Selección de Guatemala (CHAPINES)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jun 16, 2015.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    In San Pedro Sula, so many Guatemalans made the trip.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Still my favorite Guate jersey. And of course best team to be put together, IMO

3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Of course, that's my favorite Jersey too!
    It resembles the flag and looks original.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That team gave us ALL kinds of fits!

Should've built on that mayne, but the powers at be had to be greedy as phuck.

edcalvi repped this.
  5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    It feels like today is the perfect time to do a brief recap of what's been happening in our unfortunately still banned soccer.

*Our players from abroad are coming back with their tails between their legs:
    1) Marco Pappa - Back with municipal. He still seems to have a drinking problem and hasn't managed to be a starter yet.

2) Moises Hernandez- Back with Cremas. It's a shame cause he seems to be decently talented not to mention young. Hasn't made his debut yet.

3) Payeras- Back with Municipal. Hasn't played much due to injury.

4) Ceballos- Recently signed with Antigua. He wasn't even playing in Ligas piteras como la usl and Nasl. Hopefully gets his career back on track.

*Sopegno has finally resigned: it was time to go about 6 months ago. He should be praised for everything he gave cremas (early stints) but his relationship with the players wasn't very healthy. Julio Gonzalez is still there so not much of a change really.

*Roberto Arzu wants to buy Cremas back: please don't.

*Frank de Leon scored this peach. I've been one of his greatest fans since his marquense days. It sucks the NT didn't play the uncaf. He was a starter in my hypothetical line up.

1:20 mark

* There is very interesting batch of young players coming through.

1) Hagen is proving to be the real deal. He seems to have proved to be better than super Motta during his absence. He's the future and by the looks of it, present of our goalkeeping hopes.

Best game against Carcha: 0:50 & especially 2:22 best saves.

2) Estrada has had shaky start with Cremas. He also got injured recently. I still feel he'll be the captain and mainstay of our NT defence sooner or later.

3) John Méndez hasn't played much, but he's still proving his worth every time he gets a chance.

4) Altan. It would be a shame if this kid doesn't make it. Seems to have poor healthy habits though. Let's hope he can get his weight under control.

5) José Martinez made he's debut for Municipal and has a goal to his name in two games. I have high hopes for this kid.

Goal against Mictlan: 4:10

* The favorites to lift the league title at the end of the season are Antigua and municipal. They seem to have to greatest squad depth as well.

*There's also been a massive change to the CCL format, however there's no point in talking about it since there doesn't seem to be a lift to our ban in the near future.

edcalvi and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    As of a 2 weeks ago, the Fed and the government had 20 days to get this sh*t together before we received a life ban from FIFA.

Still haven't heard a word about anything being resolved.....awful

Chul0 repped this.
  7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Esos cerotes no van ha hacer ni mierda, there's no way we fix it by May, so no CCL for us either unfortunately I'm afraid.

Anyways time to briefly update what's been going on in our crappy yet marvelous futbol.

* TV competition: Last time I forgot to mention how Tigo Sports acquired the rights to Antigua, Carcha and other teams in the league. So for the first time in forever, there's two providers. Let's hope Guatevision and Azteca join in too and invest in the league.

*Pappa' s mother died while he was playing against Guastatoya: And for some f***** up reason Fuentes (GUA player) decided he was the one qualified to deliver the news...in a mocking manner. It's outstanding the lack of empathy, manners and education our players (more like the Guate population as a whole) lack.

* Carlos Ruiz continues to have meltdowns over social media and is aiming for the Fedefut presidency:
    Well I think he's having a middle age crisis or the alcohol abuse is finally catching up. Either that or he wants to get to power Trump style. I don't think he's the right person for the job and feel this will more likely than not damage his legacy. However, I rather him than someone who's never done anything for the NT.

* Cremas finally got rid of Sopegno: Gonzales is back and though cremas are still rooted to the bottom of the table everyone agrees they're playing better (just tied municipal in the last clasico).

*Talking about the clasico, Hagen played his first and though I didn't watch the whole thing he looks the part. This is our NT best chance at replacing Motta.

*Lastly, the U20 qualifiers are almost over ( congrats @Catracho_Azul btw)
    And can't help but get mad at the directivos. I thought we had a decent chance of qualifying (or being highly competitive at least) if we could've find replacement for Gilder Lemus

This was gonna be my starting lineup :'(

Not Gilder
    Ramos Estrada Reyes Yanez
    Durban Rodriguez
    Méndez Altan. Esteban
    Martinez

Anyways, que pasen buena semana santa, y a agarrar furia por que no hay de otra.

edcalvi and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I honestly think we'd have made a run in the U-20's. They were looking good with the little time they had and would have had a more polished look on the filed, and mentally tougher.

It's sad that our national soccer teams are at an absolute stand still because those in charge can't get their sh*t together. Almost seems like they're doing it on purpose at this point.

With that being said, I can see why Fish is so fired up about the status of our Fed. I can't really blame him, but I do think that he needs to learn the political aspect. I had suggested to Paiz that he pick up Fish with a high level position in the Fed if he won, so Fish could take over once Paiz's run was up.

But unfortunately we're just sitting here waiting....still waiting

9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree, the u-20 look competitive even if they had the least amount of time to prepare.

Anyways, I guess it's time to update a little.

*We're finally "working" again. Antonio García has been coaching a NT looking towards the next Olympics. Let's see if Altan can guide us there.

*Fish sigue con la tiradera. Not long ago he got into an argument with el cerote de Pablo Melgar on twitter. On a slightly unrelated note, I always thought Ruiz would ruin his legacy by becoming a president of the Fedefut. It's turns out he might do it sooner as an "analyst" on bein sports. He's boring asf.

* Municipal sigue invicto and it looks like the 30th is finally coming home.

*José Marotta just passed away. I never saw him play but his nickname was "el electrico", make of that what you will.

*Last, let me play coach of just a little since the qualifiers are going on and we're not there :'(
    This would b my 11 going forward
    4-3-3 shifting into a 3-4-3

Hagen; Jiménez, Enoc, Mo, Rafa;
    Saravia, Aparicio/Rosales, Galindo;
    Frank, Miranda, Guerra

10. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Chul0 repped this.
  11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So the commission has been extended through January 2018. So much for a new president and starting over. This crap is just going from bad to worse.

13. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So now the ball is in the congress' court. Don't know how I feel about that since they're all a bunch of jack asses

Chul0 repped this.
  14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Otro año sin futbol vas a ver...:'(

15. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    P*ta, y no es cuento. Primero se va hacer sacerdote el @dezeptus que tengamos otro partido de seleccion.

Chul0 repped this.
  16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Ojala que se haga cura, y exorcize nuestros futbol que esta maldito :'(

17. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    SamKnight and edcalvi repped this.
  18. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Congrats hopefully now you can put this behind you and move forward. Now it's time for Concacaf to put you in Nations League since if would be criminal for you guys to miss qualifying for the World Cup this early on, Guate was actually ranked 8th. It also doesn't make much sense that non FIFA members are participating.

drerodz and edcalvi repped this.
  19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    It's great to be back, and blow some dust off of this thread.

As of now Antigua is allowed to represent Guate in CCL. The temp committee and CONCACAF advisers are in talks with FIFA/CONCACAF to see if Guastatoya and Coban will be able to participate.

This is a huge step in the right direction, but FIFA has made it clear that there's no room for messing around. Anything that looks shady or wrong and FIFA will automatically suspend us. So far the committee and advisers are keeping things clean and going by the boo. Just hope no one tries to throw a wrench in it to make waves on purpose.

edcalvi, Chul0 and SamKnight repped this.
  20. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That would be Tauro and Santos that are taking your spots in the CL right? Hopefully Concacaf does the right thing and lets your other two teams represent, would not surprise me to see regional politics involved though since Santos and Tauro might be considered "Bigger teams".

Chul0 repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Puta vos apereciste. Im pretty sure Antigua will be able to participate. Sadly va ser 2 partidos y pa fuera.

What's worrying tho is our NT. The liga de Naciones deadline already passed. So not only do we have crappy players, young players without rodaje, now we wont be able to even play. Present & future look bleak

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I doubt it. There is no incentive to give back their spots tbh

23. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    #823 SamKnight, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Nah Yall need need to fight for it, It's would be pure BS for you to not get a chance to Qualify for the Gold Cup this far out especially since it's expanded form 12 to 16.

Also how would the League work if Guate was not suspended? Concacaf has 41 members so it is already uneven, 6 are not even FIFA members. Do they make the 2 bottom teams duke it out for a spot?

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    If they allow Antigua to play, they should allow Coban and Guastatoya too. Makes no sense to only allow one team in since Mex and Panama already have all their spots fulfilled.

However Santos could sway CONCACAF and say their games would bring more revenue, which may be true but still bullshit. Ultimately it's politics.

25. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    We've all been on FB keeping up to date. You on there?