Seleccion de BOLIVIA (r)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    For 21 august friendly with Venezuela:

José Carlo Fernández (Bolívar)
    Carlos Arias (Blooming)
    Miguel Angel Hoyos (Oriente)
    Ronald Raldes (Oriente)
    Eduardo Jiguchi (Wilstermann)
    Oscar Sánchez (Bolívar)
    Marco Sandy (Bolívar)
    Luis Gatty Ribeiro (Bolívar)
    Percy Colque (Bolívar)
    Rubén Tufiño (Bolívar)
    Richard Rojas (The Strongest)
    Gonzalo Galindo (Bolívar)
    Limberg Gutiérrez (Blooming)
    Marco Etcheverry (DC United)
    Javier Guzmán (Wilstermann)
    Joaquín Botero (Bolívar)
    José Alfredo Castillo (Oriente)
    Líder Paz (Oriente)

Soria is interim coach for this game only
    http://www.bolivia.com/noticias/AutoNoticias/DetalleNoticia8087.asp

2. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Seleccion Boliviana

Since qualifiers may begin as early as August, who would you like to see take the field.

Here are my picks: 3-5-2

GK: Gato Fernandez

Defense: Ronald Raldes
    Juan Manuel Pen~a
    Oscar Sanchez

Midfield: Gatti Ribeiro
    Percy Colque
    Erwin Sanchez
    Limberg Gutierrez
    Joselito Vaca

Forwards: J.A. Castillo
    Joaquin Botero

Bench: Carlos Arias, Hugo Suarez
    Gonzalo Galindo, Miguel Mercado, Julio Cesar Baldevieso, Cristian Reynaldo,

I haven't seen Raldes play, but he is highly sought after. I think we need better defenders than Sandy Sanchez duo..but I have no clue who else to put in there.

I really hope Platini has the desire to play for his national team, in the past it was as if he was doing us a favor. I think we need Joselito in there, he has been a forgotten man.

If Gutierrez signs with Bolivar, it would be a great advantage as he will play in the altitude.

I am really excited for the qualifiers, but fear that scrubs like Olivares, Cardenas and Sucha Suarez will continue to be used.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I personally think that Sucha brings something to the sele that no other player has. He is not consistent but I think it merits a place as a sub.

What about José Luis Ortiz who is at Bayern? I haven't heard much about him but he must be in good shape. Also he'll be playing for sub-20 next month. They'll probably televize in Bolivia. Take a look and tell us how he's doing.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would like to see what kind of shape Jaime Moreno shows up in with New York. A healthy Moreno should not be discounted for the National team.

5. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    as promised, some thoughts on the U-20 game against brasil.

i was really excited to watch this game, but by the time i came home, 15 minutes into the game it was already 2-0. bolivia did not make it past the half line until 30 minutes into the game.

oh well.

i was pleased to see some nice one-touch passing and give and go that sometimes we rarely see with bolivian teams.

of course, i was watching to see if we had any potential players for la seleccion mayor.

the two "professional" players arze and ortiz, from newell's in argentina and bayern munich were good when they received the ball. arze is fairly skinny, skinner than vaca and he had some nice back heel and touch passes into open spaces. he did dribble a little too much with his head down. ortiz, i could hardly tell he was on the pitch, he had to drop down and play midfield much of the game.

one player that also has promise was gualberto mujica from wilstermann. he had nice ball control and looked like a young ruben tufin~o..as he also let fly from downtown, but totally shanked two freekicks.

i was disappointed not to see javier guzman. i don't see how a player called up to the senior squad (vs. mexico) could not even crack the starting lineup for a U-20 team.

nevertheless 7-0 is 7-0. brasil toyed with us...and they weren't even that good, relatively speaking. they missed a lot of opportunities and could have been 12-0. we have a long way to go.

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Who's coaching the U20's?

7. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    milton melgar

he will coach the U-17 as well.

8. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    some breaking news:

carlos trucco will be the NT D.T. for the next four months, where they will play two friendlies..

March 19 (i think) vs. Mexico
    May 26 vs. USA

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Any idea where these games will be played?

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bolivia give long-term contract to coach Trucco

LA PAZ, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Bolivia coach Carlos Trucco, who was appointed last week on an interim basis, was given a long-term contract on Thursday.

The former World Cup goalkeeper will take charge until the end of the South American World Cup qualifying competition in 2005 and his contract will be extended to the 2006 tournament in Germany if Bolivia qualify, Bolivian Football Federation (FBF) president Walter Castedo said.

Trucco, who played for Bolivia in the 1994 World Cup when they made their last appearance at the finals, had originally been put in charge for the friendlies away to Mexico in March and the United States in May.

"All I ask is that we are united, which is what happened in 1993 when we qualified for the World Cup in the United States," he said in a television interview.

"We will have to work very hard because the next qualifiers will be very tough."

Trucco returns for a second stint in charge.

He first took over on an interim basis at the end of Bolivia's qualifying campaign for the 2002 World Cup and his team beat Brazil 3-1 in La Paz, then drew 1-1 away to Peru in Lima.

The defeat was Brazil's last until after the 2002 World Cup finals, where they claimed an unprecedented fifth title.

Trucco also stayed on for four friendlies in the first half of last year but was less successful as Bolivia lost 6-0 to Brazil, drew 2-2 with Paraguay, lost 2-1 to Senegal and were beaten 1-0 by Mexico.

He then moved to Mexico to coach first division side Atletico Celaya.

Milton Melgar was less fortunate on Thursday as he was fired as coach of the under-20 and under-17 teams.

His dismissal followed Bolivia's failure to make the final stage of the South American under-20 championship in Uruguay, their results in the first round including a 7-0 drubbing by Brazil.

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Damn,

For once, I think Bolivia will have the forwards to make things happen. I would like to see Moreno have a shot with the National team. I think we will see him playing his best soccer for the next 2 years or so. Castillo and Botero are likely to only get better as they get more experience. All three forwards have blazing speed.

I worry about the Defense. WE dont really have any players that can dominate in the air, or any defenders with blazing speed. The best teams in the world concentrates on defense more then anything else. I dont think we, nor some south american teams, do.

Midfield. I dont know what to say about them. WE are rich with players who have wonderful skill and pin point passes, but we dont have players who have the speed for a consistantly effective counter attack. IN addition, most of our players are pretty small and are easy to push around. We definantly need Platini and Baldiviso back.

All in all, I think there still needs to be work in the Bolivian football program. Players are acquiring the talent, but the nutrition of our youth blows.

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    leonel trucco los trae a practicar vs. mexico en dallas

quien me acompaña? jugaran en el nuevo prado sintetico del estadio de los dallas cowboys.

La ultima ves que usaron ese estadio fue mx vs costa rica y fueron 27k en 1991.....

el ultimo juego de boliv vs MX fue hace un año 1-0 a favor de los manitos

13. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Milton Coimbra
    Jose Alfredo Castillo
    Joselito Vaca

creo que son los seguros..

El Diablo? quizas

Oriente, The STrongest, Bolivar no han dado permiso para prestar sus jugadores

La mayoria del equipo sera de Wilstermann y Aurora.

Javier Guzman
    Hugo Suarez
    Luis Reyes

El Sabado dicen que van a entregar la lista de jugadores.

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Y Jaime Moreno?

15. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    roster:

1. Hugo Suárez Wilstermann

2. Diter Alquiza Blooming

3. Sergio Jáuregui Blooming

4. Wilson Escalante Oriente

5. Yonny Nai Aurora

6. Ronald Arana Oriente

7. Ronald Raldes Oriente

8. Doyle Vaca San José

9. Limbert Méndez Wilstermann

10. Lorgio Álvarez Oriente

11. Gualberto Mojica Wilstermann

12. Raúl Gutiérrez Blooming

13. Diego Bengolea San José

14. Javier Guzmán Wilstermann

15. Richard Rojas San José

16. Joselito Vaca Dallas Burs

17. Carlos Suárez Blooming

18. Augusto AndaverisSan José

19. Roger Suárez Oriente

20. José A. Castillo Tecos

The only ones I want to see anywhere near the pitch for the first qualifying games is Vaca, Castillo, Raldes and I would love to see Hugo Suarez take over for el Gato sooner rather than later..

16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Is that the line up against Mexico?

Any predictions here? I love Bolivia, but with the limited time we have to practice, it's very unlikely we win this match. I dont think Mexico is the better team. Iit sucks that the last 2 times Mexico has face BOlivia, the team was either jet lagged or just getting to know one another.

17. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Leonel Trucco reportedly will leave the seleccion and head for Pachuca. He must have really gotten tired of the Bolivian run-around.

18. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    reportedly his salary is increasing from 12K per month to over 85K per month.

how about when you call players into camp, only half of them show up (cough cough oriente)

new topic:

limberg gutierrez is FAT

discuss.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    lista para hoy?

any predictions?

joselito vacca, ayer en el programa de radio con andres cantor, dice que tuvo que salir con algunos de sus companeros a comprar zapatillas, pues no sabian que el suelo de la cancha era sintetico, y en el entranamiento de ayer estaba un poco resbaladizo.

como es posible que entrenador y federativos no se percaten de esto, 2 semanas atras?

20. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    El caos actual de la Federacion hace que nadie se sorprenda de nada.

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Los dirigentes de la FBF son boludos. :mad:

22. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    P U A

victor pua, the former coach for uruguay, is one of the 2 finalists for the bolivian national team job.

i recally he had a big problem with the players..can anyone fill me in on what that was about? and whether players like playing for him?

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    otro nombre en la paleta de negocios es el vasco asKargorda (sp...?) el que los llevo a usa94

24. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: P U A

The players like Azkargorta. As a matter of fact, Azkargorta was asked by Peña (or some other player) if he could toss his name in the ring.