Selección de Guatemala (CHAPINES)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well there were anomalies in the process, but no one wants to admit it or accept their responsibility. First by the previous fed in the way they took the samples. And now by the comision, in the way they disregarded previous info and emitted a punishment anyways.

Also there's a rumor in guate that gerardo Paiz is orchestrating the whole thing to come into power. What would be the point tho? Without competitions there's no $$$$$. Idk but like always our players will end up suffering due incompetence in the ppl in charge once again .

2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I though Guatemala played at the Estadio Mateo Flores. I'm watching Tuesday's game on DVR and it says the game was at Estadio Doroteo Guamuch Flores. Is it a new stadium or a renamed stadium? If the stadium was renamed, when did it change names and why?

@Popol Vuh

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Because that was Mateo Flores' original Mayan name. It's politics.
    Personally I think it's ridiculous.

It will always be Mateo Flores to me.

5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree, for me it'll always be the mateo.

Y para fregar son tan incompetentes que ni lo hicieron bien. His name was Guamuche not Guamuch.

edcalvi repped this.
  6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    :thumbsup::):D

edcalvi repped this.
  10. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Great news man. Love it

11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

Yo le daba los siguientes 10 años...maybe he can build our soccer from the ground up like he did with Suchi.

12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    CuLxbv6UAAAeb4_.jpeg

There's already a call up for a morfociclo, and I really really really really .....really like it.

He called the best right backs, the future GK of the NT (Hagen), the future Cb (Estrada), Frank de Leon & Kevin Ruiz and to a lesser extent Castillo, one of the current best forwards in Betancourt.

The only ones who I feel are missing that deserve to be called are Miranda, Sosa, Armas & maybe el abuelo & Juan Cardona. Also, I feel luis cardona, Carvajal and arias sobran, but I'm just nitpicking at this point.

13. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    According to guatefutbol.com Claveri asked the fed for 5 friendlies. That would give him enough time and opportunity to try a team of all local players, and a team of mostly legionarios.

Now it's just a question of will it or wont it happen

14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    We just wasted two FIFA dates and no games.

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    We just wasted two FIFA dates and no games.

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Ahi esta @Popol Vuh , pa que dejes de postear la misma mierda mas de una vez hahaha

edcalvi repped this.
  17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well here's the "local players" games.

Chul0 repped this.
  18. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I like Nicaragua.

Chul0 repped this.
  19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Me too. Up and coming with good tactical play. They'll give us a good game.

20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree, besides there aren't many selcciones available to play since most are playing qualifiers :cry::cry:. On a side note we should try and snatch henry Duarte from them. Yo le daba our u20 for next cycle

Oh, and I'm liking Claveri more everyday (though @LesG9 probably won't) after what he said

He got a couple of things wrong (like Chang's and Garcia's ages) but I agree wholeheartedly with what he said

On summary
    On Roldan "La selección es mas grande que el"

On Kamiani "No voy a pedir que lo nacionalizen pero si lo hace es guatemalteco y es opcion"

21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Kamiani is old too, but he'd still get called up. So the whole "they're too old" excuse isn't flying for those two players.

However, I'm still a proponent of getting more legionarios get looked at. Strictly because they're from leagues where it's a faster pace, and alot more conditioning. When we play teams like US, Mexico, Jamaica we struggle with keeping up all 90 minutes.

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree with the age thing, a la selección tiene que ir los mejores, irrespective of their ages.

Now, about the legionarios thing I feel there are some that can contribute, but come on bro, let's be honest, most of them aren't good enough. Some aren't even having regular playing time in their crappy leagues (just like the guatemalan league mind you).

For example, this is how I see it and I understand if ppl don't agree.

Enoc- He has to be a starter period. He's having regular time with his club but even if he wasn't, con seleccion siempre responde.

Jerez- Tricky one. He's the best of our legionarios. Pero es pecho frio with the NT. However, he still deserves a spot in the roster due to lack of options mainly.

Henry Lopez- He's not playing, so no. But if he gets consistent minutes he should get a look.

Nacho - Not playing much but I'd give him a spot in the roster. He's the perfect dude to put in the last minutes when we're desperate for a goal or trying to close up a game due to his height.

Angelo Padilla - Not playing much but again, if he starts scoring he should get a look.

Marco Pappa- I'd give him a spot in the roster but I'm not sure if he should be starting.

Saravia - Not playing but he's done enough to at least be in the roster.

Roldan- Good enough but he's not sure. Se le respeta pero compromiso a medias no me sirve.

Moises- He's playing constantly but even if he wasn't he's always shown up for the NT. Si el cerote explica porque no jugo against T&T I have him as starter left back.

Payeras- Se equivoco varias veces but he has the merits to be in the roster and with an outside chance of starting.

Ceballos- Not playing so no. He's talented though.

Ramos - give him a call up one of these days. He's playing in a crappy league but he's scoring constantly.

Dominguez - Not playing but I think he's talented. I'd call him just to lock him up but I feel rn we have at least 3 DMs in better form.

Rivas & Garcia- None are good enough. Rivas no juega and Garcia's better days are behind him. In before there's a video of him playing against Juve like 7 years ago.

Rubin- He's a Nad and proud. Let him be it's his right/choice.

Cincotta- Talented and humble. He deserves another chance but he has to prove he's a better left back than Mo or Rafa. Right now he hasn't.

Bengtsson bros- Agree with Claveri. They should be tried with the U-20 and see if they're better than what we have. Guay from Levante decepciono so u never know if they can. We should've have learned already that playing outside of guate doesn't guarantee they'll play better than what we have (Motta & Jerez)

Chang- Yo no lo llamaba. He plays in a crappy league (and someone in the salvie thread can back me up on this one) and isn't prolific. He's playing constantly tho, so I wouldn't get mad if he ever gets a shot.

This is basically how I see it, I know a lot ppl disagree and I'm fine with that lol

edcalvi repped this.
  23. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    En pocas palabras, Claverí mando mucho a la mrda a Guti. :D

Chul0 repped this.
  24. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I wish :barefoot::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: lol. But no, all he said was that not everyone that happens to play abroad is good enough for the NT. Which I agree. Besides he has Luis Swisher scouting the players here in the US, and he knows a thing or two about what it takes to both play abroad and play for the NT successfully.

New call up
    CuwTqk9VUAAX7fL.jpeg

I like Castaneda (chaparrito pero cumplidor a tras). Moreira is very good in the air and deserved a chance when he was at USAC. Idk about now tho with Xela.

oh y que desgracia que no hayan encontrado alguien mejor que Gilder Lemus, but if he's gonna start for the u20 mind as well give him the experience.

25. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I remember when Luis Swisher played one season in the Polish 1st tier. His team was relegated so he came back to Guatemala. It was a small team from Warsaw but Swisher was always a starter.