Selección de PARAGUAY, Pt. IV (R)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Dan-ny-m398, Feb 23, 2011.

1. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand why Paraguay never gets any respect. They have very talented players and the team has been on an upward trend for the past few years. It is actually remarkable that in a country with a small population and few resources they can manage to put together a truly global team. People hating on Paraguay just shows how much lack of logic and intelligence they have because those who don't like the style are those after instant gratification and great things don't come easy or cheap. When people on Univision mention Colombia as being a top team and forget Paraguay it is a bit disturbing since they have been absent for a decade; and these are the experts. I love Paraguay and I suffer through all of these scoreless minutes, plus extra time and penalties, but I would not change the final for anything. No one forces you to watch and if you don't like the style of play don't watch; just don't hate on Paraguay cause your team isn't there.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I think it has a lot to do with the media picking a Narrative and sticking to it, They picked Venezuela as being the surprise of the tournament a team that display such a wonderful football and deserved to be in the finals, even though in my opinion Peru is the surprise of the tournament Peru a team that was hopeless for decades and now looks like a team that can give you a run for your money in the WCQ but the media ignores that and are sticking to Venezuela, then they talk about how Venezuela deserved to be in the finals and were just unlucky, totally ignoring the fact that they got just as lucky as Paraguay when they played against Chile.

The media Picked Paraguay as the Anti-football team a team that just defends for 120 minutes and hopes for penalties Paraguay played a pretty good first stage and got unlucky that was not able to win any games even though we dominated Ecuador, Brazil and were up 3-1 against Venezuela but who cares that doesn't fit the narrative they are telling us.

Paraguay has played two horrible games against Brazil and Venezuela and yes we have been lucky in the last 2 games, but we are not the first team in History to have gotten lucky in a tournament , there is also the idea that we didn't even try to win, we were just hoping for the PK's against Venezuela that's complete BS if you watch the game you can clearly see that it was the Venezuelan players wasting time in the first half and faking injuries, when we had the ball and with one man down in Overtime they had more opportunities and it was a good decision to try to get to penalties at that point.

I'm pretty surprised to see all the hate against Paraguay for playing 2 horrible games, Paraguay has been a pretty competitive team for the last 15 years we went to Play head to head against Argentina and Brazil in their own turf we went head to head against the world champions and now all of the sudden we are afraid of Venezuela? c'mon we had a terrible game that doesn't mean we were just hoping for the PKs against Venezuela.

3. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    someone posted this on facebook, I think is hilarious .

Venezuela va a laura en america! Señorita laura eran 11 uno de ellos me atajo y cinco me lo metieron destruyeron mi vida señorita laura!! Y laura sin pensarlo 2 veces grita que PASE LA SELECCION PARAGUAYAAAA.

4. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ohh yes Argentina please take him! We'l gladly give him to them with a red bow on his head.

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    People see what they wanna see, remmember there where people saying Paraguay bunkered vs Japan when it was clearly the other way around?

6. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
  7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Great piece! But he also forgot to mention the part where Villar got injured again at the last Copa America and missed yet another important tournament, how we had a legit goal dissallowed in the first qualifiers game vs Peru that cost us 2 points, how we lost to Chile because we literally had half our team unjustfully suspended vs Ecuador in the game before by a shady and incompetent referee.

We've been one of the unluckiest teams for years, now a little luck comes to our side for once and people bitch and moan about it. :rolleyes:

8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No te preocupes en 6 meses la gente solo recordara que la final fue Paraguay Uruguay...

9. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
  10. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Farias estaba buscando sus respetos ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NAaosSTrA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NAaosSTrA[/ame]

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's still bitching about it too saying Paraguay should be disciplined eventho it was him and his scumbag players that started everything. :rolleyes:

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This team is a complete disaster, if Martino doesnt quit or get fired after this, I'm boycotting the team until he goes.

the fat fvk Ortigoza has been nothing but a liability, utter garbage of a player, the fact that he's playing over Estigarribia is a complete joke.

fvk you Martino for ruining what could have been a great team.

13. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Copa America is over and we got a very well deserved ass kicking, Martino is a dlck he made so many mistakes in this tournament that I don't even know where to start, I hope he takes the Job in Qatar and we can all move on

Everything points to Chiqui Arce taking over, I"m not so sure that he is the guy we need but whatever I think he is the Only candidate anyways.

It would have been better if he left right after the world cup, now with 2 month till the WCQ we have to start a new process, there is a lot of guys that will most likely not be called anymore, I'm not sure if chiqui was one of the guys bitchlng about the Argentinos in the NT if he was, there goes Santana, Ortigoza and Barrios, Roque and his injuries have to go too, same goes for Vera maybe RIveros also. The good news is that our back court is staying and even though they look like crap today they should be enough to get us a good 15 points in the first round of the WCQ, we'll know more this week.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    danY 398..... hay bronca hoy en dia y entiendo la frustracion

pero martino tiene lo suyo!!

estar seguiro que cambiarlo es un paso al frente? si vos jugando la final no es tas contento con el DT

Ahora entiendo medio pais colombiano en el tema del bolillo o ecuaTORIANO -rUEDA y querer echarloS

15. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Lo que pasa es que Martino ya choco contra una Pared con Paraguay y los errores vienen desde hase rato ya, fue muy criticado ya antes de la copa por jugar mal y por no llevar los jugadores que estan pasando por el mejor momento haviendo muchos que ya estan mejores ademas el tema que el tipo se quiere ir en Qatar creo que le ofrecen como 3 millones al anio hasi que mejor que se vaya nomas.

16. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not only that but he starts Zeballos and Marecos in the final, those 2 didnt play a single game in the tournament and now all of a sudden they start in the final?

Sad thing is people in Paraguay are waiting for them with open arms, they are just happy they made the final without looking at the big picture.

I refuse to watch this team anymore aslong as Martino is there, I'm just sick of the same ol shit with Ortigoza and Caceres losing balls and sending pelotazos to the air, Vera fouling at anything that moves, Martinez a midfielder being put on as a striker and stinking it up, and Martino saying "tenemos que mejorar" over and over again.

MAJOR changes need to be done and I won't be watching anything this selecion does until they are made.

17. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    When Martino leaves, how will he rate among all of the managers the NT has ever had?

18. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    martino the one that took us to Africa, I would say one of the best, martino the one that is thinking about petro dollars in qatar not the same.

19. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I saw that last night and It was mainly woman and teen girls going to see Roque and Villar most sprot fans are mad as hell , They had a poll today at a radio station an 80% of the people want Martino gone.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I heard on the radio today that he makes so much money in the Middle east that they doubt he would leave that for a Coaching job in SA also Chiqui said yesterday that he is interested in the job and for years now everyone has been going on and on about how great of a coach he is.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chiqui Arce is a gamble, he has done a great job with Rubio Nu but the NT is a whole nother ballgame.

He does know the team well, hey he played for them not long ago at all maybe he could be the guy to get Paraguay to play how they should be and what players should be on the team.

23. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    It looks like we got ourselves a new enemey, I personally never gave half a shlt about beating Venezuela, but after all this trash talking, I'm really going to enjoy leaving them out of the WC this time around.

Venezolanos resentidos crean fan page insultando a Paraguay

La Copa América terminó y Paraguay es subcampeón, pero los que aún no pueden digerir la derrota son algunos hinchas venezolanos, que en ataque de mediocridad crearon una fan page, ahora ya eliminada, denominada “Paraguay el planeta de los simios mutantes”.

http://www.abc.com.py/nota/venezolanos-resentidos-crean-fan-page-insultando-a-paraguay/

24. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Everyone in PY is asking for chiqui or a Paraguayan coach there has always been a disconfort with Tata and the "Argentinos" in the NT and now that Martino will leave the fans expect someone from PY that will only play what people in PY consider Paraguayos, I doubt they will go and spend all the money for Fossati and have the fans mad, when the APF can make the fans happy by getting a coach that everyone in PY considers an excellent coach for a third of the price.

25. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm personally not too comfortable with Chiqui Arce as coach, I dont think he has enough experience to coach the NT.

There are also talks of Gregorio Perez altought I believe Fossati would be the best choice between all of them.