Selección de PARAGUAY, Pt. IV (R)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Dan-ny-m398, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very unlucky tournament for Paraguay,

Hardest group, giving up 2 last minute goals, and now Brasil again.

2. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Damn it!!! , I can't believe we couldn't hold a 2 goal lead for 5 minutes against Venezuela, we were known for being able to hold a 1 goal lead for 89 minutes against the best in the world.

I don't know how we can get past Brazil on sunday, the morale of the team is as low as it can be and Martino seems to have run out of ideas, I think he wants out after the Copa America and right now I don't really care if he leaves.

We have to make some changes for the next game, I think Aureliano Torres have been a complete waste of space every free kick and corner kick has been short and he sucks on defense, Riveros has been a useless bum despite the 3rd goal and I will like to see Zevallos coming in earlier for Lucas and I want Santana to start the next game I'm sick of Vera chocking in front of the goal and we need someone like Santana el no Arruga same with Piriz

I yelled at Ortigoza for giving up the first goal I will keep him as a starter simply because there is no one else that can pass the ball we should have taken Gaona Lugo, Samudio and even Dos Santos he had a decent Libertadores and he is much better than Ortigoza.

3. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    I think it's the hair, man

WTF? is that him in this video?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNhgH17KGYw&feature=player_embedded"]‪2011 Copa America - Paraguay vs Venezuela 2-1 - Lucas Barrios Goal (July 13 2011)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

go the the 0:44 mark

:D

4. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I really hope he does leave, everyones been blinded that Martino took us to the QF at the WC but in reality the man is clueless about who should be playing. I told you not taking Gaona Lugo was gonna bite him in the ass, the kid has everything that our midfielders besides Estigarribia don't have. The fact that he took Ortigoza and a broken down and angry Vera instead of Gaona Lugo was a crime.

Brasil woke up now and you can probably expect another 6-0 exit to the Copa America.

Adios Martino, bring in Chiqui Arce!

lol thats not him, thats his assistant. Martino wasent there, he was sent off by our good friend Wilmer Roldan in the last game.

5. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Ya se de donde viene la palabra paraguay...de paraguas, que excusadera, ahora son las victimas, despues de que han manejado la mafia del futbol por anhos...

6. bigshow

bigshow Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Memphis,Tn
    For Latin Pride & Danny:

3 Questions

Why isn't fernandez or barreto playing instead of villar?

Why Tata replace Piris at RB?

How good is Silvio Torales?

Fourth Question

Who are the top Paraguayan prospects?

7. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Que te paso loco? un Paraguayo te quito la mujer tuya? o algun Paraguayo te dio una paliza? por todos lados estas llorando contra nosotros, en fin te cuento que me junte con los otros miembros de la mafia Paraguaya y decidimos que por culpa tuya Colombia no asistira al mundial en el 2014 para completar 16 anios de ausencia en los mundiales.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

1. Villar hasn't done anything to lose his spot and usually Villar has performed pretty well, I think Barreto is ready to take over and is much better than Villar but I think Martino is gotten lazy and is just going with what he knows.

2. Don't know why he didn't keep playing Piris, it goes back to Martino just being lazy and running out of Ideas and just going back to the guys that Played the World cup.

3. I have no Idea how good Torales is.

4. Top prospects right now I would say, Piris, Miguel Samudio, Rodrigo Alborno, Gaona Lugo you will not find any Messis or Agueros in that bunch but there is a bunch of very talented players that will help any team and the NT stay competitive for the next few years.

9. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I think Martino is a good coach and he did a good job in the world cup and if players performed up to what their capabilities are we could have gone further.

My problem with Martino is not only that he is not calling the right people but he is not motivating the players or correcting the mistakes they are making, to give you an example Aureliano Torres has ruined Paraguay's "juego aereo" every single Corner kick and free kick has come short in the last 3 games even the one that Riveros scored on, was short Riveros managed to get to it but it wasn't a good centro and still Torres has been in charge of taking every single one weather is from the left or the right side of the field.

Martino didn't take some of our best players because it seems like he doesn't want to start the process over, when he can just call people that already knows and they know what he wants, people like Vera, Riveros, Torres and Edgar Barreto have no business being in the NT anymore.

I think Martino is having second thoughts about staying in Paraguay for another 4 years and he is thinking about all the money he can go make in Qatar or whatever country is the one that offered him 2 million $ a year.

10. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I don't know about Chiqui Arce being the coach we need right now, he is a good coach but we need someone that can take us to the next level someone like Bianchi that is not just all about tactics and drills he is more of a motivator but he turned down Argentina and Boca so I doubt he would come to Paraguay but, I want someone like him.

I would like to see Nery Pumpido take over if Martino decides to leave, he did a great Job in Olimpia this year, until fat asss recanate started messing with the team and messed everything up, he took 15 guys that never played together and made them perform like the had been playing together for years.

One thing that I heard about pumpido when he took over Olimpia in 02 is that the first day he showed up to be introduced to the team he started talking about how they were going to win the Libertadores that year and this was a brand new team that had bearly qualified for it and all season long he kept telling them how they were going to win it so when they got to the finals all the players were not surprised or scared, even when they lost the first game in Paraguay they never panicked and they ended up wining it.

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shut up Colombian, you out of all people should love Leoz, he loves Colombia over his own country and always gives you 3 gift points last day of qualifiers for his dear wife and even then you still cant qualify :p

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I gotta disagree with you on Riveros, aside from Estigarribia he's been our best midfielder and knows how to score something the other midfielders even Estigarribia don't do.

I agree with you on Pumpido, I believe he would do well with the NT but question is, would he go?

Here's hoping for a goleada on sunday, hope Martino and his buddies don't let the door hit them on the way out.

13. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    10 years ago I would have been running around the streets celebrating this victory, but I have come to expect a lot more from the NT and I think there was no reason for us to play like this today, this is not France 98 we are much better than this and I think Martino should get his head back into the game, he should have not taken out Ortigoza as fat and slow as he is his passing makes a big difference in the team, Aureliano torres again today taking the free kicks and corners, I hope he is out for the next game, and if Lucas keeps sucking he should give Zeballos a chance.

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Santana should be starting over both Topo and Ortigoza.

And Zeballos should not be starting anywhere theres a huge difference between scoring in the Paraguayan league to scoring in international games and Zeballos is not in that level, Lucas is not the problem, our lack of good midfielders are which is why Gaona Lugo would have been extremely useful but braindead Martino didnt even call him.

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  16. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    What a shameful display we have put this Copa America, Martino alone took all the respect we have earned in the last 10 years nobody remembers how we play Brazil in the first game or Ecuador or Spain in the world cup, now according to everyone we are a team that just sits back and hopes to get to penalties and it's understandable if you are not Paraguayo you probably don't know that Martino is just not doing his job because he wants out and Fu.ck him everyone in PY wants him out now too.

17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tell me about it but those Venezuelan players where scumbags.

I cant believe were in the final with the way were playing tho. Martino has to be the luckiest coach in history.

I'm so tired of them saying "Tenemos que mejorar" and yet no improvement is ever done.

18. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    F@ck them!! I think is their coach that got the players all pumped up with this whole I want respect thing because all of them kept repeating the same thing, I can give 2 shlts about them all the so call respetos they think they won they will lose them in the eliminatorias I can't wait to go to venezuela and snatch those 3 points from them as usual.

19. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Do you still think Lucas Barrios has to be a starter?. Martino tried his best today to lose the game, Roque a Hurt stigarribia and Osvaldo Martinez? u serious Osvaldo Martinez? didn't Hernan Perez have a good game last time around and he decides to put in an injured Estigarribia and same thing with Roque.

If we win against Uruguay in any way even a tie which I doubt we can pull off an upset against them, I think it will be worth it because no one will remember this embarrassment in a couple of weeks but if we don't win I will rather have been eliminated in the first round than having to go through this embarrassment.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol their just amargos, we eliminated them twice from world cup qualifying and now from the copa america.

I think their heads got a lil bit too big for their shoulders because they where performing above expectations and yeah we played bad but in the end they couldnt beat us playing bad, down a man and down 2 coaches so fack them.

21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Man there is a lot of hate towards Paraguay everywhere you look, it's actually kind of fun, I understand how they think we are just playing like this on purpose jajaj we are just SUcking in this tournament man will they get a surprise when the Eliminatorias start again and we have a new coach and we call the right players.
    It's kind of fun to see Paraguay finally having some luck how many times have we seen Argentina getting lucky and same with Brazil maybe it's our turn to get lucky for a change, the difference is that we admit it, if it was Argentina they would be saying how great the defense is and if it was Brazil they would say they are not dancing Zamba but it's still beautiful anyways jaja.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly, when other teams do it its called "playing smart" when Paraguay does it its ugly. :rolleyes:

Let people hate, noone talks about how well Paraguay played in the group stages and how they should have won all 3 games and now that we finally get some luck for once people wanna hate, in a way Brasil and Venezuela got their "final destinations" because they should have lost in the group stages.

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    haters gonna hate unfortunately

24. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No hate from my end. A lot of people want to compare this Paraguay with Greece that won the Euro. In all fairness to Paraguay, Greece doesn't even come close to what Paraguay does on a regular basis.

Qualifying to 4 straight WCs from the most difficult confederation, and finishing among the best 8 in S.Africa speak for themselves.

25. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Martino es Candidato a dirigir argentina, jajaj I hope he takes the job in Argentina.