Seleção General Discussion, 2016-17 - Era Tite [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    If anything, guys like Gabriel Jesus, Gabigol, Luan, and Rodrigo Caio show me that Brazil still produces high-class players. Maybe they're not Ronaldo or Rivaldo, but we can still be competitive.

2. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    No other nation produces Ronaldo Rivaldo Roberto Carlos Cafu in 1 cycle. If they did they would be called Brazil.

Also no other nation currently has talent like brazil's young talent, and when you look at the brazilian NT put on the WC, no other nation also matches their talent. They over take us in team play. Germany has the same guys playing the same system, we put something together last minute... talent wise? Germany doesn't beat us. They do have talented players, but position by position we would win.

3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm curious how you come to that conclusion.

JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The most important thing in my opinion is that the youngsters make the correct career decisions. Thats imperative to ensure that this generation makes the transition to the first team and also develop their game. Avoid the China, Middle East, and Eastern Europe routes.

2 games into the Olympics, Zeca and Thiago Maia were being linked to PSG and Chelsea. Unless you're going to start or get ample time, I don't think our guys should keep making the jump to these mega teams so quickly. Lucas Silva situation is a prime example. Kenedy is about to get lost in Chelsea's loan carousel.

5. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CONFIRMED
    Copa America 2019 in Brasil !

6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Brazil honestly never stop. People expectation were unrealistic. I always see Brazil isn't as good as the past comment but you can't measure current talent vs past talent; no matter what, they won't measure up. For example, Marcelo and Daniel Alves aren't scrubs because they are inferior to Cafu and Robero Carlos. And @Guigs mention how the likes of Ronaldo are once in a blue moon type talent, those don't come out every year. If anything we need to do a better job of keeping our talent and developing them and after their game has matured, sell them to proper European clubs.

MerlinRM repped this.
  7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #132 Emperor Adriano, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Rafael Carioca just carted off the pitch against ponte , looks like the ankle. I wonder if tite is considering the two I want arao and Maia.

8. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let me push back a bit here.

I get that there's a tendency to inflate past feats and treat greats of the past as larger than life. Part of it is unintentional--we tend to forget the mundane and remember the extraordinary.

With that said, this is still an incredibly lazy generalization.

Some generations produce more talent than others. And this isn't just the case with Brazil. But let's focus on us.

How many players from this current generation have a chance of being named the best player in the world? Neymar. As of now, that's it.

In the last 1.5 generations, we have:

Ronaldo (2002, 1997, 1996)
    Ronaldinho (2006, 2005, 2004)
    Romario (1994)
    Rivaldo (1999)
    Kaká (2007)

When each of those awards were given out, these players were being compared to other players in their present and, to some extent, expectations formed based on the past. No one had any idea of who was going to come next or how he would compare. So the "no matter what, they won't measure up" comment doesn't really hold. These were the people who experts considered to be the best at the time they were chosen. Brazilians used to be showing up on this list with pretty high frequency. Now they aren't. That's an objective fact. It isn't anyone's imagination or nostalgia-driven bias for the past.

samuel_clemens repped this.
  9. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Excellent on point Vickery article talking about the collective improvement starting in the Denmark game but noting frustrating lack of quality to finish plays in the Final:

This was exactly what I saw and mentioned above.

old_carioca_in_nyc repped this.
  10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar, Paulinho, and RA already training at Corinthians training ground.

[​IMG]

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did Neymar, Gabigol and others agree to dye/bleach their hair as a result of winning gold? I saw Gabigol dyed his facial hair in yesterday's Copa do Brasil game and now Neymar.

[​IMG]

12. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Show me another nation with that track record

Come on now... no country has ever had that generation, don't expect it to happen over and over... we went from the 1960s to the late 90s to have that happen.

13. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    A little confused with your post. I know the 80s team didn't win a WC, but people talk of those players very highly.

14. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    much better organization, CBF is a mess... we can't keep a coach for a WC cycle meanwhile your coach has been in command for a very long time. that gives the team stability.

Saying Germany doesn't have the same talent doesn't mean much. The talent level nowadays is too close to call to begin with. Whats the difference between lahm and dani alves? Boateng and T.Silva? Neymar and Muller? William and Gomez? Luis Gustavo and Khedira..

those are very close calls talent wise to begin with, it's not that one is so superior to the other. However the brazilians do collect more accolades as individual players, having always at least 2 in the Fifa team of the year.

The difference to me is just the organization itself, which elevates the more organized side. Brazil depends too much on talent alone, and in today's football that's not enough any longer.

Cool Rob repped this.
  15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zico was of that Caliber, that's it.

Here's a good comparison. For ever after now, people will think that Spain can produce another team that has, Casillas, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi and David Villa.

They'll wait for the rest of eternity. Cause that just doesn't happen. Same goes to Chile, they are having their best talent come together all at the same time. Once that's done they'll keep comparing players but they'll never be the same.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    E a gente vai ganhar! :thumbsup:

17. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would be curious to see your position-by-position breakdown of Brazil vs Germany on a talent level, and why you thought Brazil was better. Not in the mood for argument, but just asking.

18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I heard that's what they were going to do if they won gold.

19. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Marcelo, Dani Alves, T.Silva and Neymar were all in the FiFPro World XI last year. compared to Neur.

So automatically we have

GK - Neuer
    LB - Marcelo
    CB - T.Silva
    CB - Marquinhos, Miranda, Boateng, Hummels
    RB - Dani Alves
    DM - Casemiro (hate him) Kross, Khedira, Luis Gustavo
    CM - Lucas Lima, R. Augusto, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Paulinho
    AM - Ozil, Schurrle, Kimmich, William, Douglas Costa, Coutinho
    FW - Muller, Gomez, Gotze, Gabi Gol, Gabriel Jesus, Firmino, Luan (I would take Muller over all the other options)
    FW - Neymar

Pretty much if you take any of the names and fill positions, you'll have the same team. Talent wise they are pretty similar. It's on the top of the line talent that brazilians are ahead.

On defense 3/5 are Brazilian. The ones who are not, it's a toss up.
    Midfield there's a case for all of them, the talent is equal.
    Offensively Brazil has more talent. Considering that we have 2 19 year olds who are absolutely more talented than most players at their position.

Germany has 35 recent call ups
    Brazil has 53 recent call ups

That's what I mean about lack of consistency. And that's also what I mean about the talent pool being so large that a lot of those pieces are interchangeable in the Brazilian squad. But that doesn't make it for a good team.

20. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Podolski isn't a CM as far as I know and you forgot one of their better midfielders in Gundogan. IMO, if you made an starting 11 of just German and Brazilian players, the central midfield pairing would be all German.

JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    And after that game against Germany, I'm not sure you'd want Marcelo starting..........

22. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not expecting another golden generation. Just some more actual craques. We had a decent crop come of age in the 80s... better overall than what we have at our disposal now, I'd argue.

Zico
    Falcão
    Toninho Cerezo
    Socrates
    Careca

23. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Oh, I don't think it's close.

Redshift repped this.
  24. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not close. Just understating that point.

25. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zico is the only one that's a career stand out of that group. Respect to that group, but Cerezo, Falcao, Socrates and Careca are not at the same level.

Neymar has already proven he is on a different level.

Dani Alves actually IS on Roberto Carlos level. Dani Alves is the best RB we've had since Cafu and on his level. Junior from the 80s isn't on their level.

T. Silva is probably the best defender Brazil has ever had. And don't say Aldair, as I've said before you get beat on headers off corners on a final... that's on your CB.

Cerezo for as much as I liked him, he's not out of this world class he's on Dunga's class.

Socrates was a great player, Rivaldoesque maybe, however, his status also has to do with off the field things. Politics, protest etc.

Falcao's career was filled with happy years, however, it would be like saying Radamel Falcao is at his level, since his career was also exceptional from 2005-2013, eventually taking a nose dive.

Careca I would say is more on Robinho's level. That's not saying he's a great player! Robinho has 100 caps with the Brazilian NT for a reason. But he's not at Zico's level.