Selección de PARAGUAY, Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by jonny63, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Re: Seleccion de PARAGUAY- Rumbo a WC, Part III

There is a lot of talk of Paulo Da silva and JC Caceres going to Olimpia.

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Caceres is in, Da Silva I doubt it. I'm pretty sure Da Silva is staying in Europe for a lil while longer he's still too good to go back to PY.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Haedo scored a golazo today against Atletico Madrid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuGFjrNt9ls&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Hercules CF vs Atletico Madrid [ 4-1 ] Nelson Valdez nice goal ( 10.01.11)[/ame]

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Is anybody going to any of the friendly games to be played in the US? I'm still debating weather to go or not, I would hate to travel to the games to watch an embarrassing performance as the ones we have come to expect from Paraguay when playing friendly games.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

All the way to Cali to watch another lazy friendly performance?

No thanks.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Yeah I have come to my senses, I will not go to any Paraguay Friendlys no matter how close the are.

9. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I don't know what to think about the U20 game last night, one of the things I like is the attitude at the beginning of the game this kids are being tought not to be afraid of Brazil or anyone else and you can see the TaTa Martino system that is being tought to them at an early age, so I liked that.

I don't know if we have anyone that is going to be of any use to the NT because I don't know any of them and I never really cared much about so called future talent anyways, if you think about it, some of the kids that were in the last youth WC are nowhere near the NT yet so I don't really care much to follow this new crop, Pajaro Benitez is the only one that comes to mind that I follow from the U20 to the NT, and that was in the PY 07 tournament and he hasn't really broken into the rotation yet.

Yesterday the team was completely outclassed by Neymar not Brazil but just NEYmar that kid is a star playing against kids that don't even play in first division team in Paraguay, It really pissed me off that nobody had the balls to kick him in the ankles really hard but whatever he'll get plenty of that as soon as he gets to Europe the way he plays I can see him getting his leg shattered on TV with his bones sticking out pretty soon.

10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I don't really follow "the future" either.

Paraguayan players are usually late bloomers anyways look at guys like Da Silva, Morel, Vera, Villar, and even Haedo Valdez who didn't show up until his 20s.

I can see the same happening with Benitez who in my opinion is very underrated right now.

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

By the way whats this I hear about Iturbe not being able to play for Argentina?

From what I hear he became a Paraguayan citizen in 07

And that would make sense if he is a Paraguayan citizen, I'm pretty sure Argentina doesn't allow dual citizenship considering Lucas Barrios had to denounce his Argentinean citizenship to get the Paraguayan one.

Paraguay's laws with dual nationality are also pretty strict I think you could only have dual citizenship with Spain in Paraguay.

Looks like he could be playing for us after all :D

13. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

It is very possible that Iturbe might be in violation to the fifa rules, because he renounced his Argentinian Citizenship in 07, just like Barrios so he is a Paraguayan Citizen right now.

As far as him playing for the Albirroja , I doubt it, not because he doesn't feel Paraguayo because he gave every indication that he is just as Paraguayo as anyone until he went to Argentina, but he has to be starstruck playing pick up games against Messy seeing and talking to all those famous player during the world cup, that has some impact in a young 17 year old kid, so I don't see him coming back to us and to be honest I don't want him coming back, I'm still not convinced that he will be the next messy and if he does became a great superstar I will say course and blame Chilavert for this, but I'll move on.

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

If he does become a star he would play for Paraguay trust me.

The APF would find a way to get him plus I'm sure he would want a chance to play in the World Cup.

I think the kid is all hype to be honest but who knows.

15. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I doubt it, all it takes is one official game for Argentina and he is gone and right now he thinks he is the sh.it and he probably thinks he belongs with Messi and company so I don't know, he might end up like Raul vicente Amarilla, he thought he was so nice and became a Spanish citizen played one or 2 games for Spain then was never called again or he might be good enough to stay in Argentina's nt who knows.

16. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Hey Danny how do you feel about your buddy Julio Caceres' return to Olimpia? :D

We did get some pretty good signings tho, sure it wasen't Da Silva, Arevalo Rios, Vera, or Riveros like Recanate bullshiited us about (I knew we wouldn't get them anyways, I did have hopes for Vera tho)

But we did get Bobadilla, Caceres, Marin, Paredes, and held on to El Tanque.

I'm not crazy on Zeballos tho he's a Cerrista at heart and shiited on Olimpia not too long ago.

17. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I guess time heal wounds, cause I think he should be a good help for the team he is still better than Manzur and he fits well with the team that pumpido is putting together.

As for Recanate I have to say I could not be more happy with him, this guy is really going all out buying players and cleaning the mess he found when he came in, I know he said he wanted Vera, Dasilva and Arevalo Riios , but those guys didn't come to Olimpia because they didn't want to not because the money wasn't there, they still working on Dasilva and RIveros there is still a chance they might come, Arevalo Rios decided to go to Brazil because is a more competitive league and Vera didn't think Olimpia was going to get it's shlt togeter like this so he signed back with Liga too soon.

When recanate came in to the club he found 7millones de GUARANIES in the bank, yes fifteen hundred $ the lights were about to get cut off we owed money to even the cook at Villa Olimpia, since then he managed to buy all those players and everyone has a 2 year contract at least no more of that 6month loan bs, he also convinced Scavone to waive the 5 million$ the club owed to him yes 5 million $ that is an insane amount of money for Paraguay.

I have not been this exited about the Paraguayan tournament in a long time we got an excellent team and so does everyone else Cerro, Libertad, Rubio nu so I can't wait for the tournament to start.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

The U20s suck ass, why aren't our best youngsters being used for this tournament?

The only one I even heard about in the list is Hernan Perez.

Celso Ortiz, Ronald Huth, Ivan Piris, Robin Ramirez, where are those guys at?

19. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

They are all over 20 already and they all suck too, I hate youth tournaments the only reason why I even try to follow this, because this decides who goes to the Olympics , I wish they would go back to using the U23 tournament to decide who gets the 2 spots. I hate watching useless little kids playing.

20. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

If you go back and think about it, it's very hard to find any player that has come from the U20 in the last few years, that has made any impact in the NT in the recent years. I have to go back all the way to 2003 to think of a player that become a regular in the team and that is Edgar Barreto he was in the U23 squad that got silver in Athens then there is Pajaro Benitez and he has made a limited impact in the NT then I really can't think of anyone that has come from those teams.

21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Well Roque Santa Cruz ofcourse :D and Paulo Da Silva who played in the 1999 FIFA World Youth championship, Aureliano Torres shows up from time to time and he played in Athens, but yea I agree theres not too many and like I said before Paraguay's players are usually late bloomers and don't hit their peaks till later in their careers.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I'm curious, who we'l have for the USA/Mexico friendlies, these are games where I think atleast most of the first team should be called to gel them for the Copa America

Me personally, I would go with;

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Haedo, Barrios, Camacho, Fabbro, Riveros, Vera, Roman, Alcaraz, Da Silva, Veron, Villar[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

WHAT? Fabbro?? hear me now, I was very against him being on the team but that's mainly because we already had a shitload of Argentines on the team at the time, thankfully the number has significantly dropped and pretty much the only one left is Lucas (Who's hardly Argentine anyways lol)

I figured if we had bums like Sergio Aquino and Nestor Ortigoza play for Paraguay, then might as well bring in Fabbro who's alot better then both those guys combined and who can bring in that extra spark that our midfield desperately needs.

I was also hoping Gaona Lugo would finally be called for these games but I hear he still has another 2 months to recover from his injury.

23. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    There is nothing that will change my mind on Fabro, I think he is a piece of shlt especially after the move he pulled to get out of Guarani, I'm also sick of Martino calling more and more Argentinos to the NT, I was fine with 1-2 but now more and more Argentinos keep popping up and I just don't want to hear it anymore a couple of weeks ago HIlario Navarro was talking about playing for PY, then there is all this sucking up to Iturbe by some member of the press and that really pisses me off.

I also think that most of the kurepas will be back to the NT, Jonathan Santana even though we haven't heard from him since he went to play in Afganistan or somewhere like that, he'll probably be called back, Lucas barrios is a given, Ortigoza is going to be playing in San Lorenzo and playing in the Libertadores plus I heard that he was playing really good before the end of last season, that's why big teams were willing to shell out big bucks for him, then there is Aquino there is no excuse for him to be called to the NT anymore but then again I never really consider him a Argentino the dude is just as Paraguayo as anyone else on the team, but he sucks now so he should be gone.

24. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    http://www.goal.com/es-us/news/3435...ial-paraguay-2011-2014-el-apocalipsis-guaraní

What a ridiculous article I found, it predicts Paraguay's failure in the future because it's refusal to renew players, as if we have not done this before and done it better than any other team in South American Country including Brazil and Argentina, after 02 how many people wrote off Paraguay because Chillavert Chiqui Arce, Acunia, Ayala, Cardozo were all done, yet we managed to replace them without missing a beat.

What a simplistic way of looking at things, you look at the age of a player then you look at the next world cup and then just say oohh well he won't make it to Brazil in 2014 so we should replace him NOW!!

TO give an few examples I don't think Dasilva and Morel will make it to the next world cup but the Eliminatorias start next year and all we need for them is to help win the 4 home games in the first round and we can start packing our bags for Brazil.

Paraguay can get quality defenders in a canchita de Barrio we have those by the dozens so I'm not worried at all about them, look at how we replaced JC Caceres who seemed like such an important part of the team, we replaced him with Alcaraz and no one even noticed it, Morel is another one on the way out and Miguel Samudio or Roman could do the same thing.

What a stupid article to compare us to Venezuela and lecture us about how other teams have done the work of "Renovar" their teams , I see this every WCQ, other teams show up with a new roster new coach trying out different players, then lose the first couple games and struggle to catch up and then just fall short, in the mean time we show up with almost the same team get a early lead and then just cruise to the WC replacing players on a needed bases as the tournament goes on, the writer talks about the games we have played after the WC and how bad we have looked, Really??? that shows how much he knows about Paraguay, when was the last time Paraguay ever looked good in a friendly game, against anyone?

25. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol who cares what they think especially considering it's goal.com they where the same ones saying that Roque Santa Cruz was going to Real Madrid.

Our formula has worked exceptionally well not only because our players get better and better with age but because they have played together so long that they know each other well and work well together as a team.

I remember people saying we wouldn't qualify to 06 because Chilavert was gone (as if he was the whole team) and we got Villar who's an extraordinary keeper and qualified, even Bobadilla was at his peak at that time...Chila was hardly missed.

Then they where saying we wouldn't qualify to South Africa because our players where old and we did.

How has renovation worked out for the other teams? Besides the other 4 teams that qualified to SA everyone else has sucked and even Brasil is not doing well at the moment.

The Navarro thing was shot down awhile ago, Justo being a keeper can still make it to 2014 and Barreto seems to be the obvious backup (altough I'm still not comfortable with him between the posts)

As for Iturbe the only reason he's getting all this hype is because he's playing for Argentina (marketing) if he was playing for Paraguay the only offers he would be getting would be from Mexico or some mid table team in Europe, it's all about the marketing.