Selección de Guatemala (CHAPINES)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Ya compraron su boleto mucha? O todos juntos? Oh le hacemos caso al fish y no vamos? He's been criticing the comision for a while (and rightly so) and is urging people not to go DkBEC7BX0AA8zV4.jpg

Pero tambien es cierto que el cerote quiere el hueso, y por eso tambien habla. I hope he never gets to be president tho. He'll only ruin his legacy imo. Le va pasar las del Tanque y va terminar preso

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Que coma mierda ese 0te. I'm going, even if we do get 5 dropped on us by their Sub20 right @dezeptus ?

dezeptus repped this.
  3. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Hahaha, mas de 5 nos van a meter esos pizados

So, you guys bought your tickets already or what ?

4. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Haven't bought them yet.. doubt it'll be a sell out but my family will be over this weekend and i should have a head count to buy then.

Let's roll y pongamonos bien a pija para celebrar que equipos nos pueden morongear otra ves!!!

Chul0 repped this.
  5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Im down. Y eso que ya no tomo. But to paraphrase the great Miguel Angel Asturias, a la sele solo estando a verga se le puede ver

dezeptus repped this.
  6. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Que fea está mierda! SmartSelect_20180815-091756_Instagram.jpg

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Puta vos, no seas asi. Con que juegue bien en el medio campo suficiente. Su aspecto fisico es lo de menos...

Starting Lineup DknjusgWsAEAlpk.jpg

8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    HT: Guate 1 (Marquez) Cuba 0

So far, great ideas but poor execution

9. Tecunuman

Tecunuman Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Al fin hacen la camisa de color celeste como debe de ser. Looks nice to me.

10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    FT: Guate 3 Cuba 0
    Marquez, Guerra, Ceballos.

Once again, there were some good things among some bad ones. We had too much trouble playing out of the back but we've only had a few days of work so it's understandable. But it will always be positive to win. Mas alla del resultado, it's good to be back and more importantly to have clear ideas. Here are my biased ratings.

Ratings

Paulo Motta 6: Didn't have much to do tbh. Was pretty good with his feet like always and the only reason he doesn't get a higher mark is because Cuba rarely troubled us. Tuvo una salida en falso por arriba though. I got "Jerez flashbacks" for a moment there low key. He's still the best we have and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Rafael Morales 8: He was solid defensively and his crossing is still top notch. However, he was beat on speed once which got him a yellow. Which is nothing new at this point of his career. I think his future lies at centerback though. Let's see if his coaches agree.

Hector Moreira 9: Best player imo. Nos costo demasiado salir jugando, y gracias a el pudimos romper lineas de presion con sus cambios de juego en el primer tiempo, y sus balones largos mas centralizados en el segundo. Defensively he was good too, but I want to see him against more difficult opponents. Especially, en campo abierto porque rapido no es. It is clear though the influence Claveri had in him during his Xela spell.

Manuel Moreno 5: Defensively he was good bar a harsh tackle in the 1st half. However, unlike Moreira todos sus cambios de juego fueron malos. Le costo salir jugando demasiado, and in Claveri team, that's a handicap.

Angel Cabrera 8: I've been championing this kid for a while so I might be rather generous in his rating. He played like he usually does with Coban, pisando las dos areas con criterio. And being the youngest one at 22, is not something we come to expect from our players. He had an great assist in the second half, though there were some lapses in concentration. If he can iron his rashness and his defensive nous, he should be the starting right back in the near future. His speed and attacking ability is a luxury we seldom have. His short stature might be exploited though, and let's hope he doesn't go the way of Jimenez who had a great debut but faded away.

Rodrigo Saravia 4: Once again, we had a lot of trouble playing it from the back. And as the only pivot, he was way too sloppy, which is unacceptable since he's supposed to be the one to keep the ball moving. His passing is already uninspiring and safe as it is, thus it blows my mind how he kept misplacing pass after pass. Even the 5 yard passes he kept missing the mark. He better improve quickly, because Aparicio, Brandon De Leon and even Del Aguila are ready to take his place. On a sidenote, it's a shame that Chema Rosales wasn't call up. His passing range could be very useful in this position.

Jose Marquez 7: Scored a goal in his debut, what a better way to start. In the 1st half he wasn't very assured with the ball at his feet but his late runs towards the area were very good. He improved in the 2nd half and his passing range was better displayed. It's a shame he didn't get to the NT til now that he's already 30 years old. More frustratingly is the fact he barely made it to la Liga Nacional til he was 28. Which is one of the greatest traits from Amarini Villatoro imo, his scouting of the lower leagues.

Frank De Leon 6: He had an assist on the first goal and always tried to be involved. But I'm being harsh with him, because he's one of the most talented players we have. My expectations of him are higher than our average seleccionado.

Jorge Vargas 7: He was always getting involved offering an outlet on the left wing. His conduction was rather sloppy though, but his diagonal runs were very good. I was rather surprised that we tried to begin our attacks on his side and finish them on the other wing, when it makes more sense to do the opposite. I do feel that his future lies as a striker though, let's see if they try him there eventually.

Kevin Norales 6: Epitome of the game I believe. Good ideas poor execution. His partnership with Cabrera has potential though

Danilo Guerra 7: He gets a 7 for scoring the only chance he got. Effectiveness is what we need now that Fish is gone. He made good runs but weren't spotted by our midfielders unfortunately, and his link up game didn't get a chance to be shown

Substitutions:

Luis Tatuaca 5: Didn't have much trouble but he gets a 5 cause he's terrible with his feet

Elias Enoc 6: Not much time to do much but his speed was useful in the few runs the Cubans tried on the right. If he keeps giving high fives to those around him every time they do something right, me va emputar though.

Delfino Alvarez 6: Had a few regates and his Coban connection with Cabrera was interesting. I think his future lies as an interior though.

Freddy Lopez 5: Didn't do anything particularly wrong, in fact he showed defensive solidarity he showed in the few minutes he had. But I honestly don't think he's NT material so I have no idea what he's even doing on the roster when el Cuilapa Mejia has shown more.

Marvin Ceballos 6: Mas alla del gol muy poco but I want to see him for longer. Es de los pocos "caracoleros" que tenemos

Jose Martinez 7: Very good of him to capitalize on the GK mistake to win the penalty. He also offered an outlet in the air once the Cuban team tried to press and left a big gap in the middle. It's pretty obvious since his time with the U-20 team, that he's our future #9

Full Match:

It's good to be back :)

edcalvi repped this.
  11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Convocatoria for the coming friendlies
    Dl4OBEVUUAAlIFp.jpg
    Mixed feelings about it.

GKs: I agree, Hagen might not be the third best gk rn, but he's the one that should be starting in a few years if nothing too weird happens

RB: I like Yanes, he could be a great option to have when we play against tall teams. Chaco is only called because of our federation's incompetence. Pineda & Cabrera don't have visas

CB: Kevin Ruiz hasn't done much, but neither has enoc so I'm not gonna complain. I feel Pinto should've been called though

LB: Mo ain't playing but I would've called him especially after the fact that Soto didn't have a visa either. Idk if Claveri is still mad that he didn't want to play against T&T.

CM: This is the one I have the most trouble with. Wtf is Prins still doing there???? I could mention at least 20 names more deserving than him. Also, does Claveri think Galindo is Colombian or something? I also hope that Marquez, Gallardo & Moyo were only called to give them a farewell game.

ST: Not gonna complain

Finally, I hope that Aparicio's absence is so he concentrate in his new team. Or else I'm gonna riot

13. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The optimist in me thinks all these local callups is a way for Claveri to push the "there are good players in Guate" agenda. And may be trying to get these players looked at. But there should have been more WCQ team call ups IMO, specifically Mo due to the endurance.

I agree that Galindo is a stud as a CM. He has the speed/size to play against these teams, just sucks that he's probably lost a step due to playing in Guate.

Apparicio hasn't played much on his team other than preseason games, which may not bode well for him or callups.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that Claveri did say that they're trying to get as many friendlies in as possible, so hopefully there will be more new names called as games go on.

Chul0 repped this.
  14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Even when he's lost a step and could lose a few pounds, Galindo is still one of the best CMs in the league. He's still better than average players like Prins. If he isn't called for even a morfociclo in the coming months, I'm gonna start thinking that there's somethint fishy going on

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I kind of like this line up versus Argentina.

FB_IMG_1536100504102.jpg

Chul0 repped this.
  16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    A mi me gusta, but if we play like this our midfield is gonna get bypassed too quickly. Moyo aint got the legs for a midfield 2. Y Saravia mucho tampoco corta

Yo jugaria con 4-3-3, retrasando a De Leon y meteria a vargas para que le ayude a Rafa en la banda. Id let Martinez lead the line by himself since we might need his height if we cant deal with their pressing.

Other than that, mas no hay. Hopefully Jimenez plays like he did against the US in el Mateo. Si no, nos vamos a comer una taleguiada como against Armenia

17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Y no es cuento vos. Alot of it will be getting out of their heads, being nervous and maybe star struck. If they stay focused they MAY be able to put some chances and shots together. After all it's about learning and getting to that next level of competition.

I'm expecting a loss, but if we can get a goal or two that would be a pretty amazing thing. Just as long as a loss isn't a lopsided Armenia routing.

Chul0 repped this.
  18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Yo creo que nos vamos a comer una goleada if we come out like we did against the US in Columbus.

Either way, cuantos tickets se han vendido? Everyone I knew that was going is backing out cause el cerote de Messi no va jugar. Me va tocar ponerme bien a verga e ir solo

dezeptus repped this.
  19. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    #869 dezeptus, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Was at the game.. 22K! I want to say 20K were chapines. Not a bad showing! As for the game, here's my recap:

Todos valieran verga menos el Moyo por momentos y Ceballos quien enteo con energía pero un poco muy loco. El gran cerote del día fue Saravia que no sirve pa ni mierda! Ojala se queda aca de una ves y no regrese al Albo!

Chul0 repped this.
  20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    It should have been 2-0.

Qué árbitro desgraciado, we still suck anyway.

Chul0 repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Yo me tuve que ir temprano (beginning of the 2nd half) porque el cerote de mi tio se queria dar vergasos con otro pizado bolo igual que el, but I agree. Saravia was the worst.

Yo ya lo habia dicho despues del partido contra Cuba. In which he was misplacing even the simplest of passes y eso que Cuba no presionaba bien. Otro gol que regala como en Columbus. If Claveri doesnt at least try Aparicio or Brandon, o al mismo Rosales if he wants a passing midfielder there, in his position soon, i think he's lost it como Sopegno.

El Moyo lo mismo de siempre. El unico que trata de tocar y ponerla al piso. Se ve muy lento y hace algo mal y toda la mara le hecha la culpa nada mas a el. For his sake, he better retire from the NT soon.

And lastly, the worst thing imo. Claveri throwing Yanes under the bus. No podes echarle la culpa a un patojo de 20 años que nada mas tuvo un dia y medio de entrenamiento con ellos. Aparte, si bien no fue el mejor, tampoco fue el peor. Si le quiere echar la culpa a alguien es a la comision. Those ********ers couldn't get Angel Cabrera's passport on time.

dezeptus repped this.
  22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    1-0 imo. The argies had multiple opportunities to score, but from the goals, one is never a penalty & the other was another brainfart by Saravia.

edcalvi and dezeptus repped this.
  23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    So apparently we're playing Jamaica & Costa Rica in October. I like it. The only thing that could ruin them would be Claveri calling Prins Lopez. Dude don't even play for Petapa

24. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    DoyA70MU4AA-sp4.jpg
    Call up (even though we won't be playing any friendlies)

Not many positives really. At least Galindo has been called up (ya era hora). But I still don't understand what Gallardo is doing there. Nothing against the dude but he's already 35, we have to look forwards, not backwards. Also, mientras Claveri siga llamando a Prins Lopez no vamos a llegar a ningun lado, Calvo hijueputa...

It is sad though how the other National teams in the region are shaping up to be in the next few years while ours gets left further and further behind. Mexico & the US will keep producing quality players, Canada seems to be on the brink of their "golden generation" led by Davies, Leon Bailey will play for Jamaica, CR seems on the wane but they're always competitive Honduras, Panama, & T&T are still better than us. Dark days ahead :(

edcalvi repped this.
  25. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    @Chul0 Everything after 2006 has been horrible..