Claudio Bravo
    Jhonny Herrera

Defensas

Moises Villarroel
    Cristian Alvarez
    Rodrigo Pérez
    José Rojas
    Luis Fuentes
    Pablo Contreras
    Ricardo Rojas
    Waldo Ponce

Volantes

Rodrigo Meléndez
    Jorge Acuña
    Claudio Maldonado
    Jorge Ormeño
    Matias Fernández
    Luis Jiménez
    David Pizarro
    Jorge Valdivia
    Milovan Mirosevic

Delanteros

Reinaldo Navia
    Eduardo Rubio
    Mauricio Pinilla
    Patricio Galaz

-------------------------------------

I can honestly say that, right now, we have the best midfield we've had in a long time. I really hope Jimenez plays... even if as a forward, because our list of forwards seems a bit lacking :(

Pinilla still isn't the awesome player he was supposed to be, and Rubio hasn't had enough experience in the national team... although his abilities are unquestionable. Galaz... again? Oh well, I guess we need anybody that can actually play. >_<

21. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

At this point I don't care about who plays, I care about them wining. Sometimes younger/newer players play better in a situation like this, cause they have nothing to lose and everything to win, so they risk it. I'll give Rubio a chance.

22. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

In case anyone wants to know where they play:

Arqueros

Nelson Tapia (Junior de Barranquilla/COL)
    Johnny Herrera (Universidad de Chile)
    Claudio Bravo (Colo Colo)

Defensas

Moisés Villarroel (Colo Colo)
    Cristián Álvarez (River Plate/ARG)
    Rodrigo Pérez (Cobreloa)
    José Rojas (Universidad de Chile)
    Luis Fuentes (Cobreloa)
    Pablo Contreras (Celta de Vigo/ESP)
    Ricardo Rojas (América/MEX)
    Waldo Ponce (Universida de Chile)

Volantes

Rodrigo Meléndez (Estudiantes/ARG)
    Claudio Maldonado (Cruzeiro/BRA)
    Jorge Acuña (Roosendaal/HOL)
    Jorge Ormeño (Universidad Católica)
    Matías Fernández (Colo Colo)
    Jorge Valdivia (Colo Colo)
    Milovan Mirosevic (Racing/ARG)
    Luis Jiménez (Ternana/ITA)
    David Pizarro (Inter de Milán/ITA)

Delanteros

Reinaldo Navia (América/MEX)
    Mauricio Pinilla (Sporting/POR)
    Eduardo Rubio (Universidad Católica)
    Patricio Galaz (Atlante/MEX)

23. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

I guess Rubio will have to wait for his chance to shine. He will most probably not be playing against Colombia due to an injury he had yesterday during a game.

24. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    No Salas? :( thats like Paraguay without Cardozo... he should be there even if he doesn´t play he can make group, like Cardozo did it in Paraguay- Argentina, he is the leader of the Chile NT so he must be there

25. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hey, but at least Cardozo can still play! Salas is almost permanently injured... he's not even ready to play for U de Chile yet! I think the time our national teams stops looking a one player from inspiration it's the time we'll play competitively. It's the sad but honest truth.

Also, pretty sad what happened to Rubio... Humberto Suazo is good, but Rubio was the PERFECT guy for the game against Colombia.