Seleccion COLOMBIA (r)

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by sidspaceman, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    en los dos ultimos dos partidos, Rodallega ha puesto el primero y metido el segundo, todos los goles del Quindío pasan por el.

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Draw for the U-20 WC.

Group A (Kerkrade):
    Holland
    Japan
    Benin
    Australia

Group B (Utrecht):
    Turkey
    China
    Ukraine
    Panama

Group C (Doetinchem):
    Spain
    Morocco
    Honduras
    Chile

Group D (Enschede):
    Argentina
    United States
    Germany
    Egypt

Group E (Tilburg):
    Colombia
    Italy
    Syria
    Canada

Group F (Emmen):
    Brazil
    Nigeria
    Korea Republic
    Switzerland

3. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colombia got an easy group, in my opinion & when compared with the USA.

Syria & Canada should not be a major problem for the cafeteros & I see Colombia finishing first or second behind Italy.

Should be fun to see what "Rodagol" can do on a world stage!!

Any chance that Univision, Galavision or Telemundo will show Colombia's games??

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Argentina and Brazil got tougher groups than Colombia at least in paper. Italy is not particullary strong at this level, if I read right they've not been in the U-20 UC in several years. Canada seems weak and Syria a question mark. Odd enough the Italian coach didn't know about Colombia, which I think is good for us.

Lets hope that manitos show the tournament, but it seems far-fetched since "El Poderosisisisisisimo Tri:rolleyes: " did not qualify. Maybe GolTV.

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Telemundo will have it, they already made the announcement....they had the latter stages last WC.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    for colombia it paid to be 'cabeza de serie'
    head of the grp for being conmebol champs!

argentina and germany? wow.....
    who is the euro champ in this category? same question for african or asian, if you guys can pitch in....some education to this red Indian....

7. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Spain is the Euro champ (Turkey 2nd), Nigeria is the African champ (Egypt 2nd), and S. Korea is the Asian champ (China 2nd I believe).

8. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Italians suck in this category... they've only been to quarter-finals in the past, and this is only their 4th participation. You're gonna tell me they can beat Brazil, tie with Argentina 2x, and win the South American championship, but can't take 1st place out of their group...I would be VERY dissapointed.

9. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point taken. I'm just saying that Italy CANNOT be dismissed as a challenger. Their futbol pedigree is strong & must not be underestimated.

However, I do agree that as good as Colombia looked in the U-20 South American championships, they are MORE than capable of winning the group...if not the U-20 WC!!!!

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we gotta to win it, or at least get 2nd place now, no win it.........

11. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Colombia should take the next step and make it to the final, anything less will be disappointing. I remember even when they placed 3rd last time, many of the broadcasters thought they played the best futbol. Question is who will they meet in the final. Maybe an all South American final.

12. Quick Kick

Quick Kick Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Miami, FL
    I agree Colombia has to take the next step in terms of growth and win a FIFA sanctioned event. This will help build confidence in the younger players, which will translate well when they get an opportunity with the big team.

13. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it probably be just like last time, I hope, last time the last 4 were Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, and Spain....4 brothers.

14. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Exactly and who says European soccer is better. It was great to see that hopefully Colombia will be in the final instead of 3rd place game. I would like to see them play against Argentina in the final since they are the rivals to me, but I don't know how the draw to the final rounds will go.

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A young and relatively inexperienced U.S. Men's National Team controlled the match and cruised past Colombia 3-0 in front of 7,086 fans at Titan Stadium tonight to extend its record unbeaten streak to 15 games. The impressive run dates back to a 0-1 loss to Holland on Feb. 18, 2004 and includes a record of 10-0-5 (including 2-0-0 in 2005).

Defender Chad Marshall scored in his full international debut when he headed home a cross from ussoccer.com Man of the Match Steve Ralston in the 33rd minute, eight minutes after midfielder Pat Noonan finished a rebound of a Ralston chip to score in his first start for the U.S.

Forward Clint Mathis finished the scoring by swerving in a corner kick that was mishandled by the Colombian ‘keeper in the 66th minute. It was his first goal for the U.S. since January 18, 2003, a surprising span of 17 matches.

[​IMG]

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

ridiculous result. 3-0 is shameful...I don't care if it's the "Z" team from Colombia. Rueda needs to be very careful that these type of results do not demoralize the Colombian squad "A-Z".

17. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this time I think it was more of a time issue, he had to grab whatever player he could, but he did make some obvious mistakes at picking some of them.....hopefully for the next matches and Gold Cup he will be more careful.

18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Several problems (I'm gonna sound like the mexies, when they lose):

1. Was not a Fifa matchday, therefore most players were not available.

2. It was a Visa/No game on Libertadores/LT team. As Pibe said, who is available, who has visa, lets get on the plane and play. (America, DIM played, Mexicans didn't loaned their players, some teams played in Colombia).

3. USA - Major League soccer is off, meaning that a lot of this players are training with the USA team, they know each other and they've had time to get used to each other.

"Arena Calls 22 Players to Begin Preparations for World Cup Qualifiers Against Mexico and Guatemala[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]CHICAGO (February 23, 2005) —U.S. Men’s National Team manager Bruce Arena has called 22 players into camp to begin preparations for the upcoming FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Mexico on March 27 and Guatemala three days later. Kickoff at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City is set for 12 p.m. CT live on ESPN2 & Telemundo, while the match against Guatemala is set for 7 p.m. CT on March 30 at Legion Field in Birmingham, Ala. Fans can follow both matches live on ussoccer.com’s MatchTracker, presented by Philips Electronics."

4. Rueda tried that 3 defenders formation, but one thing is to play with Perea, Yepes and Cordoba, or even with , than Orozco, Aquivaldo y Fawcett.
    5. Henao is no longer NT material, we need to try a different keeper, Mondragon, Breitner, after those who? Patiño? Perez?

COL: 1-Juan Carlos Henao; 5- Andrés Orozco, 3- Aquivaldo Mosquera (2-Julián De La Cuesta, 46), 6-César Fawcett (4-Humberto Mendoza); 17-Juan Ramirez (Capt.; 16-Héctor Hurtado, 46), 7- Edixon Perea (13-Andrés Casañas, 46), 10-Victor Pacheco (14-Hugo Rodallega, 61), 21-John Restrepo, 19-Camilo Zúñiga (23-John Viáfara, 46), 18-Luis Gabriel Rey (8-Aldo Ramírez, 77).

19. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    although I know you're right, no excuses! Mendoza is aweful in the back. Breitner is horrible. Mondragon IS our true #2. Orozco makes me laugh. Restrepo is on and off.

Play the youngsters ONLY next time. And when oh when, IS VIAFARA GOING TO LEAVE THE NT....He is THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER EVER....

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's not overrated perse. He was playing very well for Caldas until he was declared the MVP of Libertadores Finals. Now he's playing with the Weight of a Corolla in his head!!!!:D He needs to go back to what made him great, sacrifice, hunger, now he seems like he's a public employee.

21. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dude, he's OVERRATED. He's had some good games but he's AWEFUL most of the time...see the last Copa America.

He gets sent off by refs a TON OF TIMES... he's got guts, but to be called to the NT every time gets me furious!

22. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I couldn't agree more.The guy is extremely overrated.

23. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Dapip, I am siding with you, I don't think he is overrated, just needs to focus some more, get back to work. My overrated national team players(doesn't mean they don't kick ass on their clubs or their teams) are Giovanni, Angel( I won't give up on him yet, but he has got to produce. I would like to know if Rueda will call up more Colombia based keepers to try them out, for #2 or #3 keeper. Despite the public opinion in here, I am still a Henao fan. I would like to see Arzuaga get a chance though. Who would you guys rather have for keeper. Mondragon, Calero? Or for that matter, forwards, assuming we play a 4-4-2. 2 starting forwards. I think we are all in consensus for most of our midfield and backline with the likes of Manny, Amaranto, I Cordoba, Yepes, and yes Gio. I am still a big Pacheco fan, even though he has been on the team forever, he still keeps possession and makes good decisions.

24. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Almost forgot Vargas, he is definitely a midfield starter. What happened to Aguilar and Anchico, I liked their performances.

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    NT keepers right now:
    #1 - Calero (this guy hasn't messed up yet)
    #2 - Mondragon (having a great season in Turkey)

if Cordoba hadn't quit we would have a #3, but then Calero wouldn't have been called up.

Future: u-20
    Libis Arenas (La Sombra trained this guy good)
    Landazuri (needs to start playing again)

possible keepers:
    "Neco" Martinez (Santa Fe)- This guy is good, he needs to start training with Zape
    Breiner (Auscas)- this guy is good, kinda still has the wild young mentality that Cordoba had when he was young, and Zape fixed.
    Keeper from Pereira - That guy is impressive
    David (DIM) - has potential, needs Zape training

Colombia is the land of keepers, we have to keep that tradition alive

Yes - viafara is overrated, look what he did in Ecuador, after that game he shouldn't have been called up again
    Yes - I too still have hope for Henao, but for Santos not on Colombia, although Rueda will probably use him for Gold Cup or maybe Calero
    Yes - Angel is getting on everyone's nerves, but the guy is good, once he start scoring he'll become our favorite again.