Seleção Sub-teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Catracho_Azul, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The past few days, I wake up to go to work and am relieved when I see the results. Thanks to the time difference, I just can't be awake to watch the games. And this morning I was surprised Brazil defeated Senegal 5-0.

Great teamwork on that fifth goal - that was some serious triangulation.

Serbia lost a group stage game, but they clutched on PKs vs. Team USA, and I hope more than anything that the boys play this match with absolute seriousness.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Senegal got what was coming to them. Their coach at the presser said this Brazil isn't the Brazil of Pelé, Garrincha, Zico, Ronaldo, etc. I think there are other ways of motivating your team or speaking positively of them without giving bulletin board material to the other team.

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Let's hope Serbia's manager does the same! :D:p:laugh:

4. lucio souza

lucio souza Member

Feb 17, 2014
    BRAZIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The best player of the tournament so far: Micale. He took the team 20 days before the World Cup; Gallo list was ready and could not be amended to include the Gabigol and Gerson;He lost the best player (Kenedy);He survived two very difficult matches against Uruguay and Portugal. Whatever the final outcome Micale is already a champion.

Bakaman and Mengão86 repped this.
  5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And he strives to play offensive football.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  6. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh. Well that's great news, of course. We will have a great first XI AND some great players in the bench as well. Seriously to win gold at home, that's the best way to bury this "complex" of ours for good!

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Good article. I hope Micale rubs off on some of our coaches.

8. lucio souza

lucio souza Member

Feb 17, 2014
    BRAZIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Today i saw on tv all kids from our u20 team stating that they will fight to restore the pride after the 7 x 1. As as stated at The Official Seleção History thread, the 7x1 will be our fuel for a long time (it's strange to say but god bless the 7x1):
    "Friends, I think there are evils that come to good. I think that because after the Cup loss in 1950 (an almost insurmountable trauma) we won five World Cups. This trauma was replaced by another: 7 x1 last Cup. Maybe this defeat is the fuel that we need to win five more World Cups in the next 50 years. I hope I'm right".

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Well Pele said because of how his dad crying to Maracanazo, it motivated him to not let his dad experience that kind of pain again and we know the rest.:D

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Final is on. 20 mins in solid game by both teams. Brazil had two big chances so far (just now a beautiful one from Gabriel Jesus). Serbia presses a lot and had tried to release players behind our line but so far we're doing well on defense under pressure. Lucao just failed to put a header on target all alone on the corner.

Come on U20, give us something to be happy about.

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Half time 0x0. Brazil with all the possession, Serbia a pressing and counterattacking team but have had few chances to spring someone so far. They have earned some dangerous freekicks and closed out the half with a corner kick that Jean made a big save on. Brazil marked poorly and the "jogada ensaiada" worked perfectly - corner kick went past far post, headed back to the middle and the Sebrian player was all alone and headed down. Fortunately close enough to Jean that he could make the save.

Serbia's a very disciplined team. Their shape is really interesting, they don't park the bus but always have at least one extra player on the side of the ball. Some quicker decision making from Brazil might make a difference if well executed.

Brazil are looking better than the commentator gives them credit for, a little bizarre in my mind. Looking for an early sub or adjustment or Brazil to give us some early second half chances. Let's see.

12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    3 minutes into the second half Brazil gets a chance, skied over the bar. Nice move down the left, shot results in a rebound and the player should've kept the shot low, instead he hits it over the bar from 10 yards.

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fox Sports One or some clandestine streams I'm sure (rojadirecta.whatever it is today).

14. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Serbia scored 69th minute, nice play down the right, easy score once the ball is crossed and number 9 is all alone.

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Andreas Perrera ties it 3 mins later. Play reaches him on the left, not much going on, but he takes some players on and end up in the box, cuts in and shoots to the far corner.

1x1

16. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pereira! can he arrive in time for the Copa quarter finals? :)

17. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    tremendously entertaining game.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Andreas Perreira with a beautiful free-kick in the 1st minute of injury time, great save by the keeper... still tied. 2 min to go.

19. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Overtime.

20. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    4th overtime in a row for Serbia. They appear to be on their last legs.

21. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    derp. Serbia score on another counter attack after we missed a ********-zillion chances. 2-1

22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, grats to Serbia. Solid game by both teams. Brazil with more chances but Serbia play to press and counter so that was expected. They beat our offside trap - a pretty good trap for a young team with a new coach, at 117 minutes to score the winner.

Brazil were solid. Went farther than anyone would have thought and looked good in the final.

Bakaman repped this.
  23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed. It was unfortunate to concede a goal and lose the game like that, but like I said previously I have to congratulate the players and specially Micale for a job well done. May they keep evolving so someday they will fulfill their potential and maybe wear the grow ups amarelinha :thumbsup:

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #999 Mengão86, Jun 20, 2015