Selección de PARAGUAY, Pt. IV (R)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Dan-ny-m398, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Go ahead and congratulate yourselves (you and Danny) about how accurate your predictions were...ha!
    Look nobody cares about Olimpia's fans' hard feeling against Cerro Porteno in this place, so you guys look silly with that conversation. The last line in a Pink floyd's song "Two suns in the sunset" clearly says ...'we were all equals in the end' ...and I mean The End.
    What is the fight about? In a topic dedicated to Seleccion de Paraguay you are talking nonsense about a domestic rivalry. If you live in Paraguay, aren't your tired of it?, if you are living abroad, why do you keep that hate in you? And I am asking, I believe, a polite question to 2 smart people who have seen so many people's life crashed. Paraguay is too small to live divided. You can hate all you want during that 90 minutes that the paraguayan superclasico lasts, before and after the game we should all pull together as a team to whatever makes Paraguay stronger.
    Wait... Libertad is playing tonight... I wish them the best... Go ahead Libertad... Go ahead Ciclon... Right now you are carrying the flag for the sake of my country.

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Never really said any words of hate, I look at it as friendly/joking smack talk.

Cerritas hate Olimpistas more then the other way around, remember the shooting of that kid? Not to mention the numbers of problems their hinchas have caused.

But if you look at the Libertadores thread I gave Cerro props for the huge comeback against Colo Colo and was even pulling for them against Estudiantes.

Goodluck on the classico this weekend, hope Cerro is well rested from their trip to Argentina. ;) :D

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    It's so hard to cheer for teams like Libertad and YES even cerro, It really pisses me off to see Libertad choke year after year, I wouldn't mind it as much if they lost to a team that was simply better than them, but to get embarrassed like this by a really good team, but not a superior team , that is just infuriating.

This is getting old for Libertad already, They have dominated the Paraguayan league since 2004 I think, they have had the best players money can buy, they have had the best youth program in Paraguay for almost a decade and yet the best they can do is this? maybe they should try wearing they white and black shirt sideways make it an Olimpia shirt, we won libertadores with teams half as good as what libertad has right now.

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm not surprised, their not exactly sweeping through the league right now.

What's more frustrating is to see Nacional do so well only to know their probably gonna embarrass themselves at the Libertadores.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
  9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Depor to the 2nd division.

Shiit, Morel and Haedo in the 2nd division? Haedo might get lucky and be sold to a 1st division team (Sevilla?) hopefully Morel goes to a better team also.

Luckily for Da Silva, Zaragoza won their game and stayed in La liga, Da Silva played all game.

10. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Morel is done, he really has no business being in the NT anymore, there are guys like Samudio, Piriz and some others I can't remember their names that are ready for the NT.

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    List for games vs Bolivia

http://www.ultimahora.com/notas/431639-Tata-llama-a-23-jugadores-para-amistosos-ante-Bolivia

Arqueros:
    Justo Villar (Valladolid, España)
    Joel Silva (Guaraní (Paraguay)

Defensores:
    Paulo Da Silva (Zaragoza, España)
    Marcos Cáceres (Racing, Argentina)
    Antolín Alcaraz (Wigan Athletic, Inglaterra)
    Darío Verón (Pumas UNAM, México)
    Aureliano Torres (San Lorenzo, Argentina)
    Miguel Samudio (Libertad, Paraguay)
    Elvis Marecos (Guaraní, Paraguay)

Volantes:
    Víctor Cáceres (Libertad, Paraguay)
    Cristian Riveros (Sunderland, Inglaterra)
    Néstor Ortigoza (San Lorenzo, Argentina)
    Jonathan Santana (Kayserispor, Turquía)
    Enrique Vera (Liga de Quito, Ecuador)
    Edgar Barreto (Atalanta, Italia)
    Hernán Pérez (Villarreal, España)

Delanteros:
    Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn Rovers, Inglaterra)
    Osvaldo Martínez (Monterrey, México)
    Orlando Gaona Lugo (Boca Juniors, Argentina)
    Nelson Haedo Valdez (Hércules, España)
    Marcelo Estigarribia (Newell's Old Boys, Argentina)
    Lucas Barrios (Borussia Dortmund, Alemania)
    Federico Santander (Toulouse FC, Francia)

Looks like Toro Acuna is also gonna be called for a farewell game

http://www.abc.com.py/nota/roberto-acuna-se-despedira-de-la-albirroja-en-junio/

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This reserve team is the exact opposite of the starting team, good attacking but terrible defending and even worse goalkeeping.

Someone give fat boy Silva a cheeseburger and get him out of the game, what a shitty keeper, can't catch a single freakin thing.

13. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I always hated Dasilva, when he was linked to Liverpool he went on an eating binge, U can't be a 21 year old proffesional soccer player with a weight issue, I like Gaona lugo, and Zapallos is doing alright I guess, I hope to see Tobias Bargas in the second half and hopefully not get embarrass as usual when we play friendlies.

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We where doing well until fatty gifted them a 4th goal.

He's definitely been the MOTM for Argentina.

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Seriously what was the point of calling Vargas if he wasn't even gonna be used? Joel Silva is a joke, he's not even a starter for Guarani but he gets to start for the NT??

Don't really think 4-2 reflects the whole game, we actually played well in the 2nd half and could have tied the game if fat bastard didn't gift them that 4th goal.

Zeballos, Gaona Lugo, and Cristaldo played well and Molinas wasen't too bad either.

16. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'm pretty sure they will use Tobias Vargas for the game against Bolivia. I much rather lose like this trying out new guys, than losing against no name teams with all the starters, I liked Lugo, Zeballos even Tacuarita he could be usefull in the future, there are a bunch of other young guys that look very promising and weren't there, like Piriz, Samudio. Overall I would say it was a good try out for the young guys.

17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    It's for the Sudamericana that he is trying to build a competitive team, I don't see it happening though he talked so much trash during this season that he destroy everything we built, If we don't end up winning it, I blame him for it.

If Pajaro decides to come back to Paraguay and has offers from Cerro, Olimpia and Libertad he would probably go with one of the other 2 even for less money, Olimpia is like a Mexican NOvela there is a new episode full of drama everyday.

19. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barreto, Piris, and Luis Cardozo got called to the NT for the Bolivia friendly.

Barreto and Piris I like, Cardozo not so much.

20. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I never though I would see a varra Brava more uncivilized and savage than cerro's, I guess I have seen it all now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq7Xn3YFgr0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq7Xn3YFgr0[/ame]

21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's a disgrace, in general I like Santos but I'm actually going for Penarol to win the cup after this.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Starting lineup vs Bolivia

Justo Villar; Marcos Cáceres, Darío Verón, Paulo Da Silva, Elvis Marecos; Jonathan Santana, Cristian Riveros, Marcelo Estigarribia; Orlando Gaona , Roque Santa Cruz y Lucas Barrios

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All I can say is,

Holy crap, when did Estigarribia get this good? He's looking like Messi out there. All over the place, assisting, attacking, defending, a freaking beast! Whatever their giving him at Newell's hope they keep giving it to him. :eek:

In all seriousness, everyone has been playing very well with the exception of Roque, and Marcos Caceres has been a bit sloopy.

Gaona Lugo has been excellent also, this is the best I seen our midfield in awhile with Gaona Lugo and Estigarribia controlling things. Santana and Riveros have been good too, I hope Martino sticks with this midfield because it's working.

In the 2nd half I would like to see Haedo come in for Roque and Alcaraz for Caceres.

24. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good game, defense was solid, midfield, and attack where effective.

Keeper: Villar was good but never really got tested.

Defense: Good to see Da Silva getting back to his old form, all he needed was the playing time which he's getting at Zaragoza. I was also surprised by how well Marecos played, I honestly didn't expect much of him but he proved me wrong. Veron was solid as always. They did a great job in shutting down Marcelo Moreno.

Mid: Again the midfield was fantastic, Gaona Lugo looks to be a gem and Estigarribia was excellent. Barrios got the goal but it was all Chelo's work on that one.

Forwards: Roque was useless, his time is up. Barrios was great and a constant threat, Santander was also pretty good for the time he was in and I'm happy to see him get his first goal with the NT.

Looking forward to the next game, hope to seem them keep it up.

25. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    man I forgot about this game, I missed it, when is the next game??